August 23 practice report

gbill2004

Marve is starting tho and it's been confirmed.

Even makes more sense to split his reps though right?
Doesn't matter who the starter is they'd split reps on day 1 of a long week (4 or 5 full practices).
Sure if your talking about a Vet Qb yeah or a backup that can actually move the offense but that ain't the case here is it? But but but here we go.Brohm should be gone period.

Wouldn't it make even more sense to spread the reps around then early in the week? Anyways, I'm done feeding this trolling garbage. If you want to talk football, join in anytime.

No you promote Davis but whatever you want Brohm hey your probably going to get him.

The bigger miss was Waud.  I'm not a fan of "projects."  Waud immediately would have been a player for us.

Exactly. You pass on him for a project in Wauld and then take another project in Morgan.

Man Morgan has been absolutely terrible. I don't understand how a Canadian player can be so bad on special teams.

If we're starting too many Canadians, why not start Jasper over Hurl?

If we are starting 9 Cdn because they are the best players so be it? But I don't buy that. Play 7 and then the best players. What is MOS trying to prove?

Who even said we are starting 9 canadians?! Its practice for christ sakes!

I fully believe MOS and Walters are big time pro-NI guys and would start 42 of they could. I think, being NIs themselves, they kinda carry a chip on their shoulder about the whole thing. I honestly think they're trying to make a point by starting extra NIs...

I fully believe MOS and Walters are big time pro-NI guys and would start 42 of they could. I think, being NIs themselves, they kinda carry a chip on their shoulder about the whole thing. I honestly think they're trying to make a point by starting extra NIs...

And missing the playoffs for the second year in a row is going to make a great point.

Teams "starting" the minimum 7 NI's are the exception, not the norm.  There's not really a point to be made, just allows for your roster on one side of the ball to not get shredded if you suffer an in-game injury.

Brohm may be a bigger issue than he appears to be. What kind of message does it send to a team that the former #2 quarterback is totally inept but the team cannot find anyone better to replace him?

As far as using Simmons to replace Hurl for the next game, if Simmons can step in and instantly be better than Hurl, it would mean two things: that Hurl is horrible and Simmons is superhuman.

Interesting perspective. Thanks for that.

Cleaned up some posts in the thread.  Keep it on discussion and stop the pissing matches by dragging down posters.  Really shouldn't have to lock another thread here.  You don't need to insult someone if you disagree with them.

Of course they are splitting reps between Marve and Brohm.   Practice is a teaching and learning session, it's not a game.  As a coach, you give your starter some reps, then you discuss what he did.  You don't stop practice while having this discussion, you put the "other" guy in.  Then you go back to your starter to give him more reps.   Practice can also be a grind, and you don't want to wear your starter out.

Typically, by the time you get to #3, you may actually be running scout on offence to give your defense some looks of what the other team does.

Cleaned up some posts in the thread.  Keep it on discussion and stop the pissing matches by dragging down posters.  Really shouldn't have to lock another thread here.  You don't need to insult someone if you disagree with them.

I prefer to think of it as trying to drag them up.

Of course they are splitting reps between Marve and Brohm.   Practice is a teaching and learning session, it's not a game.  As a coach, you give your starter some reps, then you discuss what he did.  You don't stop practice while having this discussion, you put the "other" guy in.  Then you go back to your starter to give him more reps.   Practice can also be a grind, and you don't want to wear your starter out.

Typically, by the time you get to #3, you may actually be running scout on offence to give your defense some looks of what the other team does.

What is scout?

What is scout?