Pat Tracy Fired

saskbluefan

embarrassing that they make a firing and MB stays.

MB sucks...but it's hard to blame him for having to gameplan around Brohm as his starter. There isn't a coordinator in the CFL past or present that was going to be able to do anything of value with him,

Your argument would have merit if this was the first time that MB has struggled as an OC, but seeing that struggling is what he's done best over his entire career, it's hard to pin that on Brohm.  Brohm just makes the issue easier to see.

Anyway, that's two of his initial three coordinator picks fired with MB clearly heading down the same road.  Not a shrewd judge of coaching talent, our young Mike.

<edited for typo>

Now O'shea has an excuse not to fire MB until the end of the year. Firing two coordinators mid season is pretty unheard of and would put the team into a tailspin I would think. 

Exactly.... This all but guarantees MB will remain the OC until at least the end of the season... WHOOPEE!!!

As much as I want to see MB replaced, we really have no viable replacement in house to take on his responsibilities.  Everyone pisses and moans about hiring an "inexperienced" GM and HC .. but who is there on our staff with ANY experience running or designing an offense?  Howell?  Buck?  These guys are position coaches and while one of them could potentially make that leap .. anything they implement at this point of the season will simply be an extension of what MB already has in place. 

You elevate either of those guys to OC now, it won't make a lick of difference and you'll have the same people bitching about newbies.

It's not a scheme problem when the punter puts the ball between the hashmarks. Make one guy miss and it's a TD.

Agreed, that's the first thing I noticed on the play... not only was the punt right down the middle it also had no hang time ... the ST unit was basically SOL right from the beginning... Lirim shoulders most of the blame for that particular punt return...

Yep great point. I was against the wind and LH was just trying to kick it as far as he could, instead of concentrating on putting it to a corner (which he is usually good at). We say someone 'vacated' a lane but the punt cover team in the huddle knows where the ball (as in what side) is being kicked too - and it's never kicked 'in the middle'. There's just so many things going on during a punting play that we really don't know. 

But that being said - 3 TD returns from punts and it's only the halfway mark is unacceptable, but so is our crappy defense (if you bothered watching the Eskie/Cal game - lots of two and outs there but didn't see a D get 'tired' - that "our D got tired in the second half" excuse a lot of you use around here is pure BS) and pathetic offense. At least we're consistent all across the board. Except for the fans - fans are still the best IMO. 

Other teams put punts up the middle on occasion......and it is not an automatic TD.   But that said, everthing about the ST's ....from the kicking to the coverage, to the kick returns, to all the dumb penalties..... has been subpar

On the other side of the field.....Brohm, to some extent..... actually did what he was supposed to do in the Marcel O - completed the balls underneath and avoided turnovers.    Think about it.  And be very afraid.

Other teams put punts up the middle on occasion......and it is not an automatic TD.   But that said, everthing about the ST's ....from the kicking to the coverage, to the kick returns, to all the dumb penalties..... has been subpar

On the other side of the field.....Brohm, to some extent..... actually did what he was supposed to do in the Marcel O - completed the balls underneath and avoided turnovers.    Think about it.  And be very afraid.

Fair enough but he had no other reads?  I'm assuming we had a few receivers running routes more than five yards.

The only thing good about the special teams this have been the long snaps and that's sad. No kick off or punt returns, not very good coverage, shoddy punts, biting nail point afters. Does firing Tracy make all this repair itself, probably not but from the Bombers pov is deflects the real culprits to this tragedy for at least another week.

Here's the weird thing about Hajrullahu as a punter.  He is awesome at the coffin corner punts, so why would he suddenly become unable to aim his punts properly when he is further out from the opposing endzone?  That doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe that's a failure of the coaches because he clearly has the ability to punt directionally in some situations.

It's not a scheme problem when the punter puts the ball between the hashmarks. Make one guy miss and it's a TD.

Agreed, that's the first thing I noticed on the play... not only was the punt right down the middle it also had no hang time ... the ST unit was basically SOL right from the beginning... Lirim shoulders most of the blame for that particular punt return...

Yep great point. I was against the wind and LH was just trying to kick it as far as he could, instead of concentrating on putting it to a corner (which he is usually good at). We say someone 'vacated' a lane but the punt cover team in the huddle knows where the ball (as in what side) is being kicked too - and it's never kicked 'in the middle'. There's just so many things going on during a punting play that we really don't know. 

But that being said - 3 TD returns from punts and it's only the halfway mark is unacceptable, but so is our crappy defense (if you bothered watching the Eskie/Cal game - lots of two and outs there but didn't see a D get 'tired' - that "our D got tired in the second half" excuse a lot of you use around here is pure BS) and pathetic offense. At least we're consistent all across the board. Except for the fans - fans are still the best IMO. 

For the record Troy Westwood said that LH followed Bob Cameron's golden rule when kicking into the wind by hitying it low and as far as he could. The TD return is on the players and/or scheme set up for that type of punt. Having said that giving up 3 punt returns for td's in 10 games is not very good.

I don't know how firing Tracy and MOS now having to take on ST duties will help this team but  the yhad to do something and firing Bell-fail is not an option at this point in the season. He is here to stay at least this year and for all we know they love his scheme and are blaming the woes on offence on lack of execution by the players.

For the record Troy Westwood said that LH followed Bob Cameron's golden rule when kicking into the wind by hitying it low and as far as he could. The TD return is on the players and/or scheme set up for that type of punt. Having said that giving up 3 punt returns for td's in 10 games is not very good.

I don't know how firing Tracy and MOS now having to take on ST duties will help this team but  the yhad to do something and firing Bell-fail is not an option at this point in the season. He is here to stay at least this year and for all we know they love his scheme and are blaming the woes on offence on lack of execution by the players.

If they blame the losses to the "lack of execution of the players" then that really falls to O'Shea. That's the very reason claimed by Chamblin why the Riders lose their first 9 games.

MB sucks...but it's hard to blame him for having to gameplan around Brohm as his starter. There isn't a coordinator in the CFL past or present that was going to be able to do anything of value with him,

This was Brohm's first game as a starter but this was our tenth game with only three wins to show. Had we been 6-3 it would be acceptable to excuse MB for this last game. I'm not sure all OC's would have tried to run Walker up the gut or have Brohm constantly throw 4-5 yard passes. If MB stays for the season he will take O'Shea with him and around she goes with a new regime.

It's not hard to blame him.  The only QB who has been able to win in his scheme is Willy... and I'd argue he has the tools and ability to be more successful.

You can only cycle in so many players with unsuccessful results... we've been doing that since MB came in.  Nice guy, probably an OK coach, but we've brought in top-end OL talent and we're still getting crushed on pass rushes. 

For every person that argues "it's hard to blame Bellefeuille for having to gameplan around Brohm;" I say "it's just as hard to blame Brohm in a Bellefeuille offense."  Brohm's not a CFL starting quality QB, but Bellefeuille's scheme is also not CFL quality.

I agree. LH cost this man's job.

It was not LH that cost him his job how many contacting the kicker penalties have we seen under Tracey he clearly isn't stressing how important NOT to contact the kicker and give the Offence another chance, I think its between 4-6 penalties and I don't remember that many in the previous 10 years...Then you add the coverage and we let players right up the middle you have a scheme issue not a kicking issue....

I don't know how anyone can honestly believe Marcel Bellefeuille is a good offensive coordinator who deserves to keep his job.

His gameplanning and ability to utilize players properly is absolutely atrocious. We sign Chevon Walker this week and dress him ... never believed it was a smart move to begin with ... but at least give the guy a chance to make an impact. His assets are best used when you get him into space and what does MB do? Call plays to run him up the gut the entire day. What a joke.

Don't even get me started on Nick Moore and Clarence Denmark, who are stud receivers who have basically been brought down to the level of short yardage possession receivers. Two touchdowns between them all year. Find a way to get these guys open.

Last time we threw a touchdown to a receiver? August 9th. On a sweep. It's a joke. This offense is honestly embarrassing, it's getting worse and I find it insulting that anyone within the club expects any of us to believe it's not Marcel. Is it just a coincidence that he's done the exact same things anywhere he has ever been? Is it just the players every time? Biggest coincidence in the world that no matter where he goes, stud players end up looking like garbage?

For as good as Drew Willy can make this offense look periodically, I want to flip it around and pose a question to everyone - can you guys imagine how good Willy could look in a REAL offense?

Here's the weird thing about Hajrullahu as a punter.  He is awesome at the coffin corner punts, so why would he suddenly become unable to aim his punts properly when he is further out from the opposing endzone?  That doesn't make sense to me.  Maybe that's a failure of the coaches because he clearly has the ability to punt directionally in some situations.

If you can figure out the answer to that question it might also explain why he has no problem with 50 yd. FG's but screws up converts.

I can confirm that this is Bob Cameron's position on kicking into the wind.  I've heard him say it first hand.