Game Day Thread: vs Montreal Alouettes -- Friday, June 24th

Noeller

Kick-off 7:30pm CST, TSN pre-game at 7pm, and Knuckles kicks off his pre-game at 6pm.

Gotta get to Glenn early and often. Doug Brown has often said, Kevin Glenn hates being hit probably more than any other QB in the league. If you can get to him and spook him a little bit, not let him get into a rhythm, you've got a really good chance of success.

If the offense can start to show glimpses of what it's fully capable of, and the D gets to Glenn early and often....we might have a chance in this one......

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm excited to see Willy not have to bounce right back up after a hit..........because ****, seriously..........

It's going to happen, I'd rather it happen sooner than later to rid any lingering doubts in his mind. He hasn't taken a game hit in a very long time, 

No reason that the Bomber D-line should not make life miserable for Glenn right off the hop. The Bomber line has been bolstered and the Alouette O-line is nowhere as good (on paper at least) as in years past. Watch for Glenn starting to have happy feet.

17 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

He took some decent shots in Pre season

True, which is good but regular season game type hits seem to be a different breed.

Iffy OL aside, Willy's going to light it up tonight (I hope).

Dressler gets his first TD as a Bomber 1st Quarter.

Game day - 

Beware of Kyries Hiebert, Bear Woods, Venable, oh hell, the whole front seven of Montreal.

Anxious to see how our secondary handles a good set of receivers. I want a Fogg to descend upon their entire receiving corp.

Double anxious to see OUR front seven as they attack Montreal's once-great O-Line. Cummings, Westerman, Shologan - have a field day please.

Excited to see : Bass at MLB, and Wild flying around making tackles.  - Dressler and Smith get open and make some plays.

Pat Neufeld says: "We're ready to finally let loose and play for our fans"

I say - "We've been ready for that kind of play for a long time"  "PROVE IT"

I want to see Harris, the real Harris, run amok. I seriously want Willy to drop that 'aw shucks' demeonor and adopt a take hold, grab-the-offence-by-the-balls-and-lead-to-a-win mentality, ala Mike Reilly. Boy, do I want to see that.

I also want to see Glenn be ineffective - because we're making it so. 

Most of all, I want to see an effective Offence - and not one two-and-outing us again. Had enough of that. I want to see that high tempo, confuse-the-defence, move the ball downfield and score Offence we were promised.

Is that too much to ask?

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

True, which is good but regular season game type hits seem to be a different breed.

Iffy OL aside, Willy's going to light it up tonight (I hope).

Dressler gets his first TD as a Bomber 1st Quarter.

Good, he's my lock of the week ;)

Kind of cheering for Jovon at HB...  too bad Hefney wasn't still playing.

Big challenges for both OLs today, really want to see Neufeld stand up Bowman

Both front sevens are massive.  Really excited to see Bombers with a real MLB.

Hall finally has guys to fit his D... now its all on him.

7 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I really dont like Glenn to come out. Bombers D have shown better vs a pocket passer than a scrambler like Cato

Yea true enough, flipside though his quick release has proven challenging at times. a INT or pick-six will help rectify that.