Bombers give Stamps a gift..

bb1

The Bombers always overlook experience so they don't have to pay because we're cheap.That's the way this team rolls & there doesn't seem to be the will to change the culture of how this team is run from the Board of Directors on down.

I'm not saying Walters wasn't the right hire but I seem to remember Wade Miller at the Walters presser that he didn't have to conduct any interviews for the vacant GM position because he got to know & like Walters by working everyday beside him. If that was true, I don't like that as the hiring process should have been allowed to take its rightful course & potential candidates should have been interviewed. There's so much nepotism in the Bomber organization & it seems ingrained in the culture of how the team is run. 

As far as MOS goes, he was a supposed young bright light in the coaching ranks. The Next One as far as some experts said. I remember Bluto really being high on him here when he was hired. My concern was that he never was responsible for or called a defense as a coordinator & maybe he needed more experience to become a successful DC before he was hired as a head coach. He was a STC but was that enough to get the hire as our HC here? But hey, Walters & MOS are buddies & have been for years so why am I not surprised this happened? Thing is, both Walters & MOS are in place, the team is for the most part competitive so we might as well as a fanbase get & stay behind both of them, hope they do well & see how it all plays out for the rest of the season. Not ready to tie the can to this regime just yet.

That's a pretty fair assessment and recap iso..

I hate to admit it, but ISO was probably right to continue harping on about how we should have hired Higgins. A little grey hair on the sidelines would sure go a long way right now (or bald scalp in the case of Higgins). That being said, how old was Bud Grant or Mike Riley when they took over the reins?

Grant was 29 at his hire date, 30 for the first game.  Riley was 33 when hired by the WBB.

I think the O'shea hire was smart and still support him.  This is a young team learning how to play together and learning how to win.

Alas, the BB "fans" are once again cheering for the 3rd string QB and wanting a new coach.  Some things never change.

PS No CFL team has ever won the Grey Cup in July.

The Bombers always overlook experience so they don't have to pay because we're cheap.That's the way this team rolls & there doesn't seem to be the will to change the culture of how this team is run from the Board of Directors on down.

I'm not saying Walters wasn't the right hire but I seem to remember Wade Miller at the Walters presser that he didn't have to conduct any interviews for the vacant GM position because he got to know & like Walters by working everyday beside him. If that was true, I don't like that as the hiring process should have been allowed to take its rightful course & potential candidates should have been interviewed. There's so much nepotism in the Bomber organization & it seems ingrained in the culture of how the team is run. 

As far as MOS goes, he was a supposed young bright light in the coaching ranks. The Next One as far as some experts said. I remember Bluto really being high on him here when he was hired. My concern was that he never was responsible for or called a defense as a coordinator & maybe he needed more experience to become a successful DC before he was hired as a head coach. He was a STC but was that enough to get the hire as our HC here? But hey, Walters & MOS are buddies & have been for years so why am I not surprised this happened? Thing is, both Walters & MOS are in place, the team is for the most part competitive so we might as well as a fanbase get & stay behind both of them, hope they do well & see how it all plays out for the rest of the season. Not ready to tie the can to this regime just yet.  

Hate to pile on... but Pat Tracey coached both Walters and OShea...

Then again, ISO seems to be agreeing with Friesen... http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/11/13/bombers-need-to-be-bigger-and-bolder-than-hiring-kyle-walters-and-khari-jones

Mind blown.

They should have hired the guy that took over when cal got sick. forget his name, but he rallied the team, and the team did well under him. just not very flashy. 

For a moment I thought you were talking about Darryl Rogers who was horrible but realized you meant Urban Bowman who was not too bad 11-7.  I believe Urban still resides in Sandy Hook.

It was pointed out to me that MOS missed a time out last year that cost us.We have to give MOS this year at least but these in game critical decions are coach killers. I remember Mike Riley as a rookie coach and this stuff never happened ditto for Kent Austin.

Hate to pile on... but Pat Tracey coached both Walters and OShea...

Then again, ISO seems to be agreeing with Friesen... http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/11/13/bombers-need-to-be-bigger-and-bolder-than-hiring-kyle-walters-and-khari-jones

Mind blown.

I can't read any FP articles as I live in calgary & damned if I'm going to be a member of the Freep to read their articles. They want money, well sorry Free Press.

They should have hired the guy that took over when cal got sick. forget his name, but he rallied the team, and the team did well under him. just not very flashy. 

For a moment I thought you were talking about Darryl Rogers who was horrible but realized you meant Urban Bowman who was not too bad 11-7.  I believe Urban still resides in Sandy Hook.

That was a very experienced team. That made a world of difference for Bowman too. 

Not sure on O'Shea but don't think Higgins was the answer either.

Now if we go could back to 2010 and hire Barker and Millanovich, I am down.

What's the point of rehashing this as it's all water under the bridge? Let's just support the guys we have in charge now & hope they can build a winner. 

I think in all of this most of us are saying in our own way we are tired of finding new ways to lose. No more excuses no more close battles it's all about the wins.Period.

Yup.we best go 14-0 now or else!!

But hey, Walters & MOS are buddies & have been for years so why am I not surprised this happened?

I think Wade Miller has shown that isn't the case anymore considering how much he has added to the Football Ops budget.

And Walters & O'Shea were not buddies. They were teammates for one year and little more than acquaintances after as they talked when they were at the same events according to what they said at the time O'Shea was hired.

BTW, Friesen is in the Sun, not FP.

thanks,

yah, Urban Bowman, took over the team at a horrible time, and did well. Seemed like a good candidate to me.

I think there's really two ways to look at this game...

negative: we blew this game by making mistakes... clearly this is not a championship team

positive: we hung in with the best and would've won if not for a few key errors... we're on the right track

I guess it just depends on your overall outlook or personal philosophy... 

I think this is missing the real point of why the Bombers don't hire experience.... it's a general managers and coaches grave yard. Experienced people don't want to come here because the track record in Winnipeg is a couple years and you're fired with your reputation in tatters. Justified or not that's what's happened for the last 15 years and it does impact whether guys want to come here and subject themselves to that. Walters and O'Shea might not be perfect but you have to give them a long enough period you can't just keep firing people all the time, that ensures you're not able to hire the best candidates. 

Aren't we 3 and 13 since going 5-1 to start last season? That's expansion team bad.

Completely different team last year, not really fair to lump the two together.  It is cherry picking numbers.  So far, this is a 2 – 2 team.  Different DC, different players.

Overall, MOS is a 9 – 13 head coach.

Not great, but still too early IMO to pull anything from that.

I think this is missing the real point of why the Bombers don't hire experience.... it's a general managers and coaches grave yard. Experienced people don't want to come here because the track record in Winnipeg is a couple years and you're fired with your reputation in tatters. Justified or not that's what's happened for the last 15 years and it does impact whether guys want to come here and subject themselves to that. Walters and O'Shea might not be perfect but you have to give them a long enough period you can't just keep firing people all the time, that ensures you're not able to hire the best candidates. 

Yes, our record the past few years has been a problem so I acknowledge what you said Thing is, I know that Jim Barker applied for the GM job but the Bombers hired Mack & I believe that Tom Higgins was interested in the HC job as well at the end of the 2013 season after he left the CFL. I don't think it's been all inexperienced people applying for Bomber management & coaching positions.

Aren't we 3 and 13 since going 5-1 to start last season? That's expansion team bad.

Completely different team last year, not really fair to lump the two together.  It is cherry picking numbers.  So far, this is a 2 – 2 team.  Different DC, different players.

Overall, MOS is a 9 – 13 head coach.

Not great, but still too early IMO to pull anything from that.

Yup, 9 - 13 is a better indicator of the job he has done, imo.