August 23 practice report

gbill2004

I'm at practice right now:

Pat Neufeld playing RT. Starting 4 Canadians on the OL today. There's a new OL here today...number 62, white guy with a pony tail.

Super high energy practice today.

Guys not practicing: Richards, Darvin Adams, Gibson, Tyler.

Jasper Simmons is taking reps at Khalil Bass's spot. Hurl still at MLB. Bass returned to his regular spot shortly after Simmons got a few reps.

Lots of practicing special teams. Some blocking drills I've never seen at practice before. Appear to be drills to open up lanes for the returner.

O'Shea very involved in special teams today, he's almost co-leading, like we have 2 special teams coordinators.

Marve and Brohm splitting reps fairly evenly. Davis now getting some reps with first team offense; he looks good, quick release.

It's about time Mike O got involved in special teams...How he allowed it to degrade to the state it is now is beyond me....I hope Tracey is paying attention and can use that info. to improve.....orrrrrr I think his arse is on the line..Thanx for the report gbill..

Thanks for the info.

some people posted here that Neufeld would do better at right tackle.

new O lineman that hasn't been mentioned here that i've heard.

fans aren't the only ones unhappy with O line.

Richards hasn't done much this year. played in one game I think.

Richards is somewhat of a project... Harty hasn't done much for Ottawa and Durant might have 2 or 3 catches all season, The only guy who looks pretty good is Demski and even then it depends on which Game you are watching, 1 game he shows up, makes one or 2 catches, next he's invisible. 

If we are starting 9 Cdn because they are the best players so be it? But I don't buy that. Play 7 and then the best players. What is MOS trying to prove?

We've started 8 all season and starting Neufeld at RT makes the most sense. But I'd hope we aren't starting 9 this week and instead start an import elsewhere, like Veltung for JFG.

Marve is starting tho and it's been confirmed.

Even makes more sense to split his reps though right?

Doesn't matter who the starter is they'd split reps on day 1 of a long week (4 or 5 full practices).

Sure if your talking about a Vet Qb yeah or a backup that can actually move the offense but that ain't the case here is it? But but but here we go.Brohm should be gone period.

Doesn't matter who the starter is they'd split reps on day 1 of a long week (4 or 5 full practices).

Sure if your talking about a Vet Qb yeah or a backup that can actually move the offense but that ain't the case here is it? But but but here we go.Brohm should be gone period.

And if Willy was healthy he might be... But he's not so really, you need Brohm to stick around a bit longer... It's an odd thing to complain about really tho. 

I'm not a huge Brohm fan and i agree he should be gone but... Think about it... Marve,Brohm,Davis... New kid they just brought in... You get rid of Brohm now and that stable is a huge question mark... it is with brohm but at least and yeah i agree he should be gone, but... At least you got a guy with some CFL experience. 

Well, it's sunday and they don't play till saturday so yeah makes sense for sure.
You want Brohm no problem have fun watching him play.Just saw your last post so yeah I understand you point then y not bump up Davis?

Wouldn't it make even more sense to spread the reps around then early in the week?  Anyways, I'm done feeding this trolling garbage.  If you want to talk football, join in anytime.