Geoff Gray Cut By Pack

Noeller

I just hope Mulumba finally ends up here. We NEED a capable middle linebacker and he IS the answer! I wonder if we could get his brother too, I hear he plays safety. 

I guess the question is: if Mulumba comes to take over the middle linebacker spot, who is the odd man out: Justin Medlock, Paul LaPolice, or Dancing Gabe? I don't envy the coaches on this one...

I believe it was 2007 when Ike Charlton and Juran Bolden both came back from the NFL after Labour Day and it was a real boost to the team.  It would be nice to add a player or two right now, whether that is an American or a Canadian.  Chris Matthews, Terrell Sinkfield, Jeff Knox, Erik Harris and Derel Walker could all make an immediate impact here, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I believe it was 2007 when Ike Charlton and Juran Bolden both came back from the NFL after Labour Day and it was a real boost to the team.  It would be nice to add a player or two right now, whether that is an American or a Canadian.  Chris Matthews, Terrell Sinkfield, Jeff Knox, Erik Harris and Derel Walker could all make an immediate impact here, IMO.

It was indeed... And we picked up Derrick Armstrong... 

19 hours ago, Goalie said:

I could see Mulumba at MLB if he dropped 10 pounds or WIL... 

But yeah he is technically more of a DE but... You never know. 

Its also hard to know what weight he would come in at. He could be 255, he could have bulked up like ron warner, and soo many others trying to stick down there.  His best fit size wise if hes up or at 255 is de, skill and experience wise his best fit is lber. But we may never see him. Hes got to have made like 3+ million down south allready. 

20 hours ago, Mark F said:

moneypenny.

I do not like no CFL on saturday.

I wish the league could get all the games played fri-sun. (save for stuff like LD) I dont like no football sats but i hate when the games are on in the middle of the week.

19 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Mulumba is an edge rusher, since he's been out of college he's mostly played for 3-4 teams so he's labeled "LB."  It would be a pretty big leap to play MLB in the CFL for a guy who hasn't played that position in his life.  Westerman was "LB" in the states too.

Terrell Sinkfield was cut by the Vikings.  There's a type of player we could use RFN.  Huge upgrade on our returners, has been playing DB for the Vikes and pretty impactful offensive player up here previously.

Hes an LT style pass rusher, not an edge rusher. Westerman was projected to the nfl as a tweener, but played on the end with his hand down. 

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

is it possible people see Mulumba and think Muamba and that's where the linebacker confusion comes in? 

Or its the fact hes played lber and not DE.  Dont think any one has ever confused coachy as a LBer....:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Floyd said:

Remind me why we don't want a cdn DE?

Jackson Jeffcoat. If he bolts next off season though, with our NI depth at DT if we had mulumba  perhaps we could go 2 des, or ever 3 NI along the DL if poop makes the jump to the nfl. Thats an awful long ways off though. 

Walters went into it a bit and said that none of these guys are imminent to sign here or near it. High on the guys we have on the PR and doesnt see both a fit and instant improvement. 

Edited by wbbfan

36 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Its also hard to know what weight he would come in at. He could be 255, he could have bulked up like ron warner, and soo many others trying to stick down there.  His best fit size wise if hes up or at 255 is de, skill and experience wise his best fit is lber. But we may never see him. Hes got to have made like 3+ million down south allready. 

I wish the league could get all the games played fri-sun. (save for stuff like LD) I dont like no football sats but i hate when the games are on in the middle of the week.

Hes an LT style pass rusher, not an edge rusher. Westerman was projected to the nfl as a tweener, but played on the end with his hand down. 

Or its the fact hes played lber and not DE.  Dont think any one has ever confused coachy as a LBer....:rolleyes:

Jackson Jeffcoat. If he bolts next off season though, with our NI depth at DT if we had mulumba  perhaps we could go 2 des, or ever 3 NI along the DL if poop makes the jump to the nfl. Thats an awful long ways off though. 

Walters went into it a bit and said that none of these guys are imminent to sign here or near it. High on the guys we have on the PR and doesnt see both a fit and instant improvement. 

There's a couple pretty long EMU highlight tapes for Mulumba kicking around.  Most plays he's playing defensive end with a hand in the dirt.

I don't know how we take any of this news as positive...we have great players that could be playing in the CFL sitting on practice rosters...its sad so many good players not playing but it's all about the money. The NFL is definitely hurting the CFL with these moves.  It's becoming clear the myopic NFL can't  or doesn't give a damn about the CFL anymore. Unfortunately a lot of young Canadians probably don't care ethier and would rather see these guys on a NFL team.