Kohlert gets his ball back.

Rod Black

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

And a signed football, a sideline experience and 2 tickets to the next game. Also the dinner will also be with Stanley Bryant and Matt Nichols later said he'd pay for it.

Westerman tweeted that they  had to jump through some hoops to get the ball, complete with an eye roll emoji

Sounds like the fan really took it to them.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Westerman tweeted that they  had to jump through some hoops to get the ball, complete with an eye roll emoji

All in good fun, but Matt Nichols is going to have to really shell out to feed Stanley Bryant.

15 hours ago, Jesse said:

I wondered idly what I'd want in exchange for the ball, if it were me.  I'd probably just say, "Whatever you feel it's worth, I guess," and move on.  Maybe something autographed by the team?  Heck, I'd probably be good with just a visit to the locker room.  I still haven't seen it.

3 hours ago, wpgchris said:

I wondered idly what I'd want in exchange for the ball, if it were me.  I'd probably just say, "Whatever you feel it's worth, I guess," and move on.  Maybe something autographed by the team?  Heck, I'd probably be good with just a visit to the locker room.  I still haven't seen it.

If it meant something to one of the players I'd give it back for nothing. Either that or tell them I'll exchange it for a Grey Cup victory.....

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Early in the game after a field goal, an end zone fan caught the ball. A worker on the field motioned to him and he threw it back and I said to buddy, do they have to throw the ball back? I would think of it ends up in the stands, it's the fans' ball...

I've heard conflicting things about that.  Some have said yes, some have said no.  I don't see anything in the Fan Code of Conduct on the website.

I'd just hang on to it, since I can always use a new football. :P

21 minutes ago, wpgchris said:

I've heard conflicting things about that.  Some have said yes, some have said no.  I don't see anything in the Fan Code of Conduct on the website.

I'd just hang on to it, since I can always use a new football. :P

If a player throws it into the stands, it's a souvenir.  If it goes into the stands as in the course of a football play, it isn't.  (best guess)

But the days of security chasing after some shirtless loon climbing over people in the hopes of keeping a free football are long gone.  Just hold onto the thing until someone taps you on the shoulder, then say "DOANA SPEEEKA DA INGLICKS!!!"

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Early in the game after a field goal, an end zone fan caught the ball. A worker on the field motioned to him and he threw it back and I said to buddy, do they have to throw the ball back? I would think of it ends up in the stands, it's the fans' ball...

Was the worker kinda short and fat with a toothy smile?

The ball wasn't for Kohlert...it was for Nichols, right? His first ever receiving TD. As for Kohlert, that's actually his 2nd throwing TD this year, they said yesterday. Nichols was laughing, saying that Kohlert has the best QB rating in the league, 'cause he's 2/2 with 2 TDs and no INTs or whatever....

8 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

By the title of the thread, I assumed it was about Kohlert playing better.

Glad he got the ball back. Should put the ball in a mantle at the Bomber store with the the trick play being played over and over again.

One of the best trick plays I have ever seen the Bombers execute.

The granddaddy of all Bomber trick plays was the Bomberooskie and few of us are old enough to remember it. 

1 hour ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Not so much a trick play, but I laughed when back in the day Westwood kicked a ball at a defender. The ball bounced off the player and Westwood recovered it. 

Was vs Toronto, probably 2005...he later confirmed that he did, indeed, kick it intentionally at the guy's face, as hard as he could, so they could recover...and they did... Was awesome. 

2 hours ago, J5V said:

The granddaddy of all Bomber trick plays was the Bomberooskie and few of us are old enough to remember it. 

2 hours ago, J5V said:

Guard Larry Slagle picked the ball up & ran with it for a huge gain. Guards in those days were 245 lbs on average so some of them could motor. I think center Bob Swift just shuffled it on the ground to his left to Slagle as he was the designated ball carrier therefore it was considered a fumble which is why an OL could run with it. I was at that game in 72. I think it was called vs Calgary. I even think Bomber Head Coach Jim Spavital called it the Slaglerooskie.

On 10/11/2016 at 3:18 AM, brett_c_b said:

If it meant something to one of the players I'd give it back for nothing. Either that or tell them I'll exchange it for a Grey Cup victory.....

I believe the team offered the sideline access and tickets and Westerman offered the dinner in the first place... I would have loved to win that...