Als About To Drop Willy & Matthews? Manziel Now An Al

3 minutes ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Granted there are other parts to the deal, but 2 first round picks and a Canadian starter for a QB that hasn't played a down yet is beyond lunacy.

two first round picks that you would expect to be very high, a canadian starter, for a burned out but young NFL former top pick qb, and two starting ol, one canadian for the als. This is the craziest trade since we sent willy to TO. 

the als play thursday against edmonton. I cant think that they will toss manziel to the wolves that soon. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Imo williams would easily start on our team and probably westerman as well. Jeffcoat and ogogpogo are better but not enough to make up the passport. 

He is probably better than bowman but that’s not saying much. He did nothing for BC last year either. 

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

Thats what I'm saying.  They went ahead and traded those draft picks because the O-linemen were included in this deal.  I'm saying those picks would have been spent on OL as well.  So possibly they didn't mortgage off their future as much as people think.

From now till maybe a year after the second pick its a good move for the als. But reportedly these are supposed to be deep drafts. And the als could have high picks. Rice is a good player a bit better then neuf imo. But that + a starting but sub elite imp for two top picks is a crazy gamble.

But then if it doesnt work out no one in montreal now will be around to clean it up any way. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

two first round picks that you would expect to be very high, a canadian starter, for a burned out but young NFL former top pick qb, and two starting ol, one canadian for the als. This is the craziest trade since we sent willy to TO. 

the als play thursday against edmonton. I cant think that they will toss manziel to the wolves that soon. 

You'd think not. But it's Montreal so...

In all seriousness I hope Manziel does well. It helps him personally if he does well, and it also helps the league too significantly. It has already helped the league and he hasn't played a down.

Unfortunately given the state of the Montreal roster, I can't help but feel this is career suicide for him.

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

He is probably better than bowman but that’s not saying much. He did nothing for BC last year either. 

No but bc has suffered from awful OCs and Qbing the last year and a half or so. Similar with a few of the wrs in mtl. Id take BJ, jackson or williams in a heart beat over bowman. 

Just now, Mr. Perfect said:

You'd think not. But it's Montreal so...

In all seriousness I hope Manziel does well. It helps him personally if he does well, and it also helps the league too significantly. It has already helped the league and he hasn't played a down.

Unfortunately given the state of the Montreal roster, I can't help but feel this is career suicide for him.

Yeah montreal is an important market for talent development league wide. 

Its either gonna be crazy good or crazy bad. I dont think they have the coaching in place to get it done. but they could make some noise. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No but bc has suffered from awful OCs and Qbing the last year and a half or so. Similar with a few of the wrs in mtl. Id take BJ, jackson or williams in a heart beat over bowman. 

Cunningham, Jackson and Eugene Lewis, sure. Williams meh. They are totally different receivers and Williams was never really anything than a stretch the field boom or bust guy even at his peak. 

I do believe Andrew Wettenhall sucking on ticket sales did play a role in this move.  He did have to do something to get his TV ratings and fan interest back.

I still think it's funny that the media social media is blowing up with shock.  How is this even shocking?   Was MTL just supposed to keep using QB bust machines in Willy and Matthews?  Hail Mary had to be done.

5 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Cunningham, Jackson and Eugene Lewis, sure. Williams meh. They are totally different receivers and Williams was never really anything than a stretch the field boom or bust guy even at his peak. 

Williams was a guy who could break any play into a score. Putting a guy like that in space making easy catches with our hard nosed down field blocking can be deadily. 

3 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

I do believe Andrew Wettenhall sucking on ticket sales did play a role in this move.  He did have to do something to get his TV ratings and fan interest back.

I still think it's funny that the media social media is blowing up with shock.  How is this even shocking?   Was MTL just supposed to keep using QB bust machines in Willy and Matthews?  Hail Mary had to be done.

when ever a trade goes down in the cfl that involves this many starters its a big shock. 

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Bombers should sign Ryan Leaf, probably could get Henoc for him in September.

Cmon now, leaf has a lucrative job now and actually gives pretty good public speeches. Now jamarcus russell... 

Moral of the story is, in the modern CFL you can never under estimate what a desperate team will do for a qb with a prayer of being good. 

Now lets trade one of our qbs for half a roster. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Cmon now, leaf has a lucrative job now and actually gives pretty good public speeches. Now jamarcus russell... 

Moral of the story is, in the modern CFL you can never under estimate what a desperate team will do for a qb with a prayer of being good. 

Now lets trade one of our qbs for half a roster. 

Bryan Bennett for half the Ti-Cat roster if Masoli gets hurt.

Just now, do or die said:

Montreal does not have a first rounder till 2022?

The league should really look at rules limiting teams ability to dump first round picks in consecutive years. like the nba has. its not that the first round picks have such a great ROI, but that it hurts the value of the draft and helps create long term NI talent problems in bad teams. 

“I think [Manziel] would be the best player to ever play up here,” Jones told the CFL’s in-house podcast The Waggle. “He can throw it and he can run it like nobody has ever been able to do.”

Spend 5 years chasing the guy - then you trade him before he plays a regular season down.    Pretty good return though.  Als are taking a boom or bust on this one

Kavis is worse than Mack. At least Mack found noteworthy American talent.

Kavis is a cat with 9 lives that's been in the right place at the right time over and over. 

NO freaking way he should ever have been a HC, nevermind GM. 

what is this, the government? Does job performance not matter and seniority does?

He's gotta hit the bricks for the good of the league 

Edited by Dr Zaius

Kavis is worse then Taman. At least Taman traded picks for proven vets. Tony Washington is a good pick up but those first round picks should of not been included in this trade. Terribly one sided. Montreal should of had at least one more proven starter included.

Hamilton is rolling with Masoli but for that offer I definitely risk giving up the backup QB. I'm sure they can get Bridge for a CB from Riderville.