August 23 practice report

gbill2004

Goosen is 23.  It's not do or die.

Exactly, it's just time to see what he can do. THAT'S ALL.

No.. Its not nor does it have to be..

Frankly I don't see a ton of people clamoring for him to get reps..not sure why people here are attempting to imply we NEED to..

Goosen is 23.  It's not do or die.

Frankly I don't see a ton of people clamoring for him to get reps..not sure why people here are attempting to imply we NEED to..

We need to rebuild the OL thru FA & the draft so if we can get our 2014 #1 pick on  the starting roster it makes us a better team. 

Goosen is 23. It's not do or die.

We need to rebuild the OL thru FA & the draft so if we can get our 2014 #1 pick on the starting roster it makes us a better team.

Yes BUT its not the be all end all if he sees minimal reps while being groomed. There is a method to this madness you must realize or else so many teams wouldn't do it..

Just because we are in a crappy situation doesn't mean you force things or have to not give a prospect time needed.. Our situation dictates we need to not hinder the progress of our few truly talented (supposed) projects..

The pressure on Goossen is more from the fact that Chungh is starting...

And what I'm saying is it shouldn't be.. Not all first round picks are alike. Not to mention Chung at right guard should not have the steep learning curve of a centre stuck between two questionable guards.. While factoring in snaps, calling protection, etc etc..

He's claiming people here are saying this is a make or break career moment for Goosen. No one said that. He's a first round pick who has barely played. We just want to know if he can. If he can't it doesn't mean his career is over. If I don't get it, maybe you can clear things up for me, sweep the leg. 

"Its time to see if Neufeld and Goossen have a future in this league or if our drafting and trading are crappy." 

That's a quote from this thread. Which is why I said both players have a future and Goossens should be with WPG. 

As for the CGY/MTL comparison. We have to compare our situation with theirs. That's how we get better. We now have a draft pick that's a starter his rookie year, allowing one project behind him is ideal. Next year hopefully we pick up someone else that can start but if not, take another project and Goossen should be ready to go by then (I think he can fill in now nicely) but if he isn't, we still have the means to develop 2 players while Picard is here and chungh starting.