Training Camp 2018

45 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

#Bombers are not trading for Adams, and have not yet explored other options at QB. Will wait to see full extent of Nichols injury before making any moves. #wfp

If Nichols is out for the season and they know it, this is not a game of musical chairs the Bombers can afford to show up late for.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If Nichols is out for the season and they know it, this is not a game of musical chairs the Bombers can afford to show up late for.

True enough. The west will be hard to climb back into the mix if any team falls too far behind early.  Is there word on when his condition will be known? 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I would be totally fine with Willy, except that I fully expect he'll be the Montreal starter so not likely to be available.

I would too except it's Kavis running the show over there so anything is possible.

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Apparently they will not announce anything until Monday afternoon.

Most likely exploring all angles....Maybe the injury isn't season ending and we just need a 'gap guy' for now...Best not let another club know how desperate we are (if we are) and set something up this weekend...If it's only a stop gap measure then deal accordingly

But wouldn't it be great to find out we have another star in this league...namely Streveler...I always try to look at the bright side during adversity...and wouldn't it be great if we find out we have another Riley under our nose

Edited by Stickem

13 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Most likely exploring all angles....Maybe the injury isn't season ending and we just need a 'gap guy' for now...Best not let another club know how desperate we are (if we are) and set something up this weekend...If it's only a stop gap measure then deal accordingly

But wouldn't it be great to find out we have another star in this league...namely Streveler...I always try to look at the bright side during adversity...and wouldn't it be great if we find out we have another Riley under our nose

Sure but it took Reilly 5 years of grinding before he achieved success.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Fair enough but a lot of that has to do with opportunity. Most teams don’t give young QBs a chance unless they have no choice. I’m not saying that Steveler will be a star and instantly succeed but he’s easily the most talented QB prospect we’ve had in years and this is arguably the best offence this team has seen since the early 00s. 

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Don't remember it being 5 years...He came up the leos ranks quite rapidly as I recall and then was deemed too good to sit as a back-up and dealt to the schmoes..In any case Nichols isn't going anywhere soon and the next guy will rise....Let's hope we have him in our midst now

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

Must be a strain instead of a tear.

Could be a meniscus injury - a tear severe enough that it requires surgery.  At this point, we're not going to know anything more than it's a knee injury but all things considered .. we dodged a bit of a bullet.

Really wish we had a bye in there. As it stand now, if he misses six weeks from today, that’s a full six games including two against the lions which could give them a tiebreaker. Luckily, three of the other games are eastern opponents, and no other doubles. If we’re going with who we have in-house, I say let the young kid with the upside run with it and don’t yank him. Give him immense game reps and regardless of our record when Nichols returns, Streveler will be in a good position to back him up down the line. 

8 minutes ago, lyin' guy said:

I mean if he’s out 4-6 weeks that’s a whole lot better than the season, considering the speculation. 

Yeah i agree..  I was just commenting on how the poster had said at least 4-6 weeks.  I'm not sure who had said "at least".,