Training Camp 2018

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Bombers should contact him, convince him to come back then withdraw the offer and sue him for that signing bonus

Kinda wish the Bombers didn't say they aren't exploring that option at this time. Would have liked to get a direct quote from Durant saying he's interested and the Bombers to emphatically reject it. As a bonus, perhaps then we would have more of a legal case as it would be Durant saying he would come back.

Well i hate to be Mr negative but i dont see how with our current backups we can go 2-2.even with a great defense. One guy has never seen a regular season game even as a starter. I have seen way too many past horror stories with QBs green to the CFL...IF Nichols only misses 4 games we will be hard pressed to go 1- 3 probably 0-4 with these guys...this is a QB driven league. Hopefully we can come back somewhere down the road...but man we ethier have no luck or bad luck.😕😔

12 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I don’t know, it’s very MOS to have the guy with experience get the first real crack, even if he’s shown to be worse. 

Meh, of the 4 practices I have seen so far Ross has been the better of the two every time.

If Ross plays horribly again then I don't think you can start him. But if the sum of their 2 preseason games puts Ross and Streveler close, I can't fault him for choosing Ross. 

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

davis 17/22  first half

td pass/ one int

play by play guys praising davis.

definitely prefer our radio team to that of Ottawa.

our radio team spoils the crap outta us. Seriously. Doug, tait, and bob are the class of the league. A few other teams have a guy that caliber. None have 3. 

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

Well i hate to be Mr negative but i dont see how with our current backups we can go 2-2.even with a great defense. One guy has never seen a regular season game even as a starter. I have seen way too many past horror stories with QBs green to the CFL...IF Nichols only misses 4 games we will be hard pressed to go 1- 3 probably 0-4 with these guys...this is a QB driven league. Hopefully we can come back somewhere down the road...but man we ethier have no luck or bad luck.😕😔

Weve seen great Ds carry meh offense through the regular season before. Edm, MTL, ham, and bc. Bc isnt significantly better then last year. Ham is improved but still a mid tier eastern team. Montreal...LOL. If we get semi competent QBing, and the D plays as good as they look and seem we can easily go 3-1. Ball control + ball protection. 

The three games after that are bc, tor and tor. After that its ham and ott. If we lose one to bc, once to TO and once to edm and beat the teams we should be able to beat on D alone we can be 6-4 (calgary before LDC) going into LD. 

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

This team was nothing without Nichols last year.  As has already been said, this is a QB driven league.  If the passing game isn't much of a threat, teams will scheme to shut down the running game - it won't matter who's back there. 

So I hope we see a great passing game tomorrow from our QB's........An hopefully all the great receivers show up and help.

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

This team was nothing without Nichols last year.  As has already been said, this is a QB driven league.  If the passing game isn't much of a threat, teams will scheme to shut down the running game - it won't matter who's back there. 

The OL was mashed, still had hurl, bend but dont break no deep saftey play off spot locked up etc etc etc + the fever not the same team or situation.