Pat Tracy Fired

saskbluefan

But what if MOS already had a lot of input into the Special Teams and nothng is working who takes the next bullet. Apparently MB is going nowhere, so who is management going to blame next week.

Do you really think MOS is going to say at his presser, "Yes, if we don't win this week and the offense still sucks, I'm firing Marcel"?

But what if MOS already had a lot of input into the Special Teams and nothng is working who takes the next bullet. Apparently MB is going nowhere, so who is management going to blame next week.

Do you really think MOS is going to say at his presser, "Yes, if we don't win this week and the offense still sucks, I'm firing Marcel"?

Oshea says nothing at the best of times. 

First i don't think MOS has the power to fire anyone he may have a say but management controls that part of the team. And yes it would be a breathe of fresh air if MOS would light a fire under this team because being everyone's friend is not working

Oshea says nothing at the best of times.

O'Shea saying nothing is best at times.

First i don't think MOS has the power to fire anyone he may have a say but management controls that part of the team. And yes it would be a breathe of fresh air if MOS would light a fire under this team because being everyone's friend is not working

How about saying "The team has to have a better showing or their will be more jobs on the line including mine."?

How about saying "The team has to have a better showing or their will be more jobs on the line including mine."?

Why do you need to say that when everyone in every sport everywhere knows that's true without it having to be said?

I'd love to know what kind of discussions took place that lead up to this firing.  Did O'Shea initiate this himself?  Was he pressured by Walters/Miller?

Considering that O'Shea has reportedly been getting more and more involved in special teams in the weeks leading up to this I don't think it's a stretch to think that this came from O'Shea himself. He saw a problem, tried to help and see if it got better without having to fire someone, it did not so he pulled the trigger. 

I don't know why people think O'Shea is blind and doesn't know what's wrong with this team. I guarantee that he knows damned well what the problems on this team are, he's a smart guy even if he doesn't say it in the media. 

I'd love to know what kind of discussions took place that lead up to this firing.  Did O'Shea initiate this himself?  Was he pressured by Walters/Miller?

Considering that O'Shea has reportedly been getting more and more involved in special teams in the weeks leading up to this I don't think it's a stretch to think that this came from O'Shea himself. He saw a problem, tried to help and see if it got better without having to fire someone, it did not so he pulled the trigger. 

I don't know why people think O'Shea is blind and doesn't know what's wrong with this team. I guarantee that he knows damned well what the problems on this team are, he's a smart guy even if he doesn't say it in the media.

If that's so we should expect some more changes. Starts with Nichols, I feel MB has a couple of games to make that work now.

I think the pressure came from Walters/ Miller. MOS was consulted as he should be or you undermine him in front of the other coaches and players

I watched the presser video on O'Shea announcing Tracy's firing and I took a few things away from it:

- When asked about the offence there was not one word about confidence or support for MB

- O'Shea actually acknowledged that things aren't working - None of this we're moving in the right direction crap

- He didn't try too much of his non answer answer stuff or his "I don't see it that way" response when some of the bad stuff got pointed out

- It's clear that he's feeling the heat and knows that the clock is running down.  He used to play well under pressure, now let's see if he can coach that way too

It's just too bad that it's had to get this bad before his started actually being real during these interviews, but hey, maybe he's learning.

Why do you need to say that when everyone in every sport everywhere knows that's true without it having to be said?

Because it shows a pulse. It's a **** lot better than the deer in the headlights response he gives currently.

He was supposed to be the accountability coach and it be nice to see some of that.

Because it shows a pulse. It's a **** lot better than the deer in the headlights response he gives currently.

He was supposed to be the accountability coach and it be nice to see some of that.

No it doesn't. I watched the clip on the bombers website this afternoon, he said quite a bit in there. I don't see what the problem is other than some people want the ranting and raving like the lunatic fan base. 

No it doesn't. I watched the clip on the bombers website this afternoon, he said quite a bit in there. I don't see what the problem is other than some people want the ranting and raving like the lunatic fan base. 

I don't want ranting. I want evidence things are changing and the firing of Tracy is not enough. I want evidence he understands how poorly his team is showing and that he has the brains to walk off the field and discuss the game without having to watch film to see what's wrong. Show us something that says he understands the play is not good enough and that continuing to do little to nothing isn't good enough.

And stop ******* smirking on the sidelines as the team is self destructing.

The arrogance of some people to think that of he's not telling the media and fans what's going on, then he's not being accountable. What makes MOS a great coach, and one that players want to play for, is that he's accountable in private, and doesn't throw people under the bus publicly.

I don't want ranting. I want evidence things are changing and the firing of Tracy is not enough. I want evidence he understands how poorly his team is showing and that he has the brains to walk off the field and discuss the game without having to watch film to see what's wrong. Show us something that says he understands the play is not good enough and that continuing to do little to nothing isn't good enough.

And stop ******* smirking on the sidelines as the team is self destructing.

Have you actually watched he video?  You should.  

http://bluebombers.com/video/index/id/115915

The arrogance of some people to think that of he's not telling the media and fans what's going on, then he's not being accountable. What makes MOS a great coach, and one that players want to play for, is that he's accountable in private, and doesn't throw people under the bus publicly.

Great coaches don't have losing records and don't get blown out to the Riders. Great coaches also dont wait until its already to late to make changes.

O Shea at this point is a shittier coach then Mike Kelly. Even that arrogant prick at least changed the offense after it clearly didn't work.

Hopefully he grows as a coach, gets some bawls and make the obvious change on offense.

Great coaches don't have losing records and don't get blown out to the Riders. Great coaches also dont wait until its already to late to make changes.

O Shea at this point is a shittier coach then Mike Kelly. Even that arrogant prick at least changed the offense after it clearly didn't work.

Hopefully he grows as a coach, gets some bawls and make the obvious change on offense.

Troy westwood said that the players loved playing for Jeff Reinbold.

You can't compare Jeff and Mike.  Jeff was a mouth piece.  He's a PR guy through and through.  He could lose every game and talk you into believing that they were still going to win the Grey Cup.  Mike is a different guy altogether.  He reminds me of the silent but deadly type.  That guy that you always thought was the good next door neighbor and behind doors he would rip your head off (although not to that extreme).  But who knows, maybe the guy just doesn't get mad.