Bombers vs Riders GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, Fraser said:

I hope Glenn  throws a ton of picks and is running for his life 

I Was telling my buddy last night that I'm gonna really focus on our dline this game. If they pressure the hell out of Glenn then it's game over, if not then we may have a tough time with their receiving core.

I want to see a team that limits penalties, especially the stupid unnecessary penalties that wipe out big plays. I also want to see Glenn picking himself up off the turf after every play. No way Sasquatch pulls out a win if we play with discipline and put the fear into Glenn. Go Blue. Don't f*** this up...

1 hour ago, Nolby said:

I Was telling my buddy last night that I'm gonna really focus on our dline this game. If they pressure the hell out of Glenn then it's game over, if not then we may have a tough time with their receiving core.

last season O line jumped up.

this season D line will do it.

look on Glenn's face will be saying "No Mas".

Happy Canada Day!

Bombers need to come out strong today and win convincingly.

I still have some doubts regarding their receivers and overall scheme on defense,  but we will see. I'd like to see this team have some receivers like BC, Calgary, Edmonton, or even Sask.

Can't wait for kick off....

Excited to be home for the season opener! Here's hoping for a big win to celebrate. Osborne Village for some Canada Day fun this afternoon, bday party at Hotel Ft Garry later, a pregame pint at Barley Bros (won a $100 GC!) and then a house party with Coorsman, Wessmith and some others for the game. I am STOKED for today... Lets get it done, big Blue!! 

#ForTheW #BlueAndGoldTillWereDeadAndCold

long long over due first game of the season! 6 teams have played twice and weve played once. Now that is screwy. 

To say im excited for this is a huge understatement. I think the game will be close on the score board but that the blue will handily out play the riders. 17-10 for us. 

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

long long over due first game of the season! 6 teams have played twice and weve played once. Now that is screwy. 

To say im excited for this is a huge understatement. I think the game will be close on the score board but that the blue will handily out play the riders. 17-10 for us. 

You mean 17 points in the first quarter right? ;)

I'm curious about a stat. and that would be....'what is the won/loss percentage/record of teams in the past in their opener, that have the first round bye?'...Not that it means anything today...just curious??? Does anyone know

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Excited to be home for the season opener! Here's hoping for a big win to celebrate. Osborne Village for some Canada Day fun this afternoon, bday party at Hotel Ft Garry later, a pregame pint at Barley Bros (won a $100 GC!) and then a house party with Coorsman, Wessmith and some others for the game. I am STOKED for today... Lets get it done, big Blue!! 

#ForTheW #BlueAndGoldTillWereDeadAndCold

First time in my life, today I put out a little Canadian flag.

Don't know If I have really appreciated this country as much as it deserves until the last few months.

Happy Canada Day !!!

Thinking of going to Selkirk Mb to hear Harlequin at the waterfront stage, and then go to watch the game at the Legion.

Edited by Mark F

12 minutes ago, Mark F said:

First time in my life, today I put out a little Canadian flag.

Don't know If I have really appreciated this country as much as it deserves until the last few months.

Happy Canada Day !!!

Thinking of going to Selkirk Mb to hear Harlequin, and watch the game at the Legion.

Harlequin is playing the Selkirk Legion?  How the mighty have fallen...

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Harlequin is playing the Selkirk Legion?  How the mighty have fallen...

no, big concert stage at the waterfront developement, there will be thousands of people there.

Legion is a very short walk from there. bingo, shuffleboard, and the Bombers!

thanks I fixed my other post.

Edited by Mark F

41 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

even worse, they are the opening act, opening for Honeymoon Suite and Glass Tiger...

lol!

They probably do do tours together.

Went to hear Harlequin in trranscona a month or so ago, (passport waived that day) in that huge bar, people were lined up to get in, tickets were ten bucks, the place was jammed full, and patrons were all drinking their faces off. Older crowd but some of the people looked darn good.

Edited by Mark F