Pat Tracy Fired

saskbluefan

embarrassing that they make a firing and MB stays.

MB sucks...but it's hard to blame him for having to gameplan around Brohm as his starter. There isn't a coordinator in the CFL past or present that was going to be able to do anything of value with him,

By the same token those Special Teams units that just got their coach fired employ a lot of Kyle Walter's supposed improved Canadian depth.  I mean it's hard to believe that Nic Demski and AJ Jefferson running straight forward for punt return touchdowns were the result of being out schemed.  Seems more likely we just got out physicalled.     

MB sucks...but it's hard to blame him for having to gameplan around Brohm as his starter. There isn't a coordinator in the CFL past or present that was going to be able to do anything of value with him,

By the same token those Special Teams units that just got their coach fired employ a lot of Kyle Walter's supposed improved Canadian depth.  I mean it's hard to believe that Nic Demski and AJ Jefferson running straight forward for punt return touchdowns were the result of being out schemed.  Seems more likely we just got out physicalled.     

The availability to run straight ahead is indeed a scheme problem. On Demski's run, there was a gap vacated. It was a brain fart on the part of the player, and these brain farts have been happening far too often.

If a returner gets the edge that's more of a personnel problem. A PR should never go straight up the middle.

I like this move but Bellefeuille still needs to go.  Bombers have allowed 3 punt returns for TD’s this season.  The rest of the league has allowed a combined total of 4 punt return TD’s. 

This shows some growth from MOS and puts Bellefeuille on notice.  We now have two competent coordinators in Hall and O’Shea.   Replace Bellefeuille with a young innovative CFL mind and we’re in good shape.   

Way too much lack of execution and mistakes on ST's.....had to be done. At least MOS is forced to step up and start getting a tighter grip on things......

Say what you want about MOS as a HC, but we just upgraded our ST coordinator significantly.

MOS has been right in the middle of ST for several weeks now. Not sure what he's going to do differently than he already has been.

The availability to run straight ahead is indeed a scheme problem. On Demski's run, there was a gap vacated. It was a brain fart on the part of the player, and these brain farts have been happening far too often.

If a returner gets the edge that's more of a personnel problem. A PR should never go straight up the middle.

On Demski's TD it was a line drive punt. The Bomber players were still 15 yards away when Demski caught the ball.

And Mike O'Shea is taking over.  

Not usually a big fan of a HC wearing coordinator hats, but in this case it had to be done. IF it's true.

It's been officially announced by the Bombers. It is true. http://www.bluebombers.com/article/bombers-relieve-special-teams-coordinator-of-duties

It's not a scheme problem when the punter puts the ball between the hashmarks. Make one guy miss and it's a TD.

Agreed, that's the first thing I noticed on the play... not only was the punt right down the middle it also had no hang time ... the ST unit was basically SOL right from the beginning... Lirim shoulders most of the blame for that particular punt return...

I think this is a step in the right direction but probably not enough to change our season. Overall the roster and coaches still have too many problems.

However, it definitely is something that should help the team, so kudos to Osh for getting rid of Tracy.

Lirim is having a huge negative impact on our ST unit and I think now with Tracy gone the blame will finally go to him.