Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

22 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Kavis is worse than Mack. At least Mack found noteworthy American talent.

Kavis is a cat with 9 lives that's been in the right place at the right time over and over. 

NO freaking way he should ever have been a HC, nevermind GM. 

what is this, the government? Does job performance not matter and seniority does?

He's gotta hit the bricks for the good of the league 

Umm Mack is currently in charge of Kavis's talent finding as head of scouting.  So Reed is currently working with Mack and tied to him.

As I already mentioned ... This is a problem with private ownership.  The Als have no board of directors to be accountable to who can fire CEOs when they stink.  It is all on owner Andrew Wettenhall.  He is the one giving Reed his job.

This is why the Bombers shall never have a private owner.

39 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Umm Mack is currently in charge of Kavis's talent finding as head of scouting.  So Reed is currently working with Mack and tied to him.

As I already mentioned ... This is a problem with private ownership.  The Als have no board of directors to be accountable to who can fire CEOs when they stink.  It is all on owner Andrew Wettenhall.  He is the one giving Reed his job.

This is why the Bombers shall never have a private owner.

Ok, I gotta ask, do you have any experience working on boards, cause from what you're suggesting, I'm thinking that you don't.  And by boards, I don't mean the local parents board for little league, I'm talking about corporate or major not for profit or government.

10 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

How can it?  If it does work he’ll be back in the NFL by 2020.

I was just thinking this. It feels like a lose-lose for the Als. If Manziel does well then he’s gone in a year and a half, so they get a couple seasons of possible competitiveness and are right back where they started. 

If he doesn’t do well, then they haven’t improved. 

Even worse, can you imagine if he gets injured? Yikes. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

drew willy could use a bit of buck pierces spirit and drive. 

Try telling Matt Dunigan he had to sit because of a sore hand. He froze his shoulder which was broken to play in the 1990 Grey Cup. He was in tremendous pain the entire game. Matt Nichols the same. They are warriors. Players rally for them. Willy is a wet noodle. Shows no leadership at all. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Try telling Matt Dunigan he had to sit because of a sore hand. He froze his shoulder which was broken to play in the 1990 Grey Cup. He was in tremendous pain the entire game. Matt Nichols the same. They are warriors. Players rally for them. Willy is a wet noodle. Shows no leadership at all. 

Some guys have that burning desire to win, and some guys dont. You cant replace it, you cant install it, and it can over come giant deficits in other areas. Wade miller made him self a nice career based on that and the right passport. 

7 minutes ago, O2L said:

Remember when Nichols was our backup and Willy was our starter? Crazy to think about, and crazy how little we got Nichols for. 

What we got nichols for vs what we got for willy is insane. The mark of our management has really been shrewd deals. Weve hit and missed on vet fas, high up side young guys, but man we have crushed trades. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

1990 was the last time we won. You mean 1991

1 hour ago, O2L said:

I was just thinking this. It feels like a lose-lose for the Als. If Manziel does well then he’s gone in a year and a half, so they get a couple seasons of possible competitiveness and are right back where they started. 

If he doesn’t do well, then they haven’t improved. 

Even worse, can you imagine if he gets injured? Yikes. 

Reed should start checking the internet job sites to find another job as his day of reckoning is coming fast. I'm sure there are a few high schools in the US looking for athletic directors. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

😲 Sweet merciful crap! sacre bleu!!!!!!!

1 im shocked chris williams is going back to hamilton. 2 I am further shocked that ham didnt get back a back up qb. masoli gets hurt and their season is toast. 3 i am still a lil stunned they traded him with in their division to the team with the most struggles. 4 if manziel doesnt work out the als future is spent. two first rounders??? 5. washington has been a starter and rice their back up ol in hamm. 

This is a move of desperation by the als. But they still have two very talented wrs, a quickly improved OL and an actual qb. If manziel isnt ready though, the als will be shot for a few years minimum. 

I was reading on 3DN that Landon Rice's stock on the Ti Cats has really fallen. He got beat out as a starting guard by a rookie that Hamilton selected this year's Draft. From the article, he is barely back up material.  To deal a first round pick that soon just shows how little the Cats think of Rice. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was reading on 3DN that Landon Rice's stock on the Ti Cats has really fallen. He got beat out as a starting guard by a rookie that Hamilton selected this year's Draft. From the article, he is barely back up material.  To deal a first round pick that soon just shows how little the Cats think of Rice. 

Rice was an undrafted free agent  in 2013.  Who are you thinking of?