LaPolice new Bombers OC

Mr. Perfect

Arash Madani @ArashMadani

I'm told Bob Dyce's office is cleaned out at Riders HQ. An experienced, solid, offensive and special teams coach is available to a #CFL team

I think the Bombers will be interested in him, either as an offensive assistant under LaPo or as ST coach.

WHy not re hire a string of old Head coaches that the Bombers have fired.

Lapolice as OC

Mike Kelly as Receivers coach

Dyce as STC

Doug Berry as QBC

Jim Daley as the guy who gets Wade Miller Coffee and stuff

Or just Dyce... 

I'm told Bob Dyce's office is cleaned out at Riders HQ. An experienced, solid, offensive and special teams coach is available to a #CFL team

I think the Bombers will be interested in him, either as an offensive assistant under LaPo or as ST coach.

WHy not re hire a string of old Head coaches that the Bombers have fired.

Lapolice as OC

Mike Kelly as Receivers coach

Dyce as STC

Doug Berry as QBC

Jim Daley as the guy who gets Wade Miller Coffee and stuff

Edit, I'm aware that Dyce was never HC of the Bombers

Should be.  A Winnipeger and Hall and Lapo to vouch for him.

Lawless tweeting that the Riders are taking a ton of Jones' Esks staff with him. 

I'll be very curious to see what the hires are in BC and Edmonton. Are they going to be scrambling to find decent coordinator hires? I feel like a lot of Bomber fans would be saying that same thing if we were in their place currently.

Also, I think the CFL and the Riders have set a dangerous precedent with hiring Jones away from a current contract. Will be interesting to see if it happens again at some point and if the league ever decides to change it. Personally I think Edmonton got screwed losing a head coach currently under contract, and now having all his assistants go with him. At least most of the assistants aren't under contract.

Also, I think the CFL and the Riders have set a dangerous precedent with hiring Jones away from a current contract. Will be interesting to see if it happens again at some point and if the league ever decides to change it. Personally I think Edmonton got screwed losing a head coach currently under contract, and now having all his assistants go with him. At least most of the assistants aren't under contract.

Personally I don't see how it's a dangerous precedent when it's clearly a promotion for Jones. As for the assistants, as has been said the vast majority of them have had their contracts now expire.

Was great when he FIRST came to Winnipeg....but he took some wicked shots early on that might've done him in. But if you recall the first several games as a Bomber in 2010...he was outstanding. 

Yeah, and I get reminded of how good he was in 2010 every time I see that insurance ad and they show that run he did for a TD against Hamilton in his first ever game in Blue.  He was at the top of his game in 2010 all right, especially considering his receivers that year were Terence Edwards and Jaymael Smith.

Don't forget Adarius Bowman, Terrence Jeffers Harris, and Brock Ralph

How much did Bowman even play in 2010?  He couldn't catch a cold when he played for the Bombers.  But yeah, he had Brock Ralph to throw to, I forgot about that.  Also, Aaron Hargreaves. 

Mr. Perfect is bang on. Lapolice was given far too much credit for a Worman offense after we fired him because we had a petulant running back at the time. Evidence of his success was in fact in his offense's failure to either maintain or improve on the previous year's results. Just listening to him now on CJOB and he now says he has learned from watching and analyzing on TV etc. While I am not a fan, but do agree that he should have learned something in the past 3 years, we will see if he has learned and if he has can he put it to use on the field. Can he communicate to his players, can he develop an offense that uses the strengths and minimizes the weaknesses of its parts, can he garner the confidence of those in the system, can he adjust as required and in the end can he be successful. You can't put a square peg in a round hole so let's see what happens.

In 02 he had a gun slinger at qb and Stegall and Bruce in the slot, that put teams in a bind defensively and all Khari had to do was pick one of them to heave it up to. 

So sign a slotback to replace Moore...  WIlly is a gunslinger and Denmark is our other SB.

We have a Roberts/Sellers type duo in Cotton/Marshall...

And don't forget that one of Jones' targets was Jamie Stoddard...  we are way ahead of the curve there, probably four stoddards on the roster already!

That comparison isn't even close to even mention...Cotton/Marshall being compared to Roberts/Sellers.  Two of the all time best we've ever had to two after thoughts

Lawless tweeting that the Riders are taking a ton of Jones' Esks staff with him. 

I'll be very curious to see what the hires are in BC and Edmonton. Are they going to be scrambling to find decent coordinator hires? I feel like a lot of Bomber fans would be saying that same thing if we were in their place currently.

Your post makes absolutely no sense at all. Dangerous precedent?? Coaches leave teams all the time for promotions. Its happened many times, only difference this time is the Esks crying about it. We let Ritchie Hall out of his contract to go to Edmonton to be the HC there. We let Kent Austin out of his contract right after we won the grey cup to go coach in the NCAA.  Many examples where this has happened.

Your post makes absolutely no sense at all. Dangerous precedent?? Coaches leave teams all the time for promotions. Its happened many times, only difference this time is the Esks crying about it. We let Ritchie Hall out of his contract to go to Edmonton to be the HC there. We let Kent Austin out of his contract right after we won the grey cup to go coach in the NCAA.  Many examples where this has happened.

Its pretty rare to see a HC with a contract leave for another team. Hall's move to Edmonton was from assistant to head coach. Austin was leaving the league. Neither of these are the situation Jones was in. Its considered a promotion because of the GM title and so that's why it was allowed, but employed head coaches moving to another team is actually pretty rare.

Its pretty rare to see a HC with a contract leave for another team. Hall's move to Edmonton was from assistant to head coach. Austin was leaving the league. Neither of these are the situation Jones was in. Its considered a promotion because of the GM title and so that's why it was allowed, but employed head coaches moving to another team is actually pretty rare.

Let me get this straight here. Going from Head Coach to VP of football operations/ General manager and HC is not a promotion in your books?  Jones is accountable only to Rider President Craig Reynolds, he is in charge of everything. AND doubled his salary. In my mind I would say that qualifies as a promotion.

at the Press conference La Police said

no Moss, not that, not the cone of silence....

actually they said they might be reworking that.

and westwood pointed out that some assistant coaches probably like the no interviews policy.

good press conference.

It's interesting that that was brought up and handled. As MOS said, the policy will be discussed and reviewed. I don't have an inkling of what they'll do, although I don't expect them to change it. Having said that...now I know they'll change it, BUT, having just said that...

Yes, it was a good interview and we were told 4-5 candidates were considered.

LaPo did state that he turned down an org. this weekend. Love to know which team...