Bombers give Stamps a gift..

bb1

Wow it's these kind of comments that make me wonder. Early last year that is all he was. Clutch. He won some games where it looked like a certain loss. This game he drove the field and got us within a field goal of winning. The loss of down was stupid but something that shouldn't happen again. Regardless he got close enough for the field goal and it was missed.

Are you really going to rope off the first 5 games of last season? How about the Banjo Bowl, or the other Rider home game with 2 late game killing picks? Drew had a fantastic start to 2014 then he was brutally average or worse.
I can rope it off because our offensive line went to complete **** after that.

nothing changed. nadda. zilch. Willy won with that offensive line, then, he threw stupid mindless picks and lost a tonne of football with them that same year.

What changed was Willy getting knocked night in and night out. He handled the hits early on but what QB is going to be rushed and take hits the way he did and be successful? He was getting hit before the ball even got back to him at times. Point is he proved he can be clutch if he's not being consistently dragged through the mud. The guy clearly had skills and ability to get it done if his team isn't cropping the bed around him

Yeah

Too many dumb choices, plays and mistakes. O'Shea is beginning to make me think that his hiring was a mistake and we might not have too much room to snigger at the Riders and Chamblin. It may be a toss-up as to who gets axed first.

Could be.  We may have a better idea by the end of the season.  The last minute of the game felt Lapo-like.

Too many dumb choices, plays and mistakes. O'Shea is beginning to make me think that his hiring was a mistake and we might not have too much room to snigger at the Riders and Chamblin. It may be a toss-up as to who gets axed first.

Could be.  We may have a better idea by the end of the season.  The last minute of the game felt Lapo-like.
We've had too many LaPolice/Rheinbold/Burke moments of late and the scary thing is that Willy sure as spit looks like he is regressing.
How does he look like he's regressing? Lmfao. Calgary has one of the best pass defences in the league.. He did rather well did he not?The things people chose to try and claim around here at times..
When Willy's game deserted him last year, his biggest failing was his inability to handle blitzes and folding in crunch time. That's pretty much what happened tonight.

Uh. I saw him handle the blitz really well up til the last play of the game with the int. not sure what game you were watching.

He either tossed it away or dumped it off for small gains.. He also made some great throws in the face of it too.

Great retort. Willy was fine until he threw a game killing interception... or didnt call time out on a drive killing penalty. You either have it in the clutch or you dont. Right now, Willy is not a clutch guy. When the pressure is on he gets worse. That's just fact. Will it improve, God I hope so. It's his 2nd year as a starter but  hes' going to be 29 in November. He's actually past his prime in football years. Or entering the final stages of it.

Let's not exagerate here.  Many quarterbacks do not enter their prime years until there early to mid-30s especially those who haven't had a chance to start on a regular basis until their late twenties.  See Anthony Calvillo, Danny McManus, Henry Burris.  Superstar QBs in the NFL have had their best years in their 30s as well ie.  Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees

Wow. Harping on willy? Really. The guy was better than BLM tonight. We lost by 1 frigging point and our kicker missed a convert and people are on willy cuz he threw a pick. Jesus Christ. Mind boggling stuff from ppl who get too high after wins and suicidal and just stupid after a 1 point loss. Fact is special teams cost us this game. 16 points directly pretty much off special teams errors. Blocked punt. Stoudemire fumble. Lirim having his worst game as a bomber didn't help. 1 point loss. here's the way I see it. That 52 yard fg miss doesn't happen cuz we punt instead if our kicker could actually consistently hit a convert this year. People can crap on willy or whatever else but it was special teams and more specifically it was our kicker who cost us tonight. Crap on O'shea or willy for the time count but again it's irrelevant if our kicker actually makes the convert when we scored the TD to "tie" it. When he missed I said to myself. That's gonna cost us the game and ultimately it did.

Yeah

Could be. We may have a better idea by the end of the season. The last minute of the game felt Lapo-like.

Could be. We may have a better idea by the end of the season. The last minute of the game felt Lapo-like.
We've had too many LaPolice/Rheinbold/Burke moments of late and the scary thing is that Willy sure as spit looks like he is regressing.
How does he look like he's regressing? Lmfao. Calgary has one of the best pass defences in the league.. He did rather well did he not?The things people chose to try and claim around here at times..
When Willy's game deserted him last year, his biggest failing was his inability to handle blitzes and folding in crunch time. That's pretty much what happened tonight.
Uh. I saw him handle the blitz really well up til the last play of the game with the int. not sure what game you were watching.

He either tossed it away or dumped it off for small gains.. He also made some great throws in the face of it too.

Great retort. Willy was fine until he threw a game killing interception... or didnt call time out on a drive killing penalty. You either have it in the clutch or you dont. Right now, Willy is not a clutch guy. When the pressure is on he gets worse. That's just fact. Will it improve, God I hope so. It's his 2nd year as a starter but hes' going to be 29 in November. He's actually past his prime in football years. Or entering the final stages of it.

Wow it's these kind of comments that make me wonder. Early last year that is all he was. Clutch. He won some games where it looked like a certain loss. This game he drove the field and got us within a field goal of winning. The loss of down was stupid but something that shouldn't happen again. Regardless he got close enough for the field goal and it was missed.

Willy cost the Bombers a win against Hamilton last year when he took a time count violation in the dying seconds of the game. Generally, like last year, Winnipeg telegraphs it's run game and runs it in ploddingly slow motion. Bigger problem though is  this QB takes way too long to put the ball in play between snaps. There's no tempo or urgency to Winnipeg's attack and therefore no rhythm. Defenders have too much time to rest. Other than once series in Regina where Bombers ran a hurry-up that first game, the O has looked pretty weak, inconsistent and unreliable. It comes down to the QB and coord. Take a look at what Lulay and Tedford do in BC for guidance. They know how to run a high tempo CFL offence. Hate to say it, but it really seems that Bellefueille, Willy and Buck Pearce don't get it. Not sure MOS Walters and Miller coming from the other side of the ball can even recognize the problem let alone correct it.

Could be worse... Much much worse. We could be 0-4.

After reading some posts you'd almost think we were. However it seems most those posts come from ppl who only show up after a loss.
It is entertaining to watch some of the posters ooze out from under their bridges to lambaste the team but the best thing to know is that tomorrow, they gone. They don't stick around.. Guess the sunlight and fresh air hurts their green skin lol.
Ooze out man Spuds you are getting good at the insults. Now crawl back under your rock till the Blue win again.Then you can sing sweet praises of glory again!
So your admitting yer one huh? Lol. I'm here rain or shine bud, I don't pick and choose when to talk about my fav team.
Yep and as long as other posters agree with your narrow view it's all good in spuds world.Sad.
I have a pretty wide view of the world my friend, not like you and your ilk that can't see the forest thri the trees. The angst from tonight is laughable. I could see this last lost against Hamilton but this much BS when we lost by 1 point? When we are 2-2?

But yea, you right.. I'm the one with the narrow vision..

Smh.

Maybe not but unlike you I leave out the insults.Try it sometime it's not hard to do.
That's cute. Get lost in an argument and call out "insult!" When there wasn't one. You said I have a narrow minded view of the world first bud. I generalized the hell out of my original statement and you chose to pipe up. Not my problem. Keep trying tho, maybe one day you will win the internets.
Not sure why you calling posters who have problems with this game Oozing out not considered an insult? Was that a compliment in a backhand kinda way? Keep it coming spudsy you only know one way.

I agree. The tempo of the offence at times has allowed defense to regain their balance. You almost know before the snap if the play is going to be successful just based on the timing of it

But is that on the QB or the OC? Didn't even look like they were in a quick no huddle mode.Almost like they wanted to run the clock down as much as possible.

Lirim is the reason we lost. Anyone else is a far second with Stoudemire in second and that's about it. Blaming willy for this loss even a little bit is just plain wrong. 1 for 3 fgs. 1 missed convert. Lost by 1. Lirim left 7 points slip away. He's the reason we lost. Not sure if he got a single on the one miss but regardless he didn't on the last one and he missed a convert. If we lost by more than a missed convert sure blame everyone but reality is that missed convert cost us the game or OT at least. Not sure why some make it about everything else when we Calgary had their 11 play drive for a td. Take the 7 point lead. We respond with a td but miss the extra point. It's pretty black and white there

Lirim is the reason we lost. Anyone else is a far second with Stoudemire in second and that's about it. Blaming willy for this loss even a little bit is just plain wrong. 1 for 3 fgs. 1 missed convert. Lost by 1. Lirim left 7 points slip away. He's the reason we lost.

Nope we were a fg away from winning when we blew it on the 52. Now if Lirim missed the last one on the 32 well.....

Lirim is the reason we lost. Anyone else is a far second with Stoudemire in second and that's about it. Blaming willy for this loss even a little bit is just plain wrong. 1 for 3 fgs. 1 missed convert. Lost by 1. Lirim left 7 points slip away. He's the reason we lost.

Nope we were a fg away from winning when we blew it on the 52. Now if Lirim missed the last one on the 32 well.....

Lots of blame all around for this blown opportunity for a W, agreed. But a poster pointed out that Willy hasn't been a clutch QB and that is true. While we still have hope he may improve, he is consistently slow getting the ball in play between snaps. And the offence is relying too much on the big play, as well as on the D and special teams for scoring points. When Winnipeg won a few games early last year it was with big help and points from the D and special teams. Then it went downhill and nothing's changed. Willy can't consistently drive the ball downfield or lead the offence to scores in the red zone. And a lot of that has to do with tempo, rhythm and urgency.

Lol. Nope. Go watch those games again. For the most part last year we won games in spite of our D not because of them. Etch D was terrible and several losses were a direct result of our inability to stop the run. How quickly we forget

Lol. Nope. Go watch those games again. For the most part last year we won games in spite of our D not because of them. Etch D was terrible and several losses were a direct result of our inability to stop the run. How quickly we forget

Actually, no, you are wrong. As I said, defence and ST helped Bombers achieve an early 5-1 record. Here's one of those five wins that the D and LH's leg actually won for us http://cfl.ca/article/hajrullahu-bombers-leg-out-a-win-over-lionsBefore that vs Argos and Ottawa the D (Washington, Randle) scored TDs off fumbles, picks or ST scored TDs on returns - contributing points and also getting turnovers and giving the offence field position. The offence mostly relied on short field and big play. Lots of 2-outs and inability to produce long drives was pretty much the hallmark in those early wins. And then the offence just got worse, as, perfect storm, opponents countered Etch's D too.

Willy has to shoulder some blame for that late time count violation. Gimme a break, if you see you aren't going to get the ball in time, call a time out already.

Willy did do a mea culpa in his post-game interview, but he was not the only culprit.

Nice to see the general public finally souring on our coach. Terrible hire imo.

I can see why Walters went with O'Shea and it might be a bit early to flush him away. Walters probably wanted to start a new era with a new face as coach who did not have a lot of baggage, and on paper, he looked like he was worth taking a chance on- young, a player who had a tremendous work ethic and respect from his peers. The risk: he had no head coach experience but had worked under some good head coaches. We knew that 2014 was going to be a year of learning and struggle. We had the struggle, alright, but it is becoming questionable whether there was any learning. Part of the defensive problems may lie at the feet of Walters and McManus for not finding the stud players we lack, but O'Shea bears full responsibility for many of the mistakes which cost us the last game and were present last season. The players must also be beginning to wonder if the coaching decisions are costing them games which they ought to be winning.

I hate to admit it, but ISO was probably right to continue harping on about how we should have hired Higgins. A little grey hair on the sidelines would sure go a long way right now (or bald scalp in the case of Higgins). That being said, how old was Bud Grant or Mike Riley when they took over the reins?

I hate to admit it, but ISO was probably right to continue harping on about how we should have hired Higgins. A little grey hair on the sidelines would sure go a long way right now (or bald scalp in the case of Higgins). That being said, how old was Bud Grant or Mike Riley when they took over the reins?

I think people around here would ***** about absolutely any coach we hired. What surprised me going to Calgary for the game Saturday was how many stamps fans I heard bitching about Dickenson.

The Bombers always overlook experience so they don't have to pay because we're cheap.That's the way this team rolls & there doesn't seem to be the will to change the culture of how this team is run from the Board of Directors on down.

I'm not saying Walters wasn't the right hire but I seem to remember Wade Miller at the Walters presser that he didn't have to conduct any interviews for the vacant GM position because he got to know & like Walters by working everyday beside him. If that was true, I don't like that as the hiring process should have been allowed to take its rightful course & potential candidates should have been interviewed. There's so much nepotism in the Bomber organization & it seems ingrained in the culture of how the team is run. 

As far as MOS goes, he was a supposed young bright light in the coaching ranks. The Next One as far as some experts said. I remember Bluto really being high on him here when he was hired. My concern was that he never was responsible for or called a defense as a coordinator & maybe he needed more experience to become a successful DC before he was hired as a head coach. He was a STC but was that enough to get the hire as our HC here? But hey, Walters & MOS are buddies & have been for years so why am I not surprised this happened? Thing is, both Walters & MOS are in place, the team is for the most part competitive so we might as well as a fanbase get & stay behind both of them, hope they do well & see how it all plays out for the rest of the season. Not ready to tie the can to this regime just yet.