wow- we suck. why have sucked for so long?

Wanna-B-Fanboy

Now, I'm not blaming the fans here at all but... part of the problem is the lack of patience around here, I'll be the first to admit i Want MB gone but i've wanted him gone for a long time now but.. after every loss, fans lose their minds and want everyone gone. I'm not saying the fans are the reason but... at the same time, we need to show patience, the BOD needs to show patience, you can't keep firing guys every 2 years or so and expecting someone else to come in and be a god immediately and if he's not, he's shown the door and the cycle keeps repeating itself. The other problem is QBs, we haven't had a legit QB in years, we got one now in Willy but the OC is getting him killed so really, it's like we don't even have a QB anymore. Nichols is ok, he's not great, he's not awful, he's just ok, good backup really but probably not a starter. 

The main reason tho in my opinion, at least this year and last... our OC, we are dead last in many categories, our D is pretty good, our special teams not so much but again that's lack of talent there, young canadians really learning on the fly... Jake Thomas is the only played Joe Mack drafted that is still on the roster for us, that's a problem.. Our drafting hasn't been good, some of the guys walters have taken have shown the ability to play but they are also rookie and or 2nd year players... really lack those vet canadians out there and the ones we do have just aren't good. Pontbriand, Cronk,Remple to name a few. 

There is no magic formula here, i think firing the OC would be a step in the right direction tho. 

I think for years we got a reputation around the league of an organization that lacks patience and fires people way too quickly at times, some justified, some maybe not.. it takes time to reverse that reputation, stability is important and for a long time we have had no stability at all.. front office on down really...

You look around the league at the really good teams, Calgary..stability. Hamilton has stability now, didn't for years but finally do.. Montreal has stability, Popp has been the man for a long time, BC, not so good but stability there for sure with Buono. It's something we have lacked... I also think if you look back at our OC's the last several years you will see a whole lot of terrible coaches, Crowtown and MB come to mind right away... why do we have to settle for these guys tho? Probably because of our instability as an organization, do coaches want to come here and coach and be fired in 2 years if things don't go well? Probably not, they want the ability to build a team, it takes some time, our Canadian depth was so poor for so many years, this goes back to  Taman trading away our picks for vets, it goes back to Mike Kelly gutting the team, it goes back to Joe mack having only 1 drafted player still on the team.. it takes time to repair that damage. 

In the CFL, you are only as good as your QB's and your Canadians... for years we have really had neither. 

You hear about players like Eric Norwood who was on our NEG list but didn't want to come here, why is that? he's not the only one either, he's just the guy that sticks out to me at the moment, why didn't he want to come here? Lack of stability i bet played a role cuz when you really think about it, i'll bet for lots of players in the CFL... cost of living is an important factor... outside of regina, i'll bet winnipeg is a lot cheaper of a place to live then say toronto montreal or vancouver yet players still don't want to come here.. why? once we figure out the why, i think you will find that the answer to the question of why have we been so bad for so long will be right in front of your face. 

It's not about patience. First you hire the right folks, then you keep them around. Keeping the wrong folks around too long is part of the problem and firing folks mid-season is another part of the problem. 

This season's done. Pretty much everyone knows this. Sure it would be nice to make the folks responsible pay right away, but then you have to replace them and good coaches have jobs right now. Wait until the day after the season's over then flush the coaching staff and maybe Walters too. Start the search for replacements right now so we're ready to go.

Now, I'm not blaming the fans here at all but... part of the problem is the lack of patience around here, I'll be the first to admit i Want MB gone but i've wanted him gone for a long time now but.. after every loss, fans lose their minds and want everyone gone. I'm not saying the fans are the reason but... at the same time, we need to show patience, the BOD needs to show patience, you can't keep firing guys every 2 years or so and expecting someone else to come in and be a god immediately and if he's not, he's shown the door and the cycle keeps repeating itself. The other problem is QBs, we haven't had a legit QB in years, we got one now in Willy but the OC is getting him killed so really, it's like we don't even have a QB anymore. Nichols is ok, he's not great, he's not awful, he's just ok, good backup really but probably not a starter. 

The main reason tho in my opinion, at least this year and last... our OC, we are dead last in many categories, our D is pretty good, our special teams not so much but again that's lack of talent there, young canadians really learning on the fly... Jake Thomas is the only played Joe Mack drafted that is still on the roster for us, that's a problem.. Our drafting hasn't been good, some of the guys walters have taken have shown the ability to play but they are also rookie and or 2nd year players... really lack those vet canadians out there and the ones we do have just aren't good. Pontbriand, Cronk,Remple to name a few. 

There is no magic formula here, i think firing the OC would be a step in the right direction tho. 

I think for years we got a reputation around the league of an organization that lacks patience and fires people way too quickly at times, some justified, some maybe not.. it takes time to reverse that reputation, stability is important and for a long time we have had no stability at all.. front office on down really...

You look around the league at the really good teams, Calgary..stability. Hamilton has stability now, didn't for years but finally do.. Montreal has stability, Popp has been the man for a long time, BC, not so good but stability there for sure with Buono. It's something we have lacked... I also think if you look back at our OC's the last several years you will see a whole lot of terrible coaches, Crowtown and MB come to mind right away... why do we have to settle for these guys tho? Probably because of our instability as an organization, do coaches want to come here and coach and be fired in 2 years if things don't go well? Probably not, they want the ability to build a team, it takes some time, our Canadian depth was so poor for so many years, this goes back to  Taman trading away our picks for vets, it goes back to Mike Kelly gutting the team, it goes back to Joe mack having only 1 drafted player still on the team.. it takes time to repair that damage. 

In the CFL, you are only as good as your QB's and your Canadians... for years we have really had neither. 

You hear about players like Eric Norwood who was on our NEG list but didn't want to come here, why is that? he's not the only one either, he's just the guy that sticks out to me at the moment, why didn't he want to come here? Lack of stability i bet played a role cuz when you really think about it, i'll bet for lots of players in the CFL... cost of living is an important factor... outside of regina, i'll bet winnipeg is a lot cheaper of a place to live then say toronto montreal or vancouver yet players still don't want to come here.. why? once we figure out the why, i think you will find that the answer to the question of why have we been so bad for so long will be right in front of your face. 

I believe the rights for Norwood were traded to Hamilton...and that is because he was coached by Kent Austin...had nothing to do with him not wanting to come here.

It's not about patience. First you hire the right folks, then you keep them around. Keeping the wrong folks around too long is part of the problem and firing folks mid-season is another part of the problem. 

This season's done. Pretty much everyone knows this. Sure it would be nice to make the folks responsible pay right away, but then you have to replace them and good coaches have jobs right now. Wait until the day after the season's over then flush the coaching staff and maybe Walters too. Start the search for replacements right now so we're ready to go.

Yup. Almost a third of the season left and two teams within a game of us but hey, lets just shut er down..

Unreal.

I like MB. And I'm no expert but doesn't it seem a virtual certainty that he will not be here next season? So why not can him now and see why some fresh blood can do for the last few games. It at least allows some good soldiers the opportunity to gain experience and potentially audition for the job.

I know there is always the fear that firing a key person will plummet the team into a worse position. But there is a time when you have to crap or get off the pot.

It's a NINE team league. Teams are very transient. The idea you need a 5 year plan in the CFL to turn things around is absurd. MOS and Walters are flat lining, if not going backwards. There's dozens of examples demonstrating that you dont need to give every regime 3 years minimum to prove they can do it. Either you make good choices at hiring and signing or you don't. This crew of losers have proved they cant. Move on.

Yup. Almost a third of the season left and two teams within a game of us but hey, lets just shut er down..

Unreal.

As I said Pretty much everyone knows we're done. You're the exception that proves the rule I guess.

Only one of Skn, BC, Wpg and Mtl makes the playoffs.

We're 2 points down on Montreal and they have a game in hand. We play Calgary and Edmonton in the next 2 games. Any guess what the results will be? Montreal gets SKN next week and should be 4 points up on us with a game in hand. Ott the next week is a better chance of a win for them than Edm for us. We could be officially out of the playoffs in 2 weeks.

Unreal.

Yeah we got em right where we want em.

A couple reasons. 1) we have been quick to re tool coaching and had been slow to re build management. We havent given a qb and OC a good period of time to develop a winning offence. And weve constantly been taking other teams end cuts or straight up no names for oc. Similar can be said of HC. I think MoS is a good development guy who will be a good hc in the cfl. Im not sure he will get the time to do it here though. But between him and dave ritchie there is an awful lot of crap at HC. 

There are only soo many top notch cfl team runners out there. And we havent had one in a long long time. Tbh id keep walters and MoS hoping they develop into that for another year or two easily. Unless, we had a plug and play top cfl mind come available to us. 

I havent looked at numbers but id bet my dog we have had more OCs from 2000-2015 then any other cfl team. Probably more starting qbs too.

I don't think we're regressing or going backwards. Realistically, I'd like to see what we could do next year with a healthy Drew Willy coupled with a competent OC.

That being said, Walters is probably gone which could mean a whole new hierarchy. Still going to hope for a healthy Drew Willy and a competent OC. It will be interesting to see what direction we go in if Walters leaves.

Some players and coaches will not come here because it is Winnipeg. Not TO, Vancouver, or Calgary. Winnipeg is a small time city with big city problems. Those other three have way more to offer. Some guys also want to play for a winner and to do that you don't want to be in Winnipeg.

With every loss another nail is hammered into the Blue Bomber coffin on another miserable year. The season is lost. We'll be 4-10 after the next 2 weeks. The people calling for patience will grow quieter & quieter. Even if we somehow miraculously made the playoffs, so what? We'll get destroyed anyway. I didn't see a lot of fight yesterday, I saw a team that quit. Special teams were brutal & offensively we were just as bad. Yeah, the defense at least tried but to say the team never quit? Nope, they did.

This season was lost the second Drew Willy hurt his knee. The only way to give us a fighting chance at this point is for Picard & Bellfool to lose their jobs.

Any team that loses their starter is done. As fans we hope the next guy can get it done or the Defense can pick it up etc..  Bottom line is you guys were in trouble as soon as Willy went down.  Our season was over less than 30 minutes into the first game, plain and simple.

This season was lost the second Drew Willy hurt his knee. The only way to give us a fighting chance at this point is for Picard & Bellfool to lose their jobs.

Any team that loses their starter is done. As fans we hope the next guy can get it done or the Defense can pick it up etc..  Bottom line is you guys were in trouble as soon as Willy went down.  Our season was over less than 30 minutes into the first game, plain and simple.

I bet you guys keep telling yourselves that to justify the season!  :P