Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

What we got nichols for vs what we got for willy is insane. The mark of our management has really been shrewd deals. Weve hit and missed on vet fas, high up side young guys, but man we have crushed trades. 

We gave up Jade Etienne to get Willy so basically got him for nothing. We got a first rounder in 2017 (Faith Ekakitie) TJ Heath and a third rounder in 2018 (Peterman) from Toronto.  So right now we have Peterman for Willy. Still a good trade.

22 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

We gave up Jade Etienne to get Willy so basically got him for nothing. We got a first rounder in 2017 (Faith Ekakitie) TJ Heath and a third rounder in 2018 (Peterman) from Toronto.  So right now we have Peterman for Willy. Still a good trade.

And Heath gave us two solid years. 

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

As a passionate HTC fan I should probably be more enthusiastic.  But Masoli and June Jones sap my optimism. But fact of the matter is HAM made out like bandits in this. Maybe an epic fleecing for the ages.

Reaping the benefits long after Johnny Football leaves Canada.  Let’s be real, if he’s even an average starting QB the next season and 2/3’s he’s getting a NFL look.

This is a total desperation to sell tickets move.

Hope Manziel can play well, get some life into the Montreal team on the field,  and bring people to Montreal and a few other stadiums.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Americans come up to watch Johnny. 

Edited by Mark F

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Try telling Matt Dunigan he had to sit because of a sore hand. He froze his shoulder which was broken to play in the 1990 Grey Cup. He was in tremendous pain the entire game. Matt Nichols the same. They are warriors. Players rally for them. Willy is a wet noodle. Shows no leadership at all. 

Yeah I saw that too and was thinking the same thing.  Even if Willy did in fact injure his hand, he practically seemed relieved about it.  I expect better from a veteran supposed to be leader QB and his quit spirit more than anything are why the Als need to make sure this Manziel trade is a permanent move on from him.

Schiltz may have been in over his head, but at least he kept trying despite all that abuse he was taking from CGY's defense.  Manziel too at least brings a lot more spirit to the Als lineup.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Hope Manziel can play well, get some life into the Montreal team on the field,  and bring people to Montreal and a few other stadiums.

I wouldn't be surprised if some Americans come up to watch Johnny. 

average person in Montreal: "Johnny who?  Does he play right wing?"

1 minute ago, trueBlue83 said:

might even think Johnny Football is a "footballer" coming in for the Impact of MLS!

Too true.  When I was in Montreal last year and walking around in the old town with all of the souvenir shops, I could find Canadiens gear and Impact Gear (even Expos gear!) but not one Alouette souvenir anywhere.  I assume the same thing occurs in Toronto too with the Argos.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Reaping the benefits long after Johnny Football leaves Canada.  Let’s be real, if he’s even an average starting QB the next season and 2/3’s he’s getting a NFL look.

This is a total desperation to sell tickets move.

Its something HAM, TOR or BC would have done in the pre cap days. MTL threw team building out the window. Good luck finding someone of quality to take over once Kavis is gone

6 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Tell me about Jammal Westerman.

Great at reading the snap count to get a jump but goes offside a lot trying to anticipate. Has lost a step or two and takes some extremely stupid roughness penalties but still without a doubt the best National passrusher around. By all accounts great teammate and great with fans too. 

Just now, B-F-F-C said:

He can’t be too happy though. He chose to go to the Als so he can play in front of family. 

He probably (stupidly) expected them to be at least competitive, though. Not many people hate being traded from the worst team in any league. 

7 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

He probably (stupidly) expected them to be at least competitive, though. Not many people hate being traded from the worst team in any league. 

True but the monies the same except for play off cheque. But you can’t put a value on playing in your home town with your family in the stands. Plus he’ll now be living away from his family for the next 4 months