Training Camp 2018

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Don't know if he'll ever get another opportunity to be a HC again. 

He is a Tom Higgins type ( this is very high compliment from me, because I have a ton of respect for higgy).  Lapo doesn't have the stones to make the tough calls. Would Lapo have cut Rob Bagg today?  Lapo is great at what he does, and should stick with that.  Ironically looking at your staff, same goes for Ritchie Hall

Just now, Ripper said:

He is a Tom Higgins type ( this is very high compliment from me, because I have a ton of respect for higgy).  Lapo doesn't have the stones to make the tough calls. Would Lapo have cut Rob Bagg today?  Lapo is great at what he does, and should stick with that.  Ironically looking at your staff, same goes for Ritchie Hall

This could be Hall's last season as DC.

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

mos cant/wont make the tough veteran cuts. Who knows what lapo would do. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This could be Hall's last season as DC.

with the addition of bighill, addition by subtraction of hurl and improvements from second year guys and the crazy deep DL the defense is well positioned to carry hall. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

mos cant/wont make the tough veteran cuts. Who knows what lapo would do. 

with the addition of bighill, addition by subtraction of hurl and improvements from second year guys and the crazy deep DL the defense is well positioned to carry hall. 

Halls defense works when pressure comes from up front. The innocent bystander defence.  Wait and see what happens.  The secondary comes up with turnovers because they are all facing the qb watching the play.  When there is no pressure they get lit up

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

Halls defense works when pressure comes from up front. The innocent bystander defence.  Wait and see what happens.  The secondary comes up with turnovers because they are all facing the qb watching the play.  When there is no pressure they get lit up

Its true. They also need deep cover help and as much aid in covering seams as possible. We have the personnel to make that work now. But imo, passive defense is bad defense. (and football in general)

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Its true. They also need deep cover help and as much aid in covering seams as possible. We have the personnel to make that work now. But imo, passive defense is bad defense. (and football in general)

I always liked Ritchie Hall, but wasn't sorry to see him go

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

This is the worst case scenario, but it’s not impossible. However, with Bowman on the field, some duck and chuck to balance out the 5 yard curls and runs up the gut is a real possibility. 

Yes, either extreme is bad.

My point was that you have to mix some longer passes in with the short stuff, otherwise your opponent will just come up and shut you down.

Hopefully they mix it up and include ** some ** longer passes and attempts when coverage is tight.

16 hours ago, Ripper said:

I agree with most of what you have posted, disagree with the too-nice part describing O'Shea and Hall. Football, like other sports has a business side to it that is harsh sometimes but necessary. We have had more than one coach here who kept players past their "best before" date, and they and the team, not to mention the fans, suffered for it.