Bombers give Stamps a gift..

bb1

The reason we had Etch last year as d-coordinator is because Stubler said **** no to coming to a coaching graveyard and went to Calgary instead where things are so stable there's never any need to fire coaches. 

People don't like to hear it, but we have to be patient with this group because this team needs stability more than anything. 

Its scary to work for a organization that is prone to knee jerk reactions. This in itself will be Chamblins undoing. Getting thrown under bus and fired isn't much fun. No one wants to be a meatshield. Honest question, wouldn't you agree its likely the biggest reason Benevides turned the riders down for the DC job?

changes are fine but wholesale changes annually are not a good thing. If O'shea goes 9-9 I think he stays. Even at 7-11 I think he stays. Its in the bombers organizations best interest for Miller and Oshea to stay and progress IMO

The reason we had Etch last year as d-coordinator is because Stubler said **** no to coming to a coaching graveyard and went to Calgary instead where things are so stable there's never any need to fire coaches.

People don't like to hear it, but we have to be patient with this group because this team needs stability more than anything.

Its scary to work for a organization that is prone to knee jerk reactions. This in itself will be Chamblins undoing. Getting thrown under bus and fired isn't much fun. No one wants to be a meatshield. Honest question, wouldn't you agree its likely the biggest reason Benevides turned the riders down for the DC job?
Benevides isn't coaching this year because his daughter is/was sick.

He does have a sick child and the fact that there isn't a children's hospital here yet was cited as a reason for him coming here, yes that's true. So do you think Benevides will never coach again then, is that what you are saying? Because I don't think that is true, he will coach again, and wouldn't it be interesting if it was here next year.

He does have a sick child and the fact that there isn't a children's hospital here yet was cited as a reason for him coming here, yes that's true. So do you think Benevides will never coach again then, is that what you are saying? Because I don't think that is true, he will coach again, and wouldn't it be interesting if it was here next year.
I don't know. That decision could depend on how his daughter is doing.

Benevides did not cover himself with glory in BC, and I cannot see him wanting to come to a team in turmoil, as the Bombers or the Riders, for that matter would be. Once you get past Trestman, there ain't a whole lot of blue-chip coaching prospects out there.

Bombers in turmoil? Man only to 5 or 10 of you on this board. 2-2 here people. Relax. Talk about massive over reactions. If I was a potential coach and I read this board especially after a loss man nope thanks but no thanks. Some of you get ridiculous. Is Trestman not the OC or something for Jacksonville now? Trestman isn't and never will be an option. Teams who fire coaches every 2 years or so don't end up with coaches like Trestman cuz those coaches are smart enough to avoid these toxic places. Winnipeg has been a coaches graveyard. That's a fact. Keep firing then every 2 seasons and nobody will want to come here. Like it or not and it don't matter what me you some real estate guy or some teenagers say... right now stability is important to this franchise and O'shea will be here a while unless I dunno how's Coach MB sound? Awesome

Bombers in turmoil? Man only to 5 or 10 of you on this board. 2-2 here people. Relax. Talk about massive over reactions. If I was a potential coach and I read this board especially after a loss man nope thanks but no thanks. Some of you get ridiculous. Is Trestman not the OC or something for Jacksonville now? Trestman isn't and never will be an option. Teams who fire coaches every 2 years or so don't end up with coaches like Trestman cuz those coaches are smart enough to avoid these toxic places. Winnipeg has been a coaches graveyard. That's a fact. Keep firing then every 2 seasons and nobody will want to come here. Like it or not and it don't matter what me you some real estate guy or some teenagers say... right now stability is important to this franchise and O'shea will be here a while unless I dunno how's Coach MB sound? Awesome

If the Bombers turf O'Shea after a disasterous season (and I am not saying that will happen) you can safely assume that the team will be in turmoil. I was posing a hypothetical.

I don't know. That decision could depend on how his daughter is doing.

I agree. He was offered the DC position here as well and turned it down too. And we do have a children's hospital.