LaPolice new Bombers OC

Mr. Perfect

LaPolice made ten professional visits during his time away and continued to improve his playbook @Wpg_BlueBombers @cfl

— gary lawless (@garylawless)

December 8, 2015

This has got to be great news for Drew Willy.

MB did the exact same thing...  I remember exactly about how they were pumped that MB learned new things doing all that scouting in his off time...

Pretty pumped about this hire! Excited to have a run game for the first time since he was last fired. and I think with Willy his offence is going to be fantastic

with maybe Andrew Harris as our running back for 2016?!?!?!?

I think so.. I think the general consensus is if we make him a fair offer he'll be here for sure

Congrats guys. excellent move by the Bombers, always liked Lapo. His only fault is he is too nice and wasn't cut out to be HC at that time. Maybe he is ready now and this puts O'Shea on short leash. Nothing like having your replacement already on the payroll.

Obviously they knew they were hiring Lapo all along so was the request to speak to Khari about a different position?

The casual fan would love Khari back under any circumstance.

I would think they were just covering their bases in case Lapo got the Sask HC job.

Obviously they knew they were hiring Lapo all along so was the request to speak to Khari about a different position?

The casual fan would love Khari back under any circumstance.

I imagine they did give consideration to guys like cortez and khari. But plop was probably top of the list, and i bet he jumped at the chance to get back to coaching and be the guy whose a couple losses in a row from being a head coach again. 

Will give Lapo some credit here.....not many guys come back as an OC, after being fired as a OC...then a HC, by the same team.....

Now that's determination....

* insert cliche about the definition of insanity here *

Hmm if he would be fired then by this regime, would that be a record? has any coach been hired and fired by the same team 3 times, each time a different group at the top?

Will give Lapo some credit here.....not many guys come back as an OC, after being fired as a OC...then a HC, by the same team.....

Now that's determination....

* insert cliche about the definition of insanity here *

Hmm if he would be fired then by this regime, would that be a record? has any coach been hired and fired by the same team 3 times, each time a different group at the top?

George Steinbrenner and Billy Martin is the only ones who come to mind, but it was the same management every time! Pretty crazy even though it's baseball and not football ...

On one hand, the man has failed here twice before which makes me less than excited. On the other hand the lack of experienced, capable offensive playcallers speaks for itself currently. We got the second best (I don't buy Cortez is retiring) person out there that has experience, but he's still a B level coordinator at my best in my opinion.

Apparently while doing his TSN gig he's attended 10 NFL camps held to improve and come up with new offensive Offensive plays. A guy who is willing to do that on his own dime and time is serious about improving his OC abilities. Time to forget about the old days guys. Give him a break.