Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion

BigBlue

Finishing up a few more things from camp today (saw almost all of it except the first 3 minutes of drills):

Streveler was much more comfortable as practice progressed. They finished the practice with 10 minutes of scrimmage drills. Streveler started and got about the first 3-4 minutes, then gave way to Ross for a few minutes. Bennett got one throw and then Streveler finished the rest of the drill, probably another 4ish minutes. 

Streveler had a really ugly screen throw to Dressler that went straight to the ground early on. The rest was mostly positive. Had a really nice ball to Bowman on a comeback route that he put low and away from the DB. Another play he went over the middle for Dressler, and he put the ball nicely ahead of Dressler and away from the diving defender. A few check downs and short throws. One play where he scrambled but if the DL was allowed to hit he would have been clobbered.

I would expect that we will use him creatively in the run game as well, so that should take some pressure off. 

First game of the year....at home....playing against one of the top teams in the west....if not the league....hey no pressure...he should take it all in stride...…...lol.. Thing is we're about to find out how good Streveler really is....We may be pleasantly surprised.......Can't say a game like this will ruin the guy considering the circumstances...  He'll get the support he needs from a very good D..and ya just never know

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

First game of the year....at home....playing against one of the top teams in the west....if not the league....hey no pressure...he should take it all in stride...…...lol.. Thing is we're about to find out how good Streveler really is....We may be pleasantly surprised.......Can't say a game like this will ruin the guy considering the circumstances...  He'll get the support he needs from a very good D..and ya just never know

Just thinking about the 2013 thru 2015 seasons. How bad we were at almost every position especially qb.  And throwing every qb to the wolves. From Justin Goltz to Max Hall to Jason Boltus to Drew Willy to Robert Marve to Brian Brohm.  They were all doomed. What those qbs wouldn't have given to be on this team today.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Just thinking about the 2013 thru 2015 seasons. How bad we were at almost every position especially qb.  And throwing every qb to the wolves. From Justin Goltz to Max Hall to Jason Boltus to Drew Willy to Robert Marve to Brian Brohm.  They were all doomed. What those qbs wouldn't have given to be on this team today.

The defense was actually not that bad during those years, in fact, it may be better than Bomber of 2017, who were pretty terrible defensively. You are all banking on that defense not being the same this year, but I am not sold yet. I don't hold alot of optimism over what is likely to happen, but there is always a chance. It might actually be in Bombers favor that it is the first game and there will still be some rust and communication issues to work out in that high-powered Edmonton O.

Just as a little reminder, here is what Edmonton did to that defense in the last meeting. I might add that the score really flattered the Bombers who were pretty much man-handled and just made it look close in Garbage Time. If this is the team that shows up, which is my position by default, this could get embarrassing early.

8 minutes ago, TheSource said:

The defense was actually not that bad during those years, in fact, it may be better than Bomber of 2017, who were pretty terrible defensively. You are all banking on that defense not being the same this year, but I am not sold yet. I don't hold alot of optimism over what is likely to happen, but there is always a chance. It might actually be in Bombers favor that it is the first game and there will still be some rust and communication issues to work out in that high-powered Edmonton O.

Just as a little reminder, here is what Edmonton did to that defense in the last meeting. I might add that the score really flattered the Bombers who were pretty much man-handled and just made it look close in Garbage Time. If this is the team that shows up, which is my position by default, this could get embarrassing early.

No Fenner. No Bighill.