Training Camp 2018

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Rod Peterson was on AM1290 this morning.  He was asked about the Bighill pickup and whether he still predicts that the bombers will finish 5th in the West. He said it didn't change anything he still thinks Winnipeg will finish 5th because he's not a believer in Matt Nichols.  LOL...  So this guy is more of a believer in a washout like Zach Collaros over a guy who has had consistent success for 2 and half season in a row in Winnipeg and only had weapons added to his arsenal! :P

Rod Pederson needs a punch in the throat. Nichols can play. Bridge will be the starter in Sasky by week 6

18 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

Rod Pederson needs a punch in the throat. Nichols can play. Bridge will be the starter in Sasky by week 6

And he'll be riding the bench by week 9 and god only knows who the starter will be in the back half of the season.

55 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He's hands down the worst media personality in the CFL. He can't talk football rationally to save his life and he prefers to spend more time dumping on other teams and their players than anything else. He's a childish, classless, pathetic piece of **** and the Riders - and the league a whole - would be better off without him in their employ. The fact he even has a job in radio at all is pretty baffling.

From my perspective he epitomizes their fan-base accurately.

Peterson and Nye are both absolute jokes that offer nothing other than a laugh. How these two can be so biased and clueless year after year is beyond words. I have no idea why 1290 brings these braindead clowns on. I immediately turn to another station. Every year they pick the Riders to finish ahead of the Bombers no matter what the circumstance. Their entire team could simultaneously tear their ACL's and Peterson would proclaim "Were going to the Cup!". I truly hope its just schtick cause if not than its just flat out embarrassing. What the hell do they put in the water in that province??

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

He's hands down the worst media personality in the CFL. He can't talk football rationally to save his life and he prefers to spend more time dumping on other teams and their players than anything else. He's a childish, classless, pathetic piece of **** and the Riders - and the league a whole - would be better off without him in their employ. The fact he even has a job in radio at all is pretty baffling.

So you're saying he is a rider fan... that is why he's got the job he does. Rider fans love to hear people as delusional as themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

So apparently Adam Bighill couldn't convince Shayne Gauthier to give up his 44. Thoughts? Kind of a **** move IMO from a barely noticeable special teams player.

Good on Shayne.  He should be able to get something good from Bighill for it.  Think of Bighill's salary and job security compared to Gauthier's.  Whether it dinner at 529 or whatever. 

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Rod Peterson was on AM1290 this morning.  He was asked about the Bighill pickup and whether he still predicts that the bombers will finish 5th in the West. He said it didn't change anything he still thinks Winnipeg will finish 5th because he's not a believer in Matt Nichols.  LOL...  So this guy is more of a believer in a washout like Zach Collaros over a guy who has had consistent success for 2 and half season in a row in Winnipeg and only had weapons added to his arsenal! :P

Yeah, it’s kinda too bad that the moniker is already taken because A-Rod would be an apt nickname for Pedersen...

Edited by Mr Dee

17 minutes ago, MC said:

Good on Shayne.  He should be able to get something good from Bighill for it.  Think of Bighill's salary and job security compared to Gauthier's.  Whether it dinner at 529 or whatever. 

I would think Bighill offered him something in return for the number based on "convince" in the tweet. Pretty sure he didn't just try please, please, please ,please, please. And Gauthier just said no.

I was listening on 1290, and Gauthier has had the number since high school and is attached to it.   My Guess is big hill gets the number still..

I was arguing with a sask fan on reddit that was saying the same thing about nichols not being anything special and that we will not win with him.   Yet.. he had the best QB efficency rating of all qbs in the league last year but admittedly through for lesser yards. They argued that nichols was a dink and dunk QB, but really its the offence that has them make the quick reads and drop it off to harris et all if mid to long range is no there.  It has worked pretty well to this point and has save NIchols from alot of hard hits while also being productive.  Demski and Bauman can do a lot to help move the ball and hopefully Big hill can help stop the D from giving up so many yards down the field.

15 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Bighill looks like a fire hydrant, be real interesting where he lines up at the lb position.

I did not realize what a tank Bighill is. 

Good article (that he wrote), at the Bombers site about how and why he came here.

Edited by Mark F