Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year

gbill2004

According to Kirk Penton's weekly column, Wade Miller is already contacting other teams assistant coaches for opportunities with the Bombers next year.

I hope this is Wade doing it on behalf of O'Shea and that he's not meddling.

http://m.torontosun.com/2015/10/20/crossover-will-see-a-very-bad-cfl-team-make-playoffs

@CFL_News: #CFL Insiders: My coaches told me Wade Miller has already talked to a guy about being an asst coach next year 4 #Bombers. via @PentonKirk

I wonder how much meddling has gone on with some of the successful teams in this league? I'm at the point of not caring how it's done anymore, just that it's done ...

I believe it is quite common.  How many times have we seen free-agents signed to a contract 2 secs. after midnight on the day free-agency opens.

I have a feeling it's something that's being blown out of proportion. As mentioned, a conversation between Khari and Wade could be blown up into "Ermagherd1!!1 Termpering!!11!" pretty easily. But, if he is going around chatting with people, I'd hope that it's with permission from the football ops dept....

According to Kirk Penton's weekly column, Wade Miller is already contacting other teams assistant coaches for opportunities with the Bombers next year.

I hope this is Wade doing it on behalf of O'Shea and that he's not meddling.http://m.torontosun.com/2015/10/20/crossover-will-see-a-very-bad-cfl-team-make-playoffs

@CFL_News: #CFL Insiders: My coaches told me Wade Miller has already talked to a guy about being an asst coach next year 4 #Bombers. via @PentonKirk

If Miller hands MOS a sheet of paper with a list of three candidates but accidently the short stubby finger lingers over his preferred candidate, is that meddling?

I hope this is Wade doing it on behalf of O'Shea and that he's not meddling.http://m.torontosun.com/2015/10/20/crossover-will-see-a-very-bad-cfl-team-make-playoffs

If Miller hands MOS a sheet of paper with a list of three candidates but accidently the short stubby finger lingers over his preferred candidate, is that meddling?

Yes.  What I meant was that lets say O'Shea is interested in a guy to be an assistant next year.  In order to maintain good relationships with his peers, Wade might make the call, instead of O'Shea.  That's what I hope is happening and this isn't Wade going off on his own. 

Yes. What I meant was that lets say O'Shea is interested in a guy to be an assistant next year. In order to maintain good relationships with his peers, Wade might make the call, instead of O'Shea. That's what I hope is happening and this isn't Wade going off on his own.

Hope so too. But... who knows

Yes.  What I meant was that lets say O'Shea is interested in a guy to be an assistant next year.  In order to maintain good relationships with his peers, Wade might make the call, instead of O'Shea.  That's what I hope is happening and this isn't Wade going off on his own. 

*IF* there is anything untoward going on, I fully believe this to be the case. People like WM don't achieve as much success in business as he has, without doing things the right way. *******? Absolutely. Illegal to the point of jeopardizing everything you're trying to build? Nah.

More often than not, junior employees with responsibility for subordinates are very frequently given a candidate short list with a nudge and a wink. Potentially, MOS could be hiring his successor in the event he gets moved from the position, even voluntarily removed.

With the assertion that MB is getting whacked, MOS being busy with his two coaching gigs and "your saying I still got a chance" playoff spot, Miller could be doing the enabling boss thing.

My money is on MB getting whacked. The whole wide world of sports knows that he is the leper of the Great Plains.

Not Millers job. Shouldn't be done during the season. Unprofessional. 

You really want to leave this job to O'Shea?  His past player and coach recruitment record demonstrates that he has virtually no connections or ability to do this job well.  He is the antithesis of a schmoozer.

No. I really want to give the job to a new HC who's shown an ability to recognize a good coach when he sees one. I also want it to be done in a professional manner following the CFL protocol of asking to talk with coaches in the off season.

if this report is accurate, it undermines both Walters and O'Shea and goes a long way towards making Walters think very hard about the U of Guelph job. If O'Shea chooses his own people, he is due either praise or criticism for how things turn out. If he is being told who he should have, it emasculates him and absolves him of any responsibility. If he still has any pride left, he ought to resign, and this seems to explain why this team has been so screwed up for so long, just like when Bauer was here.

if this report is accurate, it undermines both Walters and O'Shea and goes a long way towards making Walters thing very hard about the U of Guelph job. If O'Shea chooses his own people, he is dues either praise or criticism for how things turn out. If he is being told who he should have, it emasculates him and absolves him of any responsibility. If he still has any pride left, he ought to resign, and this seems to explain why this team has been so screwed up for so long, just like when Bauer was here.

Maybe Wades not emasculating MOS but pushing him to grow a set in the way he operates re his coaching staff?

Penton got what he wanted in revealing this tidbit of info. and that is speculative talk. I suspect that, to some degree, it's true. To what degree, and how it was done has not been disclosed.

If Miller actually did the hiring of an asst....without support (MOS), then I don't like it. But talk like this is cheap, especially only pointing at the Bombers. (Only team doing this eh? Yeah right)

But, the good news is that we moving on from an asst.

Now, I wonder who that could be?

if this report is accurate, it undermines both Walters and O'Shea and goes a long way towards making Walters thing very hard about the U of Guelph job. If O'Shea chooses his own people, he is dues either praise or criticism for how things turn out. If he is being told who he should have, it emasculates him and absolves him of any responsibility. If he still has any pride left, he ought to resign, and this seems to explain why this team has been so screwed up for so long, just like when Bauer was here.

Maybe Wades not emasculating MOS but pushing him to grow a set in the way he operates re his coaching staff?
So somehow this is better?

I'd agree with you if there was evidence of malice by Miller. On the basis of probability, if four people were to exit the organization what is the probable order? Bellefuille, OShea, Walters, Miller? The order, I think, demonstrates who has the biggest set.

Heck, even Mike Tomlin and an entire coaching list across football, we're not souly chosen by the one up.

Would it be possible Wade is doing it to protect his GM and HC from any sort of tampering charge or accusations of unprofessionalism?  ie. Walters and MOS are in on the short list but Wade said hey Ill make a couple of friendly calls and if anyone asks you guys can deny it.

Yes, that was discussed on the first page of this post.  Highly likely in my opinion. 

Would it be possible Wade is doing it to protect his GM and HC from any sort of tampering charge or accusations of unprofessionalism?  ie. Walters and MOS are in on the short list but Wade said hey Ill make a couple of friendly calls and if anyone asks you guys can deny it.

Totally probable  .. but folks around these parts can't burn anyone at the stake if that's the case.