Darvin adams getting healthy, who comes out?

wbbfan

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Which Natl. would you insert on the D?

maybe waggoner at LBer for bass/burnett depending on if wild/mo are good to go. Or corney at the 2nd DE spot. Or more likely rotate waggoner corney and jake thomas. Course if he took the burnett spot part time or full time or if corney went in for cole id DI burnett/cole for rotational and teams use. 

The coach I know here in Kelowna who coached Loffler also coached Jesse Briggs, and he says that Briggs could one day be a significant contributor at LB for the Blue.  I didn't know until I talked to him that we have two Kelowna guys on the Bombers this year, that's awesome!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Maybe I can't shake the memory of Adams being a guy who shows up big for one game and then takes the next two off.....

There's a lot of you around here.  Don't know why Adams gets singled out.  I would have said the same thing about Denmark in past years.  Big games followed by nothing.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

BUT remember the OL of the first 1/3rd of the season with neufeld while bond/hardrick sat on the PR/in active. Then remember some of the goofy roster decisions weve made, not starting the best pieces at each position. Then ricky collins too. Remember starting the season with macho harris as our saftey? We havent made strong personnel decisions to date. 

That's such malarkey. 

Because they chose veterans over rookies? - who might not be ready - for whatever reasons. Who the hell would ever do that?

Or - based on how things turned out? The burgess method of solid lineup determining based on looking back over the year?

Edited by Mr Dee

18 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

That's such malarkey. 

Because they chose veterans over rookies? - who might not be ready - for whatever reasons. Who the hell would ever do that?

Or - based on how things turned out? The burgess method of solid lineup determining based on looking back over the year?

Like denmark getting benched after his return? Cus ricky collins was clearly worse then the likes of jace davis and thomas mayo?  Cus fogg is a vet? cus we didnt start rookie wrs at the start of the year? Thats not malarkey, thats poor recognition of talent. Matched with poor use of talent on the field. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Like denmark getting benched after his return? Cus ricky collins was clearly worse then the likes of jace davis and thomas mayo?  Cus fogg is a vet? cus we didnt start rookie wrs at the start of the year? Thats not malarkey, thats poor recognition of talent. Matched with poor use of talent on the field. 

Each game roster is based on who they're playing and the weaknesses of same. Players in and out of the lineup to suit that need. That only makes sense. 

Poor recognition of talent? Again, you're basing that on after-fact. Many players are cut pre-season, during season and after season, and go on to have careers with other teams.  And I still wouldn't count out Mayo.

But I guess we're the only team to cut usable players eh?

And I guess the talent of the players we did keep..the ones that helped us get where we are, are flukes..they don't count, right?

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

maybe waggoner at LBer for bass/burnett depending on if wild/mo are good to go. Or corney at the 2nd DE spot. Or more likely rotate waggoner corney and jake thomas. Course if he took the burnett spot part time or full time or if corney went in for cole id DI burnett/cole for rotational and teams use. 

Corney has done very little the whole year while doing spot duty.

12 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Adams did put up big numbers this year, but a lot of those stats came in garbage time with Drew Willy. It's hard to put a lot of stock into that. With that being said, I'm excited to have him back and hope he plays more consistently.

All of Willy time was garbage time lol.

2 hours ago, Nolby said:

I agree, JFG has more than proven that he's a better receiver and national than Kohlert.

The last game Feoli-Gudino played, he flubbed a couple of routine catches, which really surprised me, so maybe he just doesn't have the consistency.

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

So very very shocked by who gave this comment a like....

Ricky Collins - did you go to the early camp?  How do you know what he showed when he was there?  I don't recall a single report from that camp that said a positive thing about him.  I would have remembered.  As a former Packer, I was really hoping he made the squad.  As a former NFLer, isn't it entirely possible he came up here and dogged it thinking the CFL would be a cake walk?  Then got cut, realized it isn't that easy, and pulled his head out of his ass, actually putting in the effort when he was lucky enough to get a second chance?  Considering how many former NFLers come up here feeling entitled and acting lazy, that seems very plausible to me.  But please give us your report of the time you went and saw Ricky Collins practising with the Bombers.

You know Demark is an import right?  And plays slot, not wide, right?  So when we make a ratio adjustment due to injury, Denmark isn't getting moved out to the wide side because we have to play JFG to meet ratio requirements.  Which would make the howling masses ***** more?  JFG coming in for Denmark or starting Addison Richards on the wide side?

Give it a freaking rest.  You don't need to hit a 100 post count in every thread.

Looks like this settle the lineup this week. Chungh and Wild out. 

WPG ADD FROM INJURED INT Darvin ADAMS (WR)    Auburn – Removed from 6-game Injured List

WPG ADD FROM SUSPENDED INT Bruce JOHNSON (DB)    Miami

WPG TRF TO INJURED NAT Sukh CHUNGH  (OL)    Calgary – to Nov-03

WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Ian WILD (LB)    Mercyhurst College – to Nov-03

http://www.cfl.ca/transactions/

Neufeld will be added to 44 prior to Fri. 

Logic says Gurley & Fogg will be the 2-man reserve and Posey will go to IR

Edited by M.O.A.B.

6 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Couture isn't ready yet and almost got Nichols killed last game. Neufeld is still signifcantly better. Remember also, that he'll be playing guard now instead of tackle.

Totally agree with this.....Couture is a rookie who they are trying to bring along slowly, and they've probably played him more than they want/should.  It's a no-brainer, Neufeld goes in to replace Cheung.

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Like denmark getting benched after his return? Cus ricky collins was clearly worse then the likes of jace davis and thomas mayo? Thats not malarkey, thats poor recognition of talent. Matched with poor use of talent on the field. 

I remember back in 2000 when Tom Brady was behind Michael Bishop on the Patriots' depth chart ... very poor recognition of talent there.

Edited by johnzo

6 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Remember starting the season with macho harris as our saftey? We havent made strong personnel decisions to date. 

I'm absolutely certain that everybody would have been on board with starting the season with our 3rd rounder at safety. Pay no attention to the other eight gms who took a pass on him. We completely blew our evaluation of Loffler.

Watching the game and playing teams for a month probably hurt his development.

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I'm absolutely certain that everybody would have been on board with starting the season with our 3rd rounder at safety. Pay no attention to the other eight gms who took a pass on him. We completely blew our evaluation of Loffler.

Watching the game and playing teams for a month probably hurt his development.

I know you're being sarcastic, but this probably isn't the argument you want to make. You probably could've had people on board to have Cauchy Muamba as our starting safety, if it meant we never had to watch Macho Harris play.

10 hours ago, ddanger said:

Totally agree with this.....Couture is a rookie who they are trying to bring along slowly, and they've probably played him more than they want/should.  It's a no-brainer, Neufeld goes in to replace Cheung.

No doubt Neufeld will be on a short leash.