Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Leggett hasn't practiced very much at all. I don't think he will be playing.

Yep just the one day of light practise so far. 

48 minutes ago, tracker said:

I seem to recall that yesterday O'Shea said that Leggett would not dress against the Esks. The way he phrased it, it sounded that Leggett was day-to-day.

With this franchise day to day could be any where from one day to life. 

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I assume if our D falters out of the gate, i.e., 2-3 games in, Richie Hall will be shown the door? 

I think nichols buys every one time. Worst case scenario He would get axed around ldc/bjb imo. But I dont think it happens. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I wonder if Ryan Dinwiddie is the first "straight-from-college" QB in CFL history to start a Grey Cup game? 

....I really don't want to know the answer.

giphy.gif

Dinwiddie completed University in 2003, was with the Bears in 04 and 05, signed with with the Bombers in 2006, then started his first start in the Grey Cup of 2007.

To me, the phrase "straight from college" doesn't take 4 years.

5 minutes ago, ALuCsRED said:

Dinwiddie completed University in 2003, was with the Bears in 04 and 05, signed with with the Bombers in 2006, then started his first start in the Grey Cup of 2007.

To me, the phrase "straight from college" doesn't take 4 years.

Wait.  Ryan Dinwiddie was with an NFL team for 2 years? Granted, it's the Bears but..  wow.  water boy I'm guessing?  maybe towel jockey?

7 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Wait.  Ryan Dinwiddie was with an NFL team for 2 years? Granted, it's the Bears but..  wow.  water boy I'm guessing?  maybe towel jockey?

Hold a clip board, so long as that doesnt get in the way of you getting the real players coffee... type of job. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Busy few days for trades.

Here's the back-end of the deal, not much for a dominant D.E.

TORONTO — The BC Lions have officially acquired defensive end Shawn Lemon from the Toronto Argonauts, the teams announced Tuesday morning, in exchange for a player on the club’s negotiation list.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/07/24/bombers-add-two-roster-4/

WINNIPEG, MB., July 24, 2018 –   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed national linebacker Frédéric Plesius to the active roster, and international receiver Brisly Estime to the practice roster

Plesius (6’1, 245, Laval University, February 10, 1988 in Laval, QC.) has spent five seasons in the CFL, playing in a combined 73 games for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Montreal Alouettes, making 90 total tackles, one sack and one interception. In 2016, Plesius recorded 26 total tackles, including 23 tackles on special teams. Plesius spent his four-year college career with the Laval Rouge et Or, recording 123.5 tackles and winning two Vanier Cup Championships.

Estime (5’9, 185, Syracuse University, December, 1992 in Delray Beach, FL.) played four seasons with the Syracuse Orange, catching 103 passes for 1,208 yards and 7 touchdowns. Estime is the ACC record-holder with a career average of 18 yards per punt return. In 2017, Estime signed with the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent.