Training Camp 2018

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

A Recap of the Recaps

STANDING OUT:

We (Ed Tait) try to make a note on all those who make at least one stand-out play on each day at camp. Here’s who has earned a checkmark from bluebombers.com through the first two days…

Sunday: DT Cory Johnson, WR Darvin Adams, QB Matt Nichols, SB Nic Demski, SB Daniel Petermann, C Matthias Goossen, QB Alex Ross, DB Tyniel Cooper, CB Chris Randle

Monday: LB/DB Chandler Fenner, CB Brandon Alexander, WR Myles White, WR Weston Dressler, SB A.J. Coney, WR Tylor Henry, DE Craig Roh and DB Kevin Fogg, who had an interception on the last play of the day.

Standing out in the first two-a-day of training camp were: SB Nic Demski, WR Corey Washington, DB Anthony Gaitor, DT Drake Nevis, DT Cory Johnson, QB Alex Ross, RB Timothy Flanders, QB Matt Nichols, CB Chris Randle, WR Ryan Lankford, CB Brandon Alexander.

STANDING OUT: DB Marcus Sayles, WR Weston Dressler, S Taylor Loffler, RB Andrew Harris, WR Darvin Adams, DE Craig Roh, CB Chris Randle, WR Ryan Lankford.

Thursday’s prime-time players, from this perch, included DB Marcus Sayles – again – WR Darvin Adams, QB Matt Nichols, DE Jackson Jeffcoat, DT Cory Johnson, WR A.J. Coney, QB Alex Ross, WR Myles White, LB Adam Bighill, LB Jovan Santos-Knox.

Friday - WR Darvin Adams, QB Matt Nichols, QB Alex Ross, QB Chris Streveler, DB Tyniel Cooper, WR A.J. Coney, DB Steven Clarke, LB Quentin Gause, WR Donteea Dye, CB Brian Walker.,

Notice Darvin Adams..because he has been noticed 4 times already through camp. Same with our ‘scrub’ QB Matt Nichols and..

Alex Ross 4

A.J. Coney 3

Corey Johnson 3

CB Chris Randle

Nic Demski 2

CB Brandon Alexander 2

DB Marcus Sayles 2

WR Myles White 2

WR Weston Dressler 2

DE Craig Roh 2

Ryan Lankford 2

👁‍🗨Aw shucks... 

“I’m fortunate to be on the field with an organization like Winnipeg. I couldn’t ask for much more: the sun’s out, it’s training camp and I feel like we’ve got one of the best teams in the league.” Rashaun Simonise

👁‍🗨 The good thing about the signing of Bryan Bennett’s that he has the same initials as the Blue Bombers.

The bad thing is, so did Brian Brohm..

I think you missed Simonise a couple times there.

Fogg seems to be (still) taking 1st team reps as a db. I like the guy and at times he has been great as a punt returner but...doesn't it concern any of you that he is still in that spot? I mean, we brought in a bunch of DBs to compete. How come none of them have supplanted some of our 2017 guys yet? Am I making too much of this at this point? Thoughts??

1 minute ago, blueingreenland said:

Fogg seems to be (still) taking 1st team reps as a db. I like the guy and at times he has been great as a punt returner but...doesn't it concern any of you that he is still in that spot? I mean, we brought in a bunch of DBs to compete. How come none of them have supplanted some of our 2017 guys yet? Am I making too much of this at this point? Thoughts??

What's wrong with Fogg? He makes tons of plays.

1 minute ago, blueingreenland said:

Okay. Insert anyone's name (DB's) not named Randle. My point is the same. Where are these DBs we brought in to compete for spots on a defense that gave up a lot of yards last year? 

I think you're over simplifying the issue.

3 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

I think you missed Simonise a couple times there.

Yeah, I kinda waxed over him didn’t I? And probably others. Not on purpose though. Once you start looking at all the names, they start to blend together. I started seeing names in my head like Justin Goltz and Darian Durant..so I quit while I was ahead..

BTW...that’s not my list.

Edited by Mr Dee

5 hours ago, Y2C said:

I was around for TJ Rubley, Kevin McDugall, etc. and I think Brohm was the worst quarterback I've ever seen.

Dinwiddie had a cannon compared to that guy.

McDougall wasn't that bad.       Brohm wasn't good but no where near as bad as Jason Boltus.   In all my years I have not seen anyone nearly as bad as that guy was in his limited play time.  

4 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Okay. Insert anyone's name (DB's) not named Randle. My point is the same. Where are these DBs we brought in to compete for spots on a defense that gave up a lot of yards last year? 

Anthony Gaitor is new and has been practicing with the starters at halfback.  Also keep in mind Leggett will be returning and either him or Fenner will be taking an HB spot... likely Fogg's.

4 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I agree, its a little concerning. Whenever he was in last year as the dime guy he seemed to get picked on quite often and gave up more than his fair share of big plays. If the goal is to tighten up on the backend i dont think having Fogg start in the secondary is the answer. Unless hes really turned his game around. Hopefully someone can step up.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Anthony Gaitor is new and has been practicing with the starters at halfback.  Also keep in mind Leggett will be returning and either him or Fenner will be taking an HB spot... likely Fogg's.

Does Fenner have the speed to play in the secondary? I thought he was strictly an LB with the Lions playing in the box close to the line of scrimmage?

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Does Fenner have the speed to play in the secondary? I thought he was strictly an LB with the Lions playing in the box close to the line of scrimmage?

He played some halfback with the Lions.  The media seem to be speculating that he will play HB here but I think the plan for him is to play dime and Leggett will be playing HB.  We'll see.

6 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I think that that is Mo's spot when he comes back

6 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

I think Simonise has already virtually secured a starting spot for June 1st

LOL.  We'll see how he performs in the exhibition games - still a long way to go.  Kito Poblah was a training camp all-star too, if memory serves.

Edited by kelownabomberfan