Cortez among OC's on Bomber wish list

Mr. Perfect

You also need to consider who would make the best HC. There is a chance that Osh doesn't see LDC if things go south next year.

I don't want Hall, he's far too soft, Cortez was the same, that leaves Chappy or Plap.

NO! I can not stress this enough. Don't hire a coordinator expecting them to be the next head coach. How the **** has that worked out for this team the last times they've done it? Daley, Burke, disastrous. Hire the best OC for the team right now and if OShea gets fired midseason then just ride out the year cause the year is already ****** anyway and do a full search for a new head coach in the offseason.

Didn't say it was the right thing to do Dave but, money will always be the driving force with the BOD and if they can save a few bucks on severance, they will.

bullshit. I guarantee that thought hasn't even entered their heads because they aren't entertaining the idea that they would all fail. Isn't O'Shea going into the last year of his contract anyway? So if they fired him there's only the pay out until the end of the season anyway. This is just some nonsense fans cook up because they think they're being smart. They aren't.

It's not bs, who is going to sign on as an OC/AHC for just one year? This affects more than O'Shea, your talking about potential cleaning house of everyone if O'Shea is fired, an interim HC installed, and then a new HC search next year, who will want to pick his staff.

The beauty is that coordinators contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on so you give a guy the standard 2 years. If we're worried about O'Shea only having a year then I guess we aren't hiring any coordinator because of that? You don't need to make the new OC hire a new head coach. I'll say it again, no one is taking the job with the idea that things are going to fail and people will be fired. That's what makes it bullshit. 

Willy gets a yay or nay? Where's the facepalm emoji? 

You don't think the starting qb should  be heard before hiring an oc?

They heard his opinion in retaining Bellefuille... just saying.

Willy said publicly he liked Marcel & his offense. We all saw how that worked out so sure get Willy's opinion but that's all it should be, an opinion. Not an endorsement.

Willy said publicly he liked Marcel & his offense. We all saw how that worked out so sure get Willy's opinion but that's all it should be, an opinion. Not an endorsement.

Drew Willy stated that he was grateful to pick MB's brain to learn all that he can to run his offence in certain situations. And I think we saw that. This certainly doesn't mean he endorses MB's offence in totality.

He also said he learned a lot from Darian Durant, Khari Jones, Danny Barrett and Jeff Garcia.

So, what do you suppose he meant by that?

Maybe....he likes to learn, and master his position, with help from certain knowledgable people?

Iso, you know football better than me -- say Drew Willy thought that MB was an idiot and his offence was dogshit, do you think he'd really be super frank about expressing that opinion?

Maybe....he likes to learn, and master his position, with help from everybody?

Or maybe he just doesn't want to see "WILLY PUBLICLY QUESTIONS COACH" over a Friesen byline?

Iso, you know football better than me -- say Drew Willy thought that MB was an idiot and his offence was dogshit, do you think he'd really be super frank about expressing that opinion?

Maybe....he likes to learn, and master his position, with help from everybody?

Or maybe he just doesn't want to "WILLY PUBLICLY QUESTIONS COACH" over a Friesen byline?

Behind the scenes I'm guessing he would if that's how he felt.

Cortez has won FIVE Cups as an OC, I don't care about his recent failure or perceived failure. The BC offence looked pretty darn good with him in charge and he was a champ as recently as two years ago. Is he interested is the only issue IMO. He's no spring chicken. I remember hearing that Harris didn't like his offence, well sorry but if he wants to not sign here because of it so be it. How many Cups have Lapo's teams WON again?

I would way rather have Harris than Cortez .... also I believe Buono taints his coaches - not good

Cortez plans to retire. And according to wally buono on twitter... the Lions have given the bombers permission to speak to Khari. Once again Madani proven wrong

Madani wasn't necessarily wrong when he reported that. Wally's tweet says as of today, the bombers have permission. Doesn't mean that was the case a few days ago.

Drew Willy stated that he was grateful to pick MB's brain to learn all that he can to run his offence in certain situations. And I think we saw that. This certainly doesn't mean he endorses MB's offence in totality.

He also said he learned a lot from Darian Durant, Khari Jones, Danny Barrett and Jeff Garcia.

So, what do you suppose he meant by that?

Maybe....he likes to learn, and master his position, with help from certain knowledgable people?

Players play, coaches coach & that's how it should be. Put in the time, learn the offense & go out & win a championship. 

I would be on board with bringing in K.Jones as the next OC.

During his playing days he seemed to have a good grasp on how to attack defenses.

if in doubt throw to 85 might not be as good of a strategy now as during his playing days
Almost every former QB turned position coach had their "go to guy" but didn't necessarily define their abilities to be good coaches.

Cortez plans to retire. And according to wally buono on twitter... the Lions have given the bombers permission to speak to Khari. Once again Madani proven wrong

Madani wasn't necessarily wrong when he reported that. Wally's tweet says as of today, the bombers have permission. Doesn't mean that was the case a few days ago.

Madani was wrong about hufnagel being offered the riders job and many other things the last several weeks

Madani was right about huff being offered the Sask job. Why people think they can have those conversations and make those offers and think it won't get leaked is ludicrous. Then insult people by then denying it is worse. Huff told too many people and I know one o f the people he told.