Training Camp 2018

7 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Makes me wonder if streveler is too raw. Not a bad move. Knows the team, system, coaches etc. Great athlete very un polished and low on over all experience. Showed some flashes with the riders last year though. Or maybe mahoney is on the way out. From all reports he has sounded far behind and very raw. 

re WR depth, I looked at the numbers for a few teams a couple seasons ago ... the teams I looked at all started 4 import receivers and all needed 10-12 different guys at that position over the course of a year.

Since our plan is only to start three we maybe won't need as many but you really gotta have depth at the receiver position.  There's no way our import WRs 4 thru 8 will be full-time practice roster bodies.

Edited by johnzo

20 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Mention to Faith Ekakite who took the time to walk over to my 2 year old and give him a fist bump.  By the end of practice, my little guy was way overtired but I think he had fun.

Last year when I went out on the field after the miracle win against Montreal Faith was one of the few Bombers out on the field in full gear taking pictures with the fans.  Seems like a really good guy!  In contrast, Dan LeFevour came out of the dressing room and just walked past everyone without saying a word.

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Is anybody else concerned that Ryan Lankford has been mentioned twice as a standout in Ed Tait's TC reports?

You know what you get with Lankford. A ton of speed but lacks the route running ability to be a complete receiver Imo. Saw him win a long ball and catch a hitch. Hope he proves me wrong

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Is anybody else concerned that Ryan Lankford has been mentioned twice as a standout in Ed Tait's TC reports?

Nope.

I love it when players are mentioned in a most positive manner. Especially when their performances should elevate the play of their competitors..

Our receivers, this year, have taken turns getting the positive pen. 

It’s all good..

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Makes me wonder if streveler is too raw. Not a bad move. Knows the team, system, coaches etc. Great athlete very un polished and low on over all experience. Showed some flashes with the riders last year though. Or maybe mahoney is on the way out. From all reports he has sounded far behind and very raw. 

Hes not even signed. Just here for a look-see. If anything else, he will bump Mahoney off the roster.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

There's always guys like this that manage to inexplicably stick around the CFL...  great TC performance/early season guys... who aren't that great.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Last year when I went out on the field after the miracle win against Montreal Faith was one of the few Bombers out on the field in full gear taking pictures with the fans.  Seems like a really good guy!  In contrast, Dan LeFevour came out of the dressing room and just walked past everyone without saying a word.

I had the same experience at that game...faith and Harris went out of their way to acknowledge my 5 year old son...the real star was John Rush who talked with him for a few minutes and gave him his game worn gloves.  Lefevour completely ignored us though haha

8 minutes ago, Mark F said:
  10 hours ago, Albertabomberguy said:

Lefevour completely ignored us though haha

14 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Dan LeFevour came out of the dressing room and just walked past everyone without saying a word.

Meh, he was probably in a hurry to get home.

If you've ever seen his wife you'll know why 😲😲.

At my age I'm only talking about nostalgia here but wow.

Rod Peterson was on AM1290 this morning.  He was asked about the Bighill pickup and whether he still predicts that the bombers will finish 5th in the West. He said it didn't change anything he still thinks Winnipeg will finish 5th because he's not a believer in Matt Nichols.  LOL...  So this guy is more of a believer in a washout like Zach Collaros over a guy who has had consistent success for 2 and half season in a row in Winnipeg and only had weapons added to his arsenal! :P

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Rod Peterson was on AM1290 this morning.  He was asked about the Bighill pickup and whether he still predicts that the bombers will finish 5th in the West. He said it didn't change anything he still thinks Winnipeg will finish 5th because he's not a believer in Matt Nichols.  LOL...  So this guy is more of a believer in a washout like Zach Collaros over a guy who has had consistent success for 2 and half season in a row in Winnipeg and only had weapons added to his arsenal! :P

Soooo...you're saying he's off his meds again?

5 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I turn the radio off when 1290 has him on. And, I let them know it too. He doesn't provide any insight or value to the conversation. There are quality, thoughtful Rider reporters and he's not one of them. 

Edited by JCon

Yeah it's tough to listen to that idoit....not sure why they even bring him in for his thoughts....he is so biased and pro everything Sask....How he isn't sold on Nichols over past 2.5 years, but figures they are set with Collaros after past 2-3 years is embarrassing...And when he brings up a guy like Steele as part of a reason why their defense will be so dominant....guiy has no clue

He also raved that they are just dominant on defense because they shut down their offence totally in practice..hmm...maybe thats more a matter of their QB's being pretty pathetic?...maybe he should spin it that way

16 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm in the camp of TSN 1290 or any media outlet never bringing in Pederson. Not only is he an idiot who knows nothing about Football but he's just a classless individual (see his comments on BLM). 

They only bring him in for jokes and entertainment,   no one outside of Saskatchewan takes the guy seriously at all.

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

I turn the radio off when 1290 has him on. And, I let them know it too. He doesn't provide any insight or value to the conversation. There are quality, thoughtful Rider reporters and he's not one of them. 

He's hands down the worst media personality in the CFL. He can't talk football rationally to save his life and he prefers to spend more time dumping on other teams and their players than anything else. He's a childish, classless, pathetic piece of **** and the Riders - and the league a whole - would be better off without him in their employ. The fact he even has a job in radio at all is pretty baffling.