Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year

gbill2004

AA passed on a renewal and Calava was in system when Gibson was retained.

Stop looking for weird over-reaching conspiracy theories lol,

The Jay's ex- GM made it very clear that he decided to bail when Shapiro stepped right past him to meddle in the GM business.

Yea and its a known situation in MLB that having a hands on president is far more common then getting the treatment AA had under Beeston.

Toronto gave their gm a ton of leeway, he will be hard pressed to find it again. Also, you seemed to have glossed over the fact that the interim GM was already a Bluejay and would have given his nod of approval to keep Gibbons I would assume.

I think you have the timeline wrong. Shapiro went ahead and renewed Gibbons`contract which led to AA tendering his resignation. If you apply that behaviour to the Bombers, then it would be like Miller renewing O`Shea`s contract without consulting Walters, which would put Walters in an untenable position.

I had a few beers at a Jet game at the old Barn in 1979. I was Jets season ticketholder at the time. We were on the East side upper deck at the top in the concourse & media used to use the cat walk to get to the press box. They were virtually the same level as the upper concourse but perhaps 50 feet away. Well, I saw Harold Ballard & his sidekick at the time King Clancy walking on said catwalk as the Leafs were in town to play the Jets. Being the idiot half drunk guy, wanting to impress his friends, smart ass that I was, at the time, I yelled out, "Hey Clancy... You died last week but Harold forgot to tell you!" Well,as soon as I yelled that out, I even shocked myself. Both Ballard & Clancy stopped, looked around trying to see who'd say such a horrible thing. Even my friends & the crowd around me reacted with an "OOOOOH" . I couldn't believe I yelled out  what I did & immediately regretted it. Pretty cruel thing to say to Clancy as he was pretty old & died about a year later. One of the reasons why I completely quit drinking beer & never touch the stuff at games anymore. I'll never forget how stupid I was that day.

You're being too hard on yourself. :-)

I had a few beers at a Jet game at the old Barn in 1979. I was Jets season ticketholder at the time. We were on the East side upper deck at the top in the concourse & media used to use the cat walk to get to the press box. They were virtually the same level as the upper concourse but perhaps 50 feet away. Well, I saw Harold Ballard & his sidekick at the time King Clancy walking on said catwalk as the Leafs were in town to play the Jets. Being the idiot half drunk guy, wanting to impress his friends, smart ass that I was, at the time, I yelled out, "Hey Clancy... You died last week but Harold forgot to tell you!" Well,as soon as I yelled that out, I even shocked myself. Both Ballard & Clancy stopped, looked around trying to see who'd say such a horrible thing. Even my friends & the crowd around me reacted with an "OOOOOH" . I couldn't believe I yelled out  what I did & immediately regretted it. Pretty cruel thing to say to Clancy as he was pretty old & died about a year later. One of the reasons why I completely quit drinking beer & never touch the stuff at games anymore. I'll never forget how stupid I was that day.

Thanks but it was a cruel thing to do. Not one of my better moments. Pretty disrespectful to one of the NHL's all time great players of the first half of the 20th century & in the HHOF. But that's life. I learned from it. As my 29 year old son used to say when he was 10... "What a dumb kid!!"

Thanks but it was a cruel thing to do. Not one of my better moments. Pretty disrespectful to one of the NHL's all time great players of the first half of the 20th century & in the HHOF. But that's life. I learned from it. As my 29 year old son used to say when he was 10... "What a dumb kid!!"

The only people who believe they have not done or said something stupid and/or hurtful in their younger years are those who are into massive self-deception. Welcome to a very large club, and you do not have to be two sheets to the wind to qualify.

I just thank Christ for no social media when I was younger. The irreparable damage I would have done to my personal reputation....I don't even wanna think about it........ :s

But are you sure that you haven't done irreparable damage to yourself in this day and age? :D

(I have posted a ton of stuff since the early 2000's, so I cannot say so :( )

I have a family member (not immediate) who is always posting about weed on facebook. And asking if anybody has some. Kid is 19 & I just shake my head. Guess in 6 months it'll be legal.

Well at least you always have a customer, or do you hog all that weed you grow for yourself? :P

I met Harold Ballard once when I lived in Calgary. It was around the time of Ralph Klein's Eastern bums and creeps comment. He gave me his business card - it was a cartoon of him in a Leafs uniform with a puck chained to a stick. It was pretty cool.

Harold was a party animal. Chicks dug him. ;)

AA passed on a renewal and Calava was in system when Gibson was retained.

Stop looking for weird over-reaching conspiracy theories lol,

The Jay's ex- GM made it very clear that he decided to bail when Shapiro stepped right past him to meddle in the GM business.

Yea and its a known situation in MLB that having a hands on president is far more common then getting the treatment AA had under Beeston.

Toronto gave their gm a ton of leeway, he will be hard pressed to find it again. Also, you seemed to have glossed over the fact that the interim GM was already a Bluejay and would have given his nod of approval to keep Gibbons I would assume.

I think you have the timeline wrong. Shapiro went ahead and renewed Gibbons`contract which led to AA tendering his resignation. If you apply that behaviour to the Bombers, then it would be like Miller renewing O`Shea`s contract without consulting Walters, which would put Walters in an untenable position.

Uhhhh... No? Gibs was AA's guy the whole time. Why would he have balked at the idea of keeping him here? AA was admonished for his burning of the farm players and was told he would need to get approval on doing that in the future. Creative differences caused AA to walk.

Lol I have checked, but never been posted on there, just never know who you've pissed off enough to waste their time bashin you. But I did find a few ppl I know who were put on there by jaded exs or guys they played... such a useless site

yea i was just razzin.. ive purused it to see what crap was being flung at some friends and exes as well.. the site is pure garbage and it saddens me to think that guy proably got rich off it..

I met Harold Ballard once when I lived in Calgary. It was around the time of Ralph Klein's Eastern bums and creeps comment. He gave me his business card - it was a cartoon of him in a Leafs uniform with a puck chained to a stick. It was pretty cool.

Harold was a party animal. Chicks dug him. ;)

Ballard was a pig, but a rich one. Money has always been a sexual attractant.

Lol I have checked, but never been posted on there, just never know who you've pissed off enough to waste their time bashin you. But I did find a few ppl I know who were put on there by jaded exs or guys they played... such a useless site

I'm out of the loop here.  What is this you speak of?  This some kind of date rating site?