Training Camp 2018

5 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Is anyone else wondering if Leggett plays for the Bombers this year?

Are you implying he might play for another team? If he's healthy enough to play he's way too good to not have a place for him. Or are you implying he won't be healthy enough to play or play like has has in the past?

9 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Fogg was really good year one think he was little out of place at SAM. Think he would be fine as field side HB. O'Shea also mentioned that Fenner players faster than he test. Basically is able to play to the speed of the guy he is defending it was in today's media availability.

He was great at making big plays. Picks, forced fumbles, fumble recoveries and big returns. But his coverage was very spotty as a rookie too. Ideally imo we'd have him as an extra db not a starter. 

14 hours ago, Mike said:

People getting caught up in old faces running with the starters (I am guilty of it too) should remember veterans always get the nod to start camp out ...

Fogg/Lankford concerns me a bit but let’s wait and see.

I kinda feel like lankford is the next hurl/kuale. He does flash a good play now and again but we have soo many better imp wrs on the roster right now its ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Dirty30 said:

Is anyone else wondering if Leggett plays for the Bombers this year?

I think Labour Day or Banjo Bowl is a realistic target.  Let’s be real, if he’s healthy they don’t sign Fenner AND Gaitor, plus re-signing Fogg.  They are counting on half his salary or maybe more being off the cap.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

15 hours ago, Mike said:

People getting caught up in old faces running with the starters (I am guilty of it too) should remember veterans always get the nod to start camp out ...

Fogg/Lankford concerns me a bit but let’s wait and see.

We don’t exactly have a coach who’s known for making changes or benching veteran players. 

I’d (sadly) be willing to bet that a guy like Lankford isn’t going anywhere.

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

We don’t exactly have a coach who’s known for making changes or benching veteran players. 

I would call that a 50-50 chance right now. I feel bad for Lankford, as in an interview I heard last year about this time, he came across as humble, thoughtful and grateful for the chance to play a sport he loves. That aside, his skillset is just not good enough.

26 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I don’t think Lankford is one of those players that gets the loyal treatment.  He’s a fringe player.  Flanders might be a guy that gets it at the cost of someone who could be a great player like Myles White.

5 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Ya, it really sucks that because of O'Shea's philosophy we were only 12-6 last year.

27 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Just ask

Korey Banks about that. The coach will make the moves he feels give the team he best chance to win. 

55 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Just ask

Korey Banks about that. The coach will make the moves he feels give the team he best chance to win. 

banks wasnt one of his guys though. frederick was here longer but got let go for newer dbs etc. It isnt all about tenure, though that does play a role in it. See guys like jackson jeffcoat, JSK, poop, an every ones favorite ex wr. this isnt a team where the most talented / best fits play. The most versatile guys play, and some random un seen factors apply (kuale factor)  mostly most does seem to come around to the best players though. 

11 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

June 1st is the first pre-season game...I think he ment he has earned some big playing time in that game to prove himself

oh ok, fair enough.  Most players get to play in exhibition so not sure why this is a big milestone, but ok, let's see what he can do.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think Labour Day or Banjo Bowl is a realistic target.  Let’s be real, if he’s healthy they don’t sign Fenner AND Gaitor, plus re-signing Fogg.  They are counting on half his salary or maybe more being off the cap.

Good to know. Right before rookie camp we were hearing that he was feeling 100% and playing basketball etc... I wasn’t sure if he reaggravated things or there was some sort of set back. Hearing all about the hype regarding Fenner’s attitude and versatility had me wondering if Leggett would be our surprise cut. Not saying that Fenner is a better, but similar type of player and cheaper. Achilles injuries are ones that are difficult for football and basketball players to come back from.  I like the idea of 6 gaming him right off the bat. Makes a lot of sense in so many ways. 

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Good to know. Right before rookie camp we were hearing that he was feeling 100% and playing basketball etc... I wasn’t sure if he reaggravated things or there was some sort of set back. Hearing all about the hype regarding Fenner’s attitude and versatility had me wondering if Leggett would be our surprise cut. Not saying that Fenner is a better, but similar type of player and cheaper. Achilles injuries are ones that are difficult for football and basketball players to come back from.  I like the idea of 6 gaming him right off the bat. Makes a lot of sense in so many ways. 

Since Leggett said last year that he was so taken by the different culture here, he brought his family up, he may well remain even if cut by the Bombers. He might be a good backup in case of emergency.

For all the Lankford haters MOS has been singing his praises on multiple occasions .... perhaps he has learned a thing or two ... that being said he has intense competition at both returner and wideout ... I hope the preseason will show who will really stand out for us

Couple of notes from today's practice, was able to attend:

Defense was all over the offense today. Nichols had two interceptions and should have had a third. Streveler looked pretty poor. He had an interception where the DB undercut the RB's out route. Next play he scrambled left, tried to hit a receiver but put it in the turf. Seemed slow on his progressions but obviously hard to tell. The defense sacked him on a blitz and he had another ball batted down. 

Bighill blew up Harris on one run play that scared the heck out of me. 

Kyrie Wilson was still "starting" over JSK, who dressed today. Wilson had a really nice pick, reading Nichols' eyes on the 8-on-8 drill. Dropped back into coverage and just snagged it. They put the subs in for the next play and JSK picked off Nichols immediately too. Those were Nichols' two interceptions, as mentioned above. Gaitor almost had a third later on in the red zone. 

I know almost nothing about punting but Menard-Briere had some nice punts today. Medlock still had more hang time. 

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

For all the Lankford haters MOS has been singing his praises on multiple occasions .... perhaps he has learned a thing or two ... that being said he has intense competition at both returner and wideout ... I hope the preseason will show who will really stand out for us

most sings the praises of every one he talks about, i dont think he has ever had a critical word about any player to the media.