Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

Hope Manziel can play well, get some life into the Montreal team on the field,  and bring people to Montreal and a few other stadiums.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Americans come up to watch Johnny. 

I hope he does well also......but imagine if he stinks it up in Montreal and gets replaced by Adams? The former Heisman and NFL big wig couldn't crack the worst team in the league.... yikes. Lets hope he does well :)

Manziel failed the NFL the first go around because he attempted too many deep chucks into triple coverage areas.  He takes high risk throws, and refuses usually to take sacks, and has a bit of a run around backyard football style of playing the game.  Tried too many bad throws in Cleveland and as a result saw his time cut short.

Having said that, the Als need a scrambling risk taking QB to try and get things done for them.  Willy takes too many sacks and Matthews doesn't have a very good arm.  Manziel should at least be able to escape pressure and throw on the run for them.  Now whether he hits his target when he throws the ball ... Well that's where the adventure will be.

11 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just watched the Johhny Manziel interview. I am having trouble reconciling the articulate, respectful guy I saw in the interview with the entitled, hard partying, domestic abuser that I've read about in the past.

Curious to see how this plays out.

People grow up. He probably thought he was invincible. But being out of the NFL in a hurry humbled him up. I think he’ll do some good things in Montreal. Only downside is going to a complete tire fire organization. 

8 hours ago, bearpants said:

Great player, great leader... but expect at least one offside every game... and one RTP every game or two...

his first move off the snap is insane. Ni or imp that dude explodes. 

36 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Wonder if Westerman regrets leaving Winnipeg?

dont care got paid. 

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

1st rate organization in Montreal, letting players find out they've been traded through social media.

This happens far too frequently now. Just gonna be a thing when you have multiple people involved and social media.  doesnt make it less stinky though. 

16 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think Williams went to the ticats in order to cut speedy B. I think his tantrum last week sealed his fate. 

I feel bad for Westerman though- IIRC he took the same cash from the Als that we offered him to close out his career playing with his bro and in front of his family... 

Banks has blossomed under June Jones so I don't think he goes anywhere. Teamed with Chris Williams & the Cats now have 2 speed burners for Massoli to throw to. 

30 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think Williams went to the ticats in order to cut speedy B. I think his tantrum last week sealed his fate. 

I feel bad for Westerman though- IIRC he took the same cash from the Als that we offered him to close out his career playing with his bro and in front of his family..

Nah, I think you've got this one wrong, Kavis offered him a ridiculous amount and the Bombers couldn't come close to matching it.  Reports in Feb. had it close to $250,000, $50,000 more than the Bombers offer.  Hard to believe the Ti-Cats would even want to pick up the remainder of that contract. 

Kavis is such a worm, flies to N.J. in person to convince Westerman to sign, then trades him away without even informing him.  The sooner the Als can dispose of him the better for the CFL and the future of the Als.

7 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I feel bad for Westerman though- IIRC he took the same cash from the Als that we offered him to close out his career playing with his bro and in front of his family... 

HAM is currently working on a scheme to start 5 american recs to fit Wms in. But , your idea isnt far fetched. That wasnt Banks first tantrum.