Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)

BigBlue

17 minutes ago, Atomic said:

As soon as you have guys getting released not for their play, but for something they allegedly said... you've got a problem.

no doubt.  shouldn't that have been handled internally? lol.  I mean at the very least, a sit down and discuss and work thru it as opposed to a "he said what?! FIRE HIS ASS!"

only in riderland.

Aside from tonight's super exciting game, I can't wait until tomorrow's game with Hamilton at Saskatchewan. With all this bullfrog coming out of the Rider side of the field, nothing would be better than a loss to the underdog Ticats. It doesn't even have to be because of the kicker. Maybe a non brilliant Coaching decision? What are the odds of that?

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

A ONE GAME SUSPENSION???  Wow. 

This commissioner has failed two days into his term.

I agree.

:P

(just a jab at some less then kind posters at the moment lol)

I couldn't believe it when I saw this.  what a gutless call by the commish.  you HAVE to protect the officials better then this.  this is an absolute joke and embarrassment for the league..

23 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

please see all other suspensions in the CFL. Even if the Commish gave him a 4 game suspension it doesn't mean it would happen. Players always fight it. Annoying, but one game is better than none. I'm thinking He won't be in the league much longer anyway. Austin wasn't pleased with him.

If he handed him a stiff suspension and the player appealed and won that is BETTER than the league throwing in the towel without trying.  This says that the league does not value the safety of their officials.  Letting the PA fight and win says the PA doesnt value the safety of the officials.

If the officials did some sort of job action as a result of this, I'd applaud them.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

that the league does not value the safety of their officials.  Letting the PA fight and win says the PA doesnt value the safety of the officials.

If the officials did some sort of job action as a result of this, I'd applaud them.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't communication back and forth between Glen Johnson and Randy Ambrosie. Ambrosie doesn't seem the sort not to get his facts straight before making a decision...

Besides, if Johnson actually reviewed the play in question, he might reverse the decision and and call the Official for illegal contact on a player downfield..?

44 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

please see all other suspensions in the CFL. Even if the Commish gave him a 4 game suspension it doesn't mean it would happen. Players always fight it. Annoying, but one game is better than none. I'm thinking He won't be in the league much longer anyway. Austin wasn't pleased with him.

I dont care if it was appealed and the player won.  you HAVE to show you don't take this kind of crap lying down.  a one game suspension is a slap on the wrist.  officials MUST be protected better then this.

20 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

A tough first decision for the new Commish, but the quick response and the promise of a new policy is a good start for Randy baby...

So, Singleton gets an eviction (half game day pay) plus a full day's pay deducted. Plus all eyes ? ? will be on Will..

I will say the lack of hmming and hawing was nice but still.. way too lenient for the action done.

I don't condone any kind of physical contact on an official first and foremost.  That said I can be a little sympathetic to the hamilton players who were having a close game gifted to the opposition with REALLY brutal calls one after the other after the other,  finally losing his cool in a game most guys are playing full tilt emotionally. I'm good with the punishment

The officiating so far this season has been horrendously inconsistent, not to mention questionable, in pretty much every game played to date.

While it's clearly stupid and wrong to manhandle an official, I can understand the frustration of players. And I can't even begin to imagine how it feels in-game.

wait.  there is actually fans essentially condoning this action?  

are you kidding me?   players have to respect the game and the officals are a crucial part of the game.. you DONT touch an official, period. end of discussion.  there is no justifiable reason for any player to touch an official, let alone grab his collar and shake him..

i'm absolutely stunned people are saying "I get it.." no, no you don't.