Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Well I for one was hoping it would be Thompkins who got the reps when Bowman was dealt. Felt he showed some good things in the pre-season including the penalty he took on the block coming back to the line. Yeah it's a penalty, but you know a guy who is willing to do that is not going to slack off when he gets a chance. 

To be honest... I think this play is the reason they kept him over Ruben Randle... I thought they were fairly even in TC and PS... but Thompkins showed hustle and willingness to do everything... not just catch the ball...

I'm sure he learned his lesson and understands that's a penalty now...

In the past I never liked when we would hit a bye week, always wanted to keep watching the Bombers play every week. But this year is different to me somehow, the team looks strong and I think is fairly healthy.  I'm hoping a break and some rest this coming weekend helps them even more going forward.

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

In the past I never liked when we would hit a bye week, always wanted to keep watching the Bombers play every week. But this year is different to me somehow, the team looks strong and I think is fairly healthy.  I'm hoping a break and some rest this coming weekend helps them even more going forward.

We have always seemed to come out a bit flat after bye weeks under this regime. I dont think that will be the case this time with added leadership and the upstanding defensive personnel. Would love to see fenner come back after the bye week. 

53 minutes ago, Floyd said:

So what would you do with Fenner once he's back?  Honest question

I hope we keep MO at sam. Move fenner to half. So fenner, and alexander start at half. Randle n fogg at corner. Then Id DI one of cooper and sayles. For my money cooper is more steady and sayles makes more big playes. Id roll with the hot hand and let them fight each week for that DI spot. Id probably lean towards sayles in the spot right now. 

Another option would be to adjust the ratio to start a nuck else where (wr/dl), put mo back at S (he had a whole bunch of plays where he was the deepest man against toronto with loffler under him) keep feener at sam and play both sayles and cooper as starters. Wouldnt be easy, especially if corney is still out and with how thompkins played. Then loffler would rotate in at Lber. 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Wow, MBT starting for Toronto...  

Yeah I'm a bit shocked they cut Franklin's rope that short.  I get that he had a rough two weeks and all, but I really think you gotta show a little more patience with a young guy.  Not to mention his OL is in some rough shape without Van Zyl and I really think Toronto just needs to add some more weapons to their arsenal.  SJ Green is getting old and Wilder can't do it all himself.

11 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

Yeah I'm a bit shocked they cut Franklin's rope that short.  I get that he had a rough two weeks and all, but I really think you gotta show a little more patience with a young guy.  Not to mention his OL is in some rough shape without Van Zyl and I really think Toronto just needs to add some more weapons to their arsenal.  SJ Green is getting old and Wilder can't do it all himself.

Just one mans take but I feel like Trestman like bethel Thompson more from the start. Outside pressure to start Franklin. Of course that’s just speculation but It doesn’t seem too far fetched

10 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Cue the Franklin trade to the Riders

yep time to ship bridge, a pick and DB Duron Carter to the argos. 

17 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Just one mans take but I feel like Trestman like bethel Thompson more from the start. Outside pressure to start Franklin. Of course that’s just speculation but It doesn’t seem too far fetched

Idk if any coach in the league has more leverage on his team then trestman. DD as much, but I dont think any one else even has that. 

Its gonna be really interesting to see what our old boy MBT does, but to be honest my expectations are low. I feel like he is the tony ortiz, TC/mini camp / pre season guy who flashes all the brilliance but lacks the experience to be able to do it in real fire situations with any consistency. 

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Franklin will be back sooner than later. Rider fans still want him. They seem to think the Argos would want Bridge. 

I dont think bridge is the trestman type of guy, but I think in any trade of franklin trestman and the Gos get a QB back. 

I want to say harris will be a FA at the end of this year, and collaros could easily be on the trade block. Perhaps the argos go after either of them. I could see them trying for jonathon jennings as well. I think they guy he would want the most and who fits his system the most out side of MR and  BLM, is nichols. 

5 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

yep time to ship bridge, a pick and DB Duron Carter to the argos. 

Idk if any coach in the league has more leverage on his team then trestman. DD as much, but I dont think any one else even has that. 

Its gonna be really interesting to see what our old boy MBT does, but to be honest my expectations are low. I feel like he is the tony ortiz, TC/mini camp / pre season guy who flashes all the brilliance but lacks the experience to be able to do it in real fire situations with any consistency. 

I dont think bridge is the trestman type of guy, but I think in any trade of franklin trestman and the Gos get a QB back. 

I want to say harris will be a FA at the end of this year, and collaros could easily be on the trade block. Perhaps the argos go after either of them. I could see them trying for jonathon jennings as well. I think they guy he would want the most and who fits his system the most out side of MR and  BLM, is nichols. 

I just can't see Walters or MOS letting Nichols go in a trade. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's crazy. Jones is a lunatic. That means Collaros is buh bye. Popp can't be that stupid.

We don't even know if Franklin is done in TO yet.  Perhaps Trestman just wanted to see if MBT brought anything to the table like the Als were seeing with Adams this last game.  My guess is he'll be starting at least one more game in Toronto because as I said, I really think the Argos problem is their OL right now is just about as bad as MTLs and they lack efficient weapons.  I just don't see MBT making much difference really, but who knows.  Ottawa's defense just might crap the bed this week.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just can't see Walters or MOS letting him Nichols go in a trade. 

No i cant see us moving nichols this year under any real circumstance, or any way toronto would get him. Im just noting that I think he would be the best fit with trestman in the league. More then reilly even, comparable to BLM. 

I think the realistic guys are jennings, and collaros mid season and maybe harris off season. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

No i cant see us moving nichols this year under any real circumstance, or any way toronto would get him. Im just noting that I think he would be the best fit with trestman in the league. More then reilly even, comparable to BLM. 

I think the realistic guys are jennings, and collaros mid season and maybe harris off season

But who would the Redblacks think they're replacing him with?