Bombers give Stamps a gift..

bb1

Eliminate the turnovers and we win this game.

Yup. I concur. We were thisclose to winning this game. Easily within our grasp. We did ourselves in more so then Calgary bested us.

It's not as easy as you think.  The Bombers have been losing the turnover battle for 5 of the past 6 seasons and 7 of the last 8.  Teams with below average talent and coaching tend to turn over the ball more.  Season is young but right now the Bombers are in the negative for turnovers.

Too many dumb choices, plays and mistakes. O'Shea is beginning to make me think that his hiring was a mistake and we might not have too much room to snigger at the Riders and Chamblin. It may be a toss-up as to who gets axed first.

Could be.  We may have a better idea by the end of the season.  The last minute of the game felt Lapo-like.

52 for the millionth time and his conversion rate for 50+ was good until today. Also, if he misses and it goes thru end zone, it's a tie.. That's why you go for it..

Smh.

58 yard field goals do not go through the endzone.

Was it or was it not 52 yards? Cuz it's been said it was 52 a hundred times. The return man fielded it in the middle of end zone so it potentially could have bounced and gone thru.

Could be worse... Much much worse. We could be 0-4.

After reading some posts you'd almost think we were. However it seems most those posts come from ppl who only show up after a loss.
It is entertaining to watch some of the posters ooze out from under their bridges to lambaste the team but the best thing to know is that tomorrow, they gone. They don't stick around.. Guess the sunlight and fresh air hurts their green skin lol.
Ooze out man Spuds you are getting good at the insults. Now crawl back under your rock till the Blue win again.Then you can sing sweet praises of glory again!
So your admitting yer one huh? Lol. I'm here rain or shine bud, I don't pick and choose when to talk about my fav team.
Yep and as long as other posters agree with your narrow view it's all good in spuds world.Sad.

Overall I thought Willy handled the Stamps defense reasonably well, but would it kill him and/or Marcelle to try some intermediate passes in the 15-25 yard range?  If you rely on nothing but 5 - 10 yard  passes to drive down the field odds are you will inevitably make a mistake resulting in a turnover, punt or field goal attempt.

The hallmark of a Beuillfeuille offense - short passing plays interspersed with a couple long bomb completions, nothing in-between.

After reading some posts you'd almost think we were. However it seems most those posts come from ppl who only show up after a loss.
It is entertaining to watch some of the posters ooze out from under their bridges to lambaste the team but the best thing to know is that tomorrow, they gone. They don't stick around.. Guess the sunlight and fresh air hurts their green skin lol.
Ooze out man Spuds you are getting good at the insults. Now crawl back under your rock till the Blue win again.Then you can sing sweet praises of glory again!
So your admitting yer one huh? Lol. I'm here rain or shine bud, I don't pick and choose when to talk about my fav team.
Yep and as long as other posters agree with your narrow view it's all good in spuds world.Sad.
I have a pretty wide view of the world my friend, not like you and your ilk that can't see the forest thri the trees. The angst from tonight is laughable. I could see this last lost against Hamilton but this much BS when we lost by 1 point? When we are 2-2?

But yea, you right.. I'm the one with the narrow vision..

Smh.

Too many dumb choices, plays and mistakes. O'Shea is beginning to make me think that his hiring was a mistake and we might not have too much room to snigger at the Riders and Chamblin. It may be a toss-up as to who gets axed first.

Could be.  We may have a better idea by the end of the season.  The last minute of the game felt Lapo-like.

We've had too many LaPolice/Rheinbold/Burke moments of late and the scary thing is that Willy sure as spit looks like he is regressing.

We've had too many LaPolice/Rheinbold/Burke moments of late and the scary thing is that Willy sure as spit looks like he is regressing.

How does he look like he's regressing? Lmfao. Calgary has one of the best pass defences in the league.. He did rather well did he not?

The things people chose to try and claim around here at times..

I have a pretty wide view of the world my friend, not like you and your ilk that can't see the forest thri the trees. The angst from tonight is laughable. I could see this last lost against Hamilton but this much BS when we lost by 1 point? When we are 2-2?

Smh.

Maybe not but unlike you I leave out the insults.Try it sometime it's not hard to do.

How does he look like he's regressing? Lmfao. Calgary has one of the best pass defences in the league.. He did rather well did he not?

When Willy's game deserted him last year, his biggest failing was his inability to handle blitzes and folding in crunch time. That's pretty much what happened tonight.

Smh.

Maybe not but unlike you I leave out the insults.Try it sometime it's not hard to do.

That's cute. Get lost in an argument and call out "insult!" When there wasn't one. You said I have a narrow minded view of the world first bud. I generalized the hell out of my original statement and you chose to pipe up. Not my problem. Keep trying tho, maybe one day you will win the internets.

How does he look like he's regressing? Lmfao. Calgary has one of the best pass defences in the league.. He did rather well did he not?The things people chose to try and claim around here at times..
When Willy's game deserted him last year, his biggest failing was his inability to handle blitzes and folding in crunch time. That's pretty much what happened tonight.

Uh. I saw him handle the blitz really well up til the last play of the game with the int. not sure what game you were watching.

He either tossed it away or dumped it off for small gains.. He also made some great throws in the face of it too.

Could be. We may have a better idea by the end of the season. The last minute of the game felt Lapo-like.

Could be. We may have a better idea by the end of the season. The last minute of the game felt Lapo-like.
Willy is regressing? Jesus Christ I have seen some silly posts today but that takes the cake.

Let's see. We go into Calgary, tough team even with injuries, and are on the road to smack them, when a gawk-awful turnover changes the game completely, and let's Calgary back in the game.

We lost, but were they the superior team today?

We're improving...turtle slowly, but improving.

Mistakes. But mistakes can be corrected.

There were a lot of good things out there that should offset what we did wrong.

2 and 2 - I figure we're about right where we ought to be.

And trending upwards.

Yeah

How does he look like he's regressing? Lmfao. Calgary has one of the best pass defences in the league.. He did rather well did he not?The things people chose to try and claim around here at times..

Uh. I saw him handle the blitz really well up til the last play of the game with the int. not sure what game you were watching.

He either tossed it away or dumped it off for small gains.. He also made some great throws in the face of it too.

Great retort. Willy was fine until he threw a game killing interception... or didnt call time out on a drive killing penalty. You either have it in the clutch or you dont. Right now, Willy is not a clutch guy. When the pressure is on he gets worse. That's just fact. Will it improve, God I hope so. It's his 2nd year as a starter but  hes' going to be 29 in November. He's actually past his prime in football years. Or entering the final stages of it.

Yeah

Great retort. Willy was fine until he threw a game killing interception... or didnt call time out on a drive killing penalty. You either have it in the clutch or you dont. Right now, Willy is not a clutch guy. When the pressure is on he gets worse. That's just fact. Will it improve, God I hope so. It's his 2nd year as a starter but  hes' going to be 29 in November. He's actually past his prime in football years. Or entering the final stages of it.

Did we not watch the same willy from last season who looked lost and gun shy for like. Weeks on end? He didn't look gun shy or lost to me. The clock management, maybe Oshea is the one who's to call timeouts? We don't know. As for the single int he threw while trying to force something? Yea that's gonna happen.. It's not a regression tho. Regression would have been going blank and getting sacked.

I'm not suggesting Willy is regressing. I'm suggesting that he's simply not a clutch quarterback. Actually that's hardly an assertion. That's just pointing out what can be proven with stats and numbers. I gaurentee a disproportionate number of his interceptions are in the 4th.

Also, the dude threw a 10 yard pick to a Stampeder player with no one near him. He only had to make  30 yards or so in 30 seconds. It wasn't a desperate hail mary 70 yard bomb picked off.

Yeah

Great retort. Willy was fine until he threw a game killing interception... or didnt call time out on a drive killing penalty. You either have it in the clutch or you dont. Right now, Willy is not a clutch guy. When the pressure is on he gets worse. That's just fact. Will it improve, God I hope so. It's his 2nd year as a starter but hes' going to be 29 in November. He's actually past his prime in football years. Or entering the final stages of it.

Wow it's these kind of comments that make me wonder. Early last year that is all he was. Clutch. He won some games where it looked like a certain loss. This game he drove the field and got us within a field goal of winning. The loss of down was stupid but something that shouldn't happen again. Regardless he got close enough for the field goal and it was missed.

Wow it's these kind of comments that make me wonder. Early last year that is all he was. Clutch. He won some games where it looked like a certain loss. This game he drove the field and got us within a field goal of winning. The loss of down was stupid but something that shouldn't happen again. Regardless he got close enough for the field goal and it was missed.

Are you really going to rope off the first 5 games of last season? How about the Banjo Bowl, or the other Rider home game with 2 late game killing picks? Drew had a fantastic start to 2014 then he was brutally average or worse.  

Are you really going to rope off the first 5 games of last season? How about the Banjo Bowl, or the other Rider home game with 2 late game killing picks? Drew had a fantastic start to 2014 then he was brutally average or worse.

I can rope it off because our offensive line went to complete **** after that.

I think we Bomber fans became a little overly excited with Willy the comeback kid after the 5-1 start last year.  Since then, I think he has one fourth quarter comeback (against Sasky) and mostly pedestrian efforts marked by indecisiveness and questionable decision-making.

People love to rag on Glenn for ill-timed interceptions but it's more than apparent Willy has thrown his fair share or poorly timed INTs as well.  See today's game for the latest evidence.

I can rope it off because our offensive line went to complete **** after that.

nothing changed. nadda. zilch. Willy won with that offensive line, then, he threw stupid mindless picks and lost a tonne of football with them that same year.