Training Camp 2018

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

i was, but while that top tier of guys is no doubt better the depth we have now is un paralleled for this franchise. 

😁 Yeah its un real. For soo long mlber and ni wr/sb has been a real weak spot for us. Now we are relatively stacked.  

I have to go with KBF on this one. Rick House & Joe Pop starting slots. Backed up by Jerome Erdman, Randy Fabi & Kevin Neilles. That was a great group of receivers from the 1986 season. All those guys could play. Tremendous depth at Canadian receiver. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

55 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think aside from Medlock, one on a LB/DB, one on a DL and one on Flanders or a different back/receiver.  Some will depend on return game. 

Pretty much. I imagine going into camp itd look some thing like, medlock, wild, fogg, and flanders. Though we could use petermann as a returner, or one of the imp rooks instead of fogg. pressley could steal both the return man and back up imp rb job freeing up another DI spot. We could use our good young NI dbs as the rotational dime etc. We have a ton of flexibility with our DIs and a few rookies who may force their way onto the roster via DI. 

How much was wild making? thats my only concern with him. As a back up / rotational guy, leader and teams guy he is phenomenal. 

50 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I expect Medlock, Roh, a DB (Fogg as he's also a returner), and an LB (Wild if he's not a SMS casualty). I don't see the big need for Flanders now that we have LaFrance as an in game Harris replacement. If we use a DI on offence, I hope it's one of the new receivers who can also return.

I like LaFrance but he is no Timothy Flanders.  What is the stat, the Bombers were 6-2 with Flanders in the lineup last year?  He changed the offence. I wonder if we forgo the DI on the defensive line in favour of leaning on Corney and Ekakatie.  Or even at LB where we also have some good Canadian depth.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I like LaFrance but he is no Timothy Flanders.  What is the stat, the Bombers were 6-2 with Flanders in the lineup last year?  He changed the offence. I wonder if we forgo the DI on the defensive line in favour of leaning on Corney and Ekakatie.  Or even at LB where we also have some good Canadian depth.

When Flanders was out, Harris was taking far more punishment and he was less effective. IMO Lefrance should be there for depth when they have to juggle the ratio. 

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Flanders is the better back by far. I'd like to keep him around in case of an injury to Harris, but I don't see him getting on the game day roster due to the ratio. I don't think we brought Roh in to be on the PR. Corney and especially Ekakatie are rotation guys, not starters yet. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I expect Medlock, Roh, a DB (Fogg as he's also a returner), and an LB (Wild if he's not a SMS casualty). I don't see the big need for Flanders now that we have LaFrance as an in game Harris replacement. If we use a DI on offence, I hope it's one of the new receivers who can also return.

I hate the idea of losing Flanders.

but, I think the double RB set was a luxury we knew wouldn’t last and was also based off the weakness of our receiver depth last year. Hopefully, we get production out of Demski that makes the role of Flanders irrelevant.

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Flanders is the better back by far. I'd like to keep him around in case of an injury to Harris, but I don't see him getting on the game day roster due to the ratio. I don't think we brought Roh in to be on the PR. Corney and especially Ekakatie are rotation guys, not starters yet. 

There may still be a veteran cut... not sure we had cap room to sign Bighill without consequences.  Maybe one of Okpalaugo or Roh don't survive cutdown day.

In the end I guess it comes down to which spot has the best Canadian depth.  The question is the same at every spot... Can we use Thomas Miles or Jesse Briggs as the rotational LB, can we use LaFrance as a secondary RB, can we use Derek Jones as the 6th DB?  Somewhere we need a Canadian player to step up.

51 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Flanders is way too good of a player to not dress. He’ll absolutely be one of the DI’s. LaFrance isnt even close to being a Flanders replacement. 

No ones denying Flanders is better than LaFrance. The challenge is how to get him in the gameday roster. 

As Tburg said ... we don't brought in Roh to just be on the 46/PR. From yesterday's account he's starting on #1 D yesterday. At the very least, he will be a DI. unless of course we release Okpalaugo and his big $$$. 

Great emphasis was given to the secondary this off-season. And none of our Nat DB is capable of starting so a huge drop off if we sub a Nat in case of injury. Expect a DI DB (Fogg, Walker, Alexander)

Expect a DI Linebacker  also (Wild, Wilson or Gause) i think that's the norm with O'shea linebackers corps. \

And of course, Medlock. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

The only Imports on the offence are Nichols, Bryant, Hardrick, Dressler, Adams and Bowman.  Which one is Flanders supposed to replace as a D.I.?  Going with two Natl. receivers pretty much sealed Flanders fate imo, they're better off going with an extra Import receiver as the D.I. in preparation of taking over from Dressler or Bowman next year.

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The only Imports on the offence are Nichols, Bryant, Hardrick, Dressler, Adams and Bowman.  Which one is Flanders supposed to replace as a D.I.?  Going with two Natl. receivers pretty much sealed Flanders fate imo, they're better off going with an extra Import receiver as the D.I. in preparation of taking over from Dressler or Bowman next year.

Putting on my Chris Jones hat here....maybe Flanders can play DB?

2 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

No ones denying Flanders is better than LaFrance. The challenge is how to get him in the gameday roster. 

As Tburg said ... we don't brought in Roh to just be on the 46/PR. From yesterday's account he's starting on #1 D yesterday. At the very least, he will be a DI. unless of course we release Okpalaugo and his big $$$.  Great emphasis was given to the secondary this off-season. And none of our Nat DB is capable of starting so a huge drop off if we sub a Nat in case of injury. Expect a DI DB (Fogg, Walker, Alexander)

Expect a DI Linebacker  also (Wild, Wilson or Gause) i think that's the norm with O'shea linebackers corps. And of course, Medlock. 

I think that Okpalaugo is going to be a heckuva lot better than Roh to be kept around. Could be trade bait?

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I wouldnt look too hard at flanders  "record". He was on the roster for 10 games last year. He had 4 games with more then 20 yards rushing, and 5 with more then 20 yards receiving. 254 rushing for the year 1 rushing td, 206 receiving with 3 tds through the air. Flanders is a real good football player. He could easily be a starter in the league for a few teams. 

It isnt worth while to use a DI as a fake out, and we havent used flanders enough for a DI. Need more useage out of him or the position. Who would we take off as an imp to get him on the field now though? We had holes at wr last year we filled with flanders. talent and experience wise we dont have that now. 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

As Tburg said ... we don't brought in Roh to just be on the 46/PR. From yesterday's account he's starting on #1 D yesterday. At the very least, he will be a DI. unless of course we release Okpalaugo and his big $$$. 

Great emphasis was given to the secondary this off-season. And none of our Nat DB is capable of starting so a huge drop off if we sub a Nat in case of injury. Expect a DI DB (Fogg, Walker, Alexander)

Expect a DI Linebacker  also (Wild, Wilson or Gause) i think that's the norm with O'shea linebackers corps. \

And of course, Medlock. 

I think roh is gonna win that spot.

Actually we do have some very good NI db talent, we just dont have them lined up well. we dont have one who can start and another who can back em up at the same position. 

I dont think we will carry a DI DL very long, not with corney. 

Okpalaugo had 1 good game last year, other than that he was mostly invisible. Take away his big game and he had 3 sacks. Thats Greg Peach level. I think Roh is a lock for that spot and Okpalaugo gets released. He's just making too much for his production.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti