Cortez among OC's on Bomber wish list

Mr. Perfect

I'd absolutely love to have Lapo as OC here. I wonder if Kari would even Come as QB coach. .. if he did that would be fantastic...

Having Buck and Jones as Lapo's assistants would be fantastic for his success as well

Yes Buck and Lapo could have that awkward conversation about what they were doing in Winnipeg 3 and a half years ago

Buck didn't understand what LaPo wanted him to do the first time around so I doubt he would get it now. 

to be fair nobody understood the 3 yard pass play on 2nd and 10 all the time

to be fair all other teams do this too and often convert because their receivers block downfield

Does Wylie deserve to come back? Our OL has been brutal for both of his years, and with Chris Greaves going from a healthy scratch as a Bomber to a starter with the champs, that's gotta make you wonder...

I guess this is beaten to detail already but... how much of the OL problem can be blame to MarcelB's protection scheme?

I tend to believe this as wylie has done nothing but excel at even NFL levels..

Hes not the greatest oline coach in the world but id still rank him as very good. Also, even tho oline still struggled.. Didnt the stats show improvement?

Floyd, you would seriously make Howell a QB coach over Buck?

Yeah, Howell has been with the bombers for five years, the move to QB coach would be to groom him to be an HC/OC eventually. 

I think Buck had some really bad habits... long reads, trouble checking down, leading with his head... I don't want him anywhere near the QBs.

That makes no sense. 

Burgess wants the guy who just retired

I did want Cortez, but he's out of the running now. My second choice wouldn't be PLAP. In fact, I'd go with a guy who's never been an OC over PLAP.

I guess my new choice is Chapdelaine. Pretty good track record even last year until he lost both Durrant and Glenn.

Jones? Nah, he's not been a good OC. I'd take him as a receivers coach tho.

Mass? I think he'll be the Eskie HC. The Redblacks wouldn't even let us interview him for OC.

Jackson? Never been an OC. I'd take him over PLAP but, I'd rather have him as a QB coach.

I did want Cortez, but he's out of the running now. My second choice wouldn't be PLAP. In fact, I'd go with a guy who's never been an OC over PLAP.

I guess my new choice is Chapdelaine. Pretty good track record even last year until he lost both Durrant and Glenn.

Mass? I think he'll be the Eskie HC. The Redblacks wouldn't even let us interview him for OC.

Jackson? Never been an OC. I'd take him over PLAP but, I'd rather have him as a QB coach.

I'm good with either Chaps or Lapo. The last time Lapo was here, he doesnt have a good and durable QB.

I'm good with either Chaps or Lapo. The last time Lapo was here, he doesnt have a good and durable QB.

Great, we'll find out tomorrow that Chaps is now jobless.

Chaps better choice is to go in Ottawa with a durable Henry Burris. 

I dont think he will go back in Buono's arm and go to Edmonton with will probably have a rookie-HC and brand new coaching staff.

I guess my new choice is Chapdelaine. Pretty good track record even last year until he lost both Durrant and Glenn.

I dont think he will go back in Buono's arm and go to Edmonton with will probably have a rookie-HC and brand new coaching staff.

I know people have been saying this for a while now, but Burris is going to be 41 next year. Nobody escapes Father Time forever.

I think Ottawa regresses next year.

...I remember when Damon Allen was quarterback in T.O. and his final season there...The previous year was pretty good and the argos decided to stick with him as their no 1 the next...They used to call him gumby as he was almost injury proof, then the inevitable happened and father time caught up with him that year...He was pulled half way through the year and was done...Henry Burris...the next Damon Allen??we'll see. 

Regardless of age QB durability is always in doubt as is any position playing the high risk game of football. Perhaps Ottawa was in fact extremely lucky to have a QB play 18 games. The bigger issue is depth whether it be at QB or any position. Winnipeg was lacking in securing adequate depth at that spot last season and it was costly.

I guess my new choice is Chapdelaine. Pretty good track record even last year until he lost both Durrant and Glenn.

I know people have been saying this for a while now, but Burris is going to be 41 next year. Nobody escapes Father Time forever.

I think Ottawa regresses next year.

Ottawa lucked out when Collaros was injured, no way they return to the Cup next year.  If they're smart they sign Burris's future replacement this off-season if they expect to be competitive in the future.  Got to think that Ottawa is the future home of Trevor Harris.

...I remember when Damon Allen was quarterback in T.O. and his final season there...The previous year was pretty good and the argos decided to stick with him as their no 1 the next...They used to call him gumby as he was almost injury proof, then the inevitable happened and father time caught up with him that year...He was pulled half way through the year and was done...Henry Burris...the next Damon Allen??we'll see. 

Calvillo the same. One hit that didn't look that bad but he was 41.  It can end quick.

Common..

Anyway, I'm not in corner of a LaPolice rehire...we can aim higher, but what I was saying is that it didn't matter what name was inserted there, you were a-shakin, and a-sighin.

He's not even hired yet.

Khari Jones? Nah..too buddy buddy...shaking and a sighin

Jason Maas? Nah..wouldn't pay for him..and he's too new...shaking and a sighin

Jarious Jackson? Nah..no experience...shaking and a sighin

Chad Allen? Just shaking all over..

That's my point...

just wanted to point out I only liked this post b/c of the Chad Allen reference...  :D

Also, the word you're looking for id c'mon.... unless you meant that his response was a common one... in which case "typical" would probably have been a better choice...

Common..

Anyway, I'm not in corner of a LaPolice rehire...we can aim higher, but what I was saying is that it didn't matter what name was inserted there, you were a-shakin, and a-sighin.

He's not even hired yet.

That's my point...

just wanted to point out I only liked this post b/c of the Chad Allen reference...  :D

Also, the word you're looking for id c'mon.... unless you meant that his response was a common one... in which case "typical" would probably have been a better choice...

Aw common Bearpants, leave Dee alone.

Common..

He's not even hired yet.

That's my point...

Sorry... I so often resist the urge to be a grammar nazi... sometimes it gets the better of me...

I do appreciate and enjoy Dee's posts... 

Common..

He's not even hired yet.

That's my point...

Sorry... I so often resist the urge to be a grammar nazi... sometimes it gets the better of me...

I do appreciate and enjoy Dee's posts... 

Yeah, because the first rule of pointing at someone else's perceived misstep is to be sure you don't get caught tripping over your own.  ;)

Common..

He's not even hired yet.

Jarious Jackson? Nah..no experience...shaking and a sighinChad Allen? Just shaking all over..

That's my point...

Well, I did use c'mon when I first broached the subject, but that was parroted in the reply. Really?

Anyways, using common was a way around that parroting....and it worked, in an unusual way. An uncommon opening, I grant you, and may have lead to confusion. Sorry about that.

Welcome to my world.

Common..

He's not even hired yet.

Jarious Jackson? Nah..no experience...shaking and a sighinChad Allen? Just shaking all over..

That's my point...

Well, I did use c'mon when I first broached the subject, but that was parroted in the reply. Really?

Anyways, using common was a way around that parroting....and it worked, in an unusual way. An uncommon opening, I grant you, and may have lead to confusion. Sorry about that.

Welcome to my world.

I just assumed it was auto correct. I text a lot with my wife and auto correct has gotten me in trouble a few times. I'd rip out all my hair over auto correct if I could actually if there was enough to grab.