Training Camp 2018

1 minute ago, do or die said:

Asking a lot of this QB stable, for at least the first 4 games.    Gut check.   If one of the backups does not step up, could be an ugly start to the season  

But in a league where 3/4s of the teams make the playoffs .. it's not the death knell some make it out to be.  Just have to weather the storm then play .500 down the stretch and you're still in contention.

1 minute ago, voodoochylde said:

But in a league where 3/4s of the teams make the playoffs .. it's not the death knell some make it out to be.  Just have to weather the storm then play .500 down the stretch and you're still in contention.

And/or D steps up and allows QB to manage the game , i.e., 10-3, 14-7 type wins.

2 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

Could be a meniscus injury - a tear severe enough that it requires surgery.  At this point, we're not going to know anything more than it's a knee injury but all things considered .. we dodged a bit of a bullet.

A medial meniscus tear is also called a "plant and pivot" injury and can occur  from what seemed to be an innocuous step- I've had one myself. The prognosis is generally favourable and is often treated with laproscopic procedures. The knee is okay and then suddenly a lance of pain followed by weakness.

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

A medial meniscus tear is also called a "plant and pivot" injury and can occur  from what seemed to be an innocuous step- I've had one myself. The prognosis is generally favourable and is often treated with laproscopic procedures. The knee is okay and then suddenly a lance of pain followed by weakness.

+1

Know this from experience myself.  Likely won't know (definitively) what the injury was until after the season.

Just waded through 6 pages of crazy trade discussions.  Even if it is longer than expected and none of the in-house options pan out, I hope the Bombers do not trade for a QB in-season.  The cost is insane.  Remember what Barker paid us for Willy?  Also, the ransom that someone (Montreal?) paid for Adams. 

Any of the high profile QB trades that did not require a king's ransom were in the offseason - usually right before the draft, when a GM is lathered up to take a certain prospect..

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Well at least with Strevelers arm we can at least chuck and pray and let our receivers fight for the ball. It's much better then years past when noodle arm guys skilled balls in the dirt.

Better yet we can run some spread option stuff and have him dump off short passes to our play making import wrs. With our D, and a strong ball control offense with a heavy dose of harris and streveler running option stuff we can manufacture wins. 

Thats why Im not overly worried. We have the pieces to carry to team for now. Time to pound the rock. Inside zone read, out side zone read, shovel option, plops favorite jet sweep. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Unless something happens on cut down day, and with the good news regarding Nichols, I wouldn’t expect any kind of signing regarding a veteran QB.

Things will proceed as before the injury. They will still look around, but now, not in desperation.

Yeah I dont think any one worth bringing in so far as vets will be cut. Maybe we trade for vernon adams though. 

22 minutes ago, MC said:

Just waded through 6 pages of crazy trade discussions.  Even if it is longer than expected and none of the in-house options pan out, I hope the Bombers do not trade for a QB in-season.  The cost is insane.  Remember what Barker paid us for Willy?  Also, the ransom that someone (Montreal?) paid for Adams. 

Any of the high profile QB trades that did not require a king's ransom were in the offseason - usually right before the draft, when a GM is lathered up to take a certain prospect..

Have to keep in mind barker and reed are the biggest dopes in cfl front office history. Both have been nothing but a comedy of errors.

Id do one of our firsts next year for adams. Maybe condition pick if he starts or is on the roster next year they get more etc. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nope. Edmonton or Montreal. Think they like Streveler and he will surprise. 

I dont think itll be back to montreal. Edm has KG backing up too. I agree about streveler. I dont think they are in a panic at all. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Just lean on #33 for the first part of the season.

At this point it doesnt even look like it has to be just harris. Flanders, agustin, lafrance when healthy demski can run the ball some. But lot of running is what the dr ordered.