Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

27 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Khari did himself no favours by signing onto a sinking ship, and his career may be permanently derailed as a result. I don't know if Wally Buono has enough fire in his belly for an overhaul of this nature, Kent Austin and Danny Barrett have burned a lot of bridges, but would Maccocia want to leave a comfy, secure job for the chaos in Montreal?

What bridge did barrett burn? He took some very nice ncaa work for a while and is now a positional coach in the NFL. I dont blame the guy at all. Imo he is a gem of a coach too. 

4 hours ago, johnzo said:

Man, who could the Als hire to rebuild after they fire Reed?  Who would want the job given the way they've burned their seed corn?

Tom Higgins and Jim Barker are the only names to come to mind, and you gotta wonder what kind of baggage Higgins has in Montreal.

I think like we did, they go young.

Just looking at our team Some one like danny mac and plop. Plop is the HC with his usual hands on offense. He and mac should have some level of chemistry and familiarity. 

Target successful teams with the right mentality top down. Stamps, bombers etc. You can target the top tier of ast coaches on the rise like steinauer, or you can take the long shot former successful US coach like the cats did with jones or the als tried with sherman. 

Re hashing a guy like barker, or taman in any role is a poor move imo. 

On 2018-08-07 at 5:56 PM, Tracker said:

Fixed that for you.

Agreed, I mean other than fleecing Tillman on the Ricky Ray trade and winning one cup, what the hell has he done to warrant gettin another shot at GM?  Also, he would probably keep Willy considering he brought him to Toronto and tried to make a go of him there.