Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

How is that his problem? Its the owners problem. 

30 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The CFL is a business. When one aspect is failing it hurts the business as a whole.

Exactly. He represents the business interests of the league. It's not a zero-sum game. Improving the Argo brand also improves the league.

36 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

The CFL is a business. When one aspect is failing it hurts the business as a whole.

Yes but its not on the commissioner to fix attendance in specific markets.  He can support the Argos but they need to solve this problem themselves.  It's no more the commissioner's responsibility than the poor attendance in BC is.

19 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yes but its not on the commissioner to fix attendance in specific markets.  He can support the Argos but they need to solve this problem themselves.  It's no more the commissioner's responsibility than the poor attendance in BC is.

His job is to improve the brand (business). Making a healthier TO market will do that. I'm sure he doesn't think it's his job to do the day to day of improving it. But it certainly should be his responsibility to make sure things are moving in the right direction for that franchise, along with every other franchise.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

His job is to improve the brand (business). Making a healthier TO market will do that. I'm sure he doesn't think it's his job to do the day to day of improving it. But it certainly should be his responsibility to make sure things are moving in the right direction for that franchise, along with every other franchise.

The commissioner will not fix the problems in Toronto.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The commissioner will not fix the problems in Toronto.

I feel like we are going in circles. He is in the Top position of the CFL. Every CEO every President, etc etc (good ones anyway) will get involved in some capacity (not doing everything) when a certain aspect of their company is failing. This isn't rocket science, it's good business. You're right, he's not going fix things himself. However, he should still be very much involved in the planning/implementation etc etc of the process to turn things around. He's not going to do it himself. But he will be involved. As he should be.

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

I feel like we are going in circles. He is in the Top position of the CFL. Every CEO every President, etc etc (good ones anyway) will get involved in some capacity (not doing everything) when a certain aspect of their company is failing. This isn't rocket science, it's good business. You're right, he's not going fix things himself. However, he should still be very much involved in the planning/implementation etc etc of the process to turn things around. He's not going to do it himself. But he will be involved. As he should be.

No he will not be involved in the planning and implementation.  That goes directly against what his job is.  He serves the league, not individual teams.  Is he going to work with 9 marketing departments to help them increase attendance?  No, he's not.  Toronto isn't the only team with lagging attendance.  His job is to run league affairs.  A healthier league leads to healthier franchises.  You have it backwards.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

No he will not be involved in the planning and implementation.  That goes directly against what his job is.  He serves the league, not individual teams.  Is he going to work with 9 marketing departments to help them increase attendance?  No, he's not.  Toronto isn't the only team with lagging attendance.  His job is to run league affairs.  A healthier league leads to healthier franchises.  You have it backwards.

I think we're looking at it two different ways. but will just have to agree to disagree at this point.

23 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think we're looking at it two different ways. but will just have to agree to disagree at this point.

Yes.  I have no doubt that the media will also see it your way and pin the blame on Ambrosie if things don't improve in Toronto.

But I think things will improve league-wide so we may not ever cross that bridge.