Week 9 Edm. @ Tor. - Sask. @ Hamilton

Mr Dee

9 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Imho the ticats werent even that "good". Lucky break on the first td by fantuz, riders with 14 penalties in the first half, DD had one of the worst nights ive seen him play, and the riders secondary is hot garbage vs the long ball. Im sure the rifles could have beat that rider team tonight

Collaros started out looking pretty rusty but with encouragement from the Riders D he improved drastically over the course of the game.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Imho the ticats werent even that "good". Lucky break on the first td by fantuz, riders with 14 penalties in the first half, DD had one of the worst nights ive seen him play, and the riders secondary is hot garbage vs the long ball. Im sure the St. Vital Mustangs could have beat that rider team tonight

Fixed. 

The hype definitely by far exceeded the results so far. Though, if we had picked up jones and murphy after our own crappy season last year, I would have totally bought in to think were saved. But his roster moves, ego and stuff hes doing has and will continue to remind me of mike kelly and that would sour me quick. Riderfans reminds me a lot like ourbombers towards the end

After  watching the games this weekend, I've got to say If we don't beat the Riders in both games, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. They are way worse than I thought they'd be by this point in the season especially considering they still have Durant.

22 hours ago, LimJahey said:

i mean you can't really blame them, the Jays are absolutely huge right now. Gotta think they'd have a lot more customers there trying to watch the Jays game than B.C/ Calgary.

After watching Reilly shred the Argos vertically, I think the Esks would have to take the night off and even then the Riders would probably still lose. 

14 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Keep in mind that the genius Jones and his amazing staff inherited Mike Reilly who is probably the best QB in the league.

That's probably more Hervey's doing, though. And we don't have Hervey.

Jones could be a good head coach, except that he is also in charge of all of the football operations and is completely in charge of the defence with no one to guide him. He has absolutely no accountability anymore. He makes any changes and coaching decisions, and he has next to nobody to tell him that he's wrong in all of this.

2 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Sure they did. They could've offered Harris starting money and a starting job. Instead they decided to stick with old broken down Ray.

This.  The Argos should have cut bait and kept Harris.  In other news, the Titanic should have slowed down and not hit that iceberg.  These two events brought to you by "Why hindsight is 20-20".  

But yeah, not sure what Toronto was thinking there.

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

This.  The Argos should have cut bait and kept Harris.  In other news, the Titanic should have slowed down and not hit that iceberg.  These two events brought to you by "Why hindsight is 20-20".  

But yeah, not sure what Toronto was thinking there.

Not to mention Zach Collaros who the Argonauts released early in 2014 after failing to come to an agreement on a new contract. Within the last 2 years that makes 2 QB's, arguably in the top 5 in this league, that the Argos chose to let go in lieu of a 30 something Ricky Ray. Yikes.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

7 hours ago, Jacquie said:

For the record, they didn't "let Harris go". Barker said they offered him more money than Ottawa but Harris decided to sign there instead. 

Sure. And peanuts grow in vineyards. The Argos had no intentions of trading Ray. I think the seeds for Harris leaving is after playing so well in 2015 he was benched when Ray came back which he didn't like. The Argos had until mid February to move Ray if they wanted to but chose to stand pat. Big mistake as Ray is virtually finished.