Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Especially if LaPo is loading up the running attack to surprise the Esks, Streveler is more LeFevour, Ross is more Nichols.

Either guy makes me nervous....Looks like a coin-flip and cross everything....fingers ...eyes...toes..I only hope we leave whoever starts in for awhile and don't pull on the leash too quick....Whoever follows him up might be on a shorter one...What a predicament ...No choice but to work around it and hope the D comes up BIG(HILL)

27 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Radio was definitely effective marketing in 1995.

that must be why cjob still has the exact same radio adds from back in 95. ab a l o n aaabbbaalooon.

22 minutes ago, do or die said:

This could also change week to week, if desired results are not there.....

I think we will see some quick changes mid game. streveler with an option package. If we use him as our short yardage option too we could pull out some trick plays. I think we end up with an active 2qb system. 

11 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming

Positive signs on the #Bombers injury front. Three players Mike O’Shea described as either out longer-term or they’re being cautious with — Ian Wild, Kienan LaFrance, and Moe Leggett — are all practicing in some capacity today. Jermarcus Hardrick is also back.

All great news. Wild as a full time teams guy could be a big help, and if Mo can get back to his MOP form our D goes up to maybe the best in the league. 

If Ross is the starter then this would be one hell of a surprise. Streveler has gotten all of the first team reps and the occasional second team ones. Ross has had all second string work. 

All I can say is that I'm excited. I don't think Streveler would have been my choice, but this is going to be a wild ride. He is going to have a bunch of splash plays - both positive and negative. 

Edited by Captain Blue

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 32m32 minutes ago

#Bombers QB Chris Streveler looks to be the man. Alex Ross running with the 2s. Looking like Winnipeg will be the first @CFL team to start a straight-out-of-college rookie quarterback in Week 1 since... Anthony Calvillo in 1994 for the Las Vegas Posse.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Except Calvillo's first year in Vegas was:

154 / 348 for 44.3% completion percentage, 2,582 yards, 13 TDs, 15 ints and a 64.4 passer rating.

Took Calvillo some time to get to elite in the league.

We're patient.😉

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

154 / 348 for 44.3% completion percentage, 2,582 yards, 13 TDs, 15 ints and a 64.4 passer rating.

I think ill that that this year if he turns into another Calvillo :)

36 minutes ago, Rich said:

It would be interesting to see how the league has progressed since then. Especially now with most NCAA offenses featuring much more CFL-friendly offenses, that would seem to at least give these new QBs more of a shot at earlier success.

I'm not expecting much from Streveler, I just don't think the comparison to Calvillo is relevant. Its a fun footnote though.