The Most Important Game: Wpg @ Regina

BigBlue

I never know if Rider fans are actually trolling of just stupid... I mean part of me wants to believe no one can be THAT stupid, but then I see tons of the saying the same things so maybe they are just dumb. 

BC craps their pants after stomping the Riders one week and lets the Riders get a win and suddenly the half ******** mob thinks they're actually a good team over there. I don't want Edmonton to do any more winning but for the sake of the league maybe they need to smack the green idiots back into reality. 

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

I never know if Rider fans are actually trolling of just stupid... I mean part of me wants to believe no one can be THAT stupid, but then I see tons of the saying the same things so maybe they are just dumb. 

BC craps their pants after stomping the Riders one week and lets the Riders get a win and suddenly the half ******** mob thinks they're actually a good team over there. I don't want Edmonton to do any more winning but for the sake of the league maybe they need to smack the green idiots back into reality. 

Yeah, hopefully Edmonton wins by a minimum 3 touchdowns. Go Esks. **** the Riders. 

In all truth, I have spoken to several Riderfans coming in from Sask for the BB that have said they prefer IGF, think it is nicer and/or think it provides a better game day experience.   These are their very own fans who have said this.  

Obviously a small sample size, but these are the fans that are spending money on their team.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I personally think they are just that damn stupid. They are still a bunch of Arrogant fools even when their team is awful... I personally cant wait to see what they say after we sweep them.... again... for the second year in a row. It's going to be wildly entertaining

Edited by James

2 hours ago, Mosaic said:

I was told by my Bombers fans thread at the beginning of the season that the first week bye was a benefit for the Bombers. 

well obviously they were wrong. go back and look at the data... teams with first week bye's have a terrible record in that game

6 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Y'know, for a flat province with no mountains, they sure do have a lot of trolls. Maybe there's a lot of bridges over there...do trolls hide under tractors? Maybe they're just overgrown gophers...

Regina has momentum (54-31/Edmonton, 41-8/BC) and we have SQUEAKERS. 

It's time to get over our ridicule for Chris Jones. He has gutted the team, rebuilt it and is starting to get results with both the good and bad talent he has.

Regina is now a real contender; they are playing as well as anybody has this season. Racking up 35 points on turnovers last night was no accident. It might even be a CFL record

We had better take the Rough Riders seriously. Bravado won't help us win. We are going to have to play better than we ever have this season and not rely on winning in some strange way as we have so repeatedly all season. 

What will it take? Opening up the passing game again. Regina doesn't blitz nearly as much as Montréal but they do have a mean pass rush. So we need the short game but without downfield passing their defensive backs are just going to creep up and shut down the dink and dunk. 

I am not as sure that Flanders is better than the defensive rotation that could include poop Johnson who we obviously missed last
game. We need his pressure up the middle and his run stopping abilities. We didn't really use Harris as a decoy for Flanders anyway so I like the trade-off..

Home field advantage is always been huge for the LDC ... The odds are actually in favour of the Riders for this coming game. So it's going to take more than trick plays though these surprises we have been delivering does help us.

We are going to have to win on good analysis good scheming and plain old talent. A great deal is going to depend on leadership from Nichols and Leggett.

We are at the crossroads and Regina will be a bigger test than Edmonton 2 weeks ago. We need more than "good luck to us".

Edited by BigBlue

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

It's time to get over our ridicule for Chris Jones. He has gutted the team, rebuilt it and is starting to get results with both the good and bad talent he has.

Regina is now a real contender; they are playing as well as anybody has this season. Racking up 35 points on turnovers last night was no accident. It might even be a CFL record

We had better take the Rough Riders seriously. Bravado won't help us win. We are going to have to play better than we ever have this season and not rely on winning in some strange way as we have so repeatedly all season. 

What will it take? Opening up the passing game again. Regina doesn't blitz nearly as much as Montréal but they do have a mean pass rush. So we need the short game but without downfield passing their defensive backs are just going to creep up and shut down the dink and dunk.

Im guessing you. A) Didnt watch either of the riders wins. B)havent watched the bombers play this year. C) just dont understand what you're seeing.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 hours ago, BigBlue said:

I am not as sure that Flanders is better than the defensive rotation that could include poop Johnson who we obviously missed last
game. We need his pressure up the middle and his run stopping abilities. We didn't really use Harris as a decoy for Flanders anyway so I like the trade-off..

Home field advantage is always been huge for the LDC ... The odds are actually in favour of the Riders for this coming game. So it's going to take more than trick plays though these surprises we have been delivering does help us.

We are going to have to win on good analysis good scheming and plain old talent. A great deal is going to depend on leadership from Nichols and Leggett.

We are at the crossroads and Regina will be a bigger test than Edmonton 2 weeks ago. We need more than "good luck to us".

Agreed.

One thing that is good about this current Bomber regime, I don't think this team or their coaches take anything for granted or assume they have any game in the bag going in. I get the feeling they work very hard in their prep for every game. Also, they play hard whistle to whistle, which is in their favor. I don't think they will lose next game based on a deficit of character or effort.

If they do lose it will be that they got beat by a more talented team, and that's all on their off-season prep and planning which did not fill a number of holes on the team that have existed for some time now. Bombers have improved in some ways this year, and in other's regressed. Not sure if they measure up to the level of improvement other teams make each and every year. They seem afraid to make changes while other teams always try to improve, both in the regular season and the off season.

2 hours ago, TheSource said:

Agreed.

One thing that is good about this current Bomber regime, I don't think this team or their coaches take anything for granted or assume they have any game in the bag going in. I get the feeling they work very hard in their prep for every game. Also, they play hard whistle to whistle, which is in their favor. I don't think they will lose next game based on a deficit of character or effort.

If they do lose it will be that they got beat by a more talented team, and that's all on their off-season prep and planning which did not fill a number of holes on the team that have existed for some time now. Bombers have improved in some ways this year, and in other's regressed. Not sure if they measure up to the level of improvement other teams make each and every year. They seem afraid to make changes while other teams always try to improve, both in the regular season and the off season.

No it's called continuity. We were 5-4 heading into Labour Day last season. This year were 7-2. I'd call that improvement.. 

20 hours ago, TheSource said:

Bombers have improved in some ways this year, and in other's regressed. Not sure if they measure up to the level of improvement other teams make each and every year. They seem afraid to make changes while other teams always try to improve, both in the regular season and the off season.

I just need to ask, what are the teams in the CFL this year that haven't "improved in some ways and in others regressed"? Is improvement the measure of a team or are results is what matters? I'll be sarcastic in that there is no change at all with the additions of Poop, Jeffcoat and Walker. No change what so ever to employ Flanders, Thorpe, and the Native of Costa Rica (aka The Italian Guy, a guy that has an Italian name,  The 25-year-old native of Costa Rica, who grew up in Montreal, was Toronto's fifth-round pick, 38th overall, in the 2011 CFL Canadian college draft out of Laval,), on offence. Two more wins this year than last year at this point. 

Edited by Rod Black

13 hours ago, Rod Black said:

I just need to ask, what are the teams in the CFL this year that haven't "improved in some ways and in others regressed"? Is improvement the measure of a team or are results is what matters? I'll be sarcastic in that there is no change at all with the additions of Poop, Jeffcoat and Walker. No change what so ever to employ Flanders, Thorpe, and the Italian guy on offence. Two more wins this year than last year at this point. 

Julian-Feoli-Gudino-280x300.png

The 25-year-old native of Costa Rica, who grew up in Montreal, was Toronto's fifth-round pick, 38th overall, in the 2011 CFL Canadian college draft out of Laval.