Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

11 hours ago, JCon said:

Scenarios:

One-game suspension and Hill does not appeal.

or

Two-game suspension and Hill does appeal, like the Carter gong show of last season.

Which is better for league? What if the CFL didn't think it could win an appeal on a two-game suspension?

I'd agree that your pragmatic view and question, "which is better for the league?" Is a strategy that the league should adopt to implement the suspension. Firstly, they need to ensure that the charges stick. Secondly they would want the imposed penalty to stick. Fairness is an ideal strategy at this point. Sending a tough message is not a cool strategy when dealing with a progressive, supportable decision. The league then needs to ensure that should Hill decide to touch another official, what form of discipline in a second incident would not be eroded by a first incident appeal. And so forth. 

Roughing the ref is not a football play in anyone's books. 

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Maybe you've discovered that there's no such position as defensive halfback in American football.

Or I might have been demonstrating how pointless it is to get stuck on CB/HB designations on a player's bio...  and that none of us really know if a guy can only play CB or can play anywhere on the line aside from some highlight reels watched after the bombers sign him

...but if your post makes you feel better about yourself then great, glad I could help out.  

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Or I might have been demonstrating how pointless it is to get stuck on CB/HB designations on a player's bio...  and that none of us really know if a guy can only play CB or can play anywhere on the line aside from some highlight reels watched after the bombers sign him

...but if your post makes you feel better about yourself then great, glad I could help out.  

Frederick only played CB last season, IIRC. I mentioned it for that reason, not because of his bio. And to that end, I expressed my skepticism on if he could've been moved to HB and be better or worse than Carmichael. Just because it's easy for someone like Heath or Johnson, that may not be the case for someone like Frederick.

It seems strange to respond to something one finds pointless, BTW.

9 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

DEi3G_jW0AQikgR.jpg

anyone guess who this guy is?  Taken a few days ago.

Cant see the picture but Jason Boltus helped his team to an NAL title last weekend.  came in the 3rd and got the W..  I posted this info to a FB group but ya for some odd reason, I can't get pics to open up on the forum. 

if its a dood in a red jersey kissing what looks to be a superbowl trophy, then yup its Former Bomber Boltus.

5 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Cant see the picture but Jason Boltus helped his team to an NAL title last weekend.  came in the 3rd and got the W..  I posted this info to a FB group but ya for some odd reason, I can't get pics to open up on the forum. 

if its a dood in a red jersey kissing what looks to be a superbowl trophy, then yup its Former Bomber Boltus.

yup it's Boltus #2 for Jax (Jacksonville)

I was watching some highlights of the game, first thought was good gravy Arena football is awful.

Boltus did throw at least 1 TD though, to a Mo Williams near the end of the 3rd quarter making the score 20-7. They scored once more from Devin Wilson but I'm unsure how that one came to be

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Frederick only played CB last season, IIRC. I mentioned it for that reason, not because of his bio. And to that end, I expressed my skepticism on if he could've been moved to HB and be better or worse than Carmichael. Just because it's easy for someone like Heath or Johnson, that may not be the case for someone like Frederick.

It seems strange to respond to something one finds pointless, BTW.

If you're going to express that skepticism, then spend a moment checking a youtube highlight reel or something instead of just arguing for the sake of arguing.  Frederick's highlights show him all over the field pre-CFL.  Moot point now anyway.

Basic idea that we cut Greenwood and Frederick too early remains.  Maybe Carmichael steps up this game.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If you're going to express that skepticism, then spend a moment checking a youtube highlight reel or something instead of just arguing for the sake of arguing.  Frederick's highlights show him all over the field pre-CFL.  Moot point now anyway.

Basic idea that we cut Greenwood and Frederick too early remains.  Maybe Carmichael steps up this game.

Well, you quoted me... And then went on to say it was a pointless discussion... and then continue beating a dead horse and accusing others of arguing for the sake of arguing.

I went off the most relevant information at hand, which was Frederick's tenure with this team - in which he played CB in 2016. I merely pointed out that fact as a counterpoint to him being a potential replacement for Carmichael at HB. I didn't feel the need to waste time and explore YouTube for highlights that weren't relevant.

If you're going to get bent out of shape over a harmless post, then just ignore it. ^_^

9 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, you quoted me... And then went on to say it was a pointless discussion... and then continue beating a dead horse and accusing others of arguing for the sake of arguing.

I went off the most relevant information at hand, which was Frederick's tenure with this team - in which he played CB in 2016. I merely pointed out that fact as a counterpoint to him being a potential replacement for Carmichael at HB. I didn't feel the need to waste time and explore YouTube for highlights that weren't relevant.

If you're going to get bent out of shape over a harmless post, then just ignore it. ^_^

No one's bent out of shape.  And if you feel that its a waste of time to research your claim, then that's okay too... but it might be better not to argue so much.  Then again, its just a sports forum really so whatevs.

4 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Signed by Hamilton. Tell me about Terrence Frederick

decent enough DB.. good size, speed and range.  Not sure why he was let go, tbh.  thought he would be a backup at the very least.

did get picked on in the eastern semi last year. 

40 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Signed by Hamilton. Tell me about Terrence Frederick

Came in last year around game 5 when the Bombers started to turn things around.  Got a big interception in that game.  Otherwise was pretty quiet for the rest of the year but held onto the job.  Reliable field-side corner.  Average size, good speed, good tackler.

Got beat up a bit in the western semi and had a really rough game for the Bombers in pre-season and I'm pretty sure that's what sealed the deal on his release.

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Freddie is solid for sure. Just got beat out by a younger and cheaper guy. Alexander has been solid at worst so far this year and will get better. 

ya I think Alexander has been the best rookie so far that we've brought in.   (Faith could change that depending on how he grades out later.. ditto Jackson Jeffcoat) Coming in as a starter in a pretty tough spot, hes been very good.