Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

But I'm so confused... the greatest fans in the history of sports would never give up on their team, right?!   :rolleyes:

And this is just one bad season... imagine when they go through a drought of bomber proportions... the team will be on life support again...

on the bright side, people holidaying in Mexico won't have to see Rider sweaters.  :lol:

You are confused. Rider Green never comes off. The fans stick with this team no matter what. Rumours of our demise are wishful thinking and nothing more. Even if no one goes to the game, there is nearly 30k tickets sold. Don't worry we'll be back

on the bright side, people holidaying in Mexico won't have to see Rider sweaters.  :lol:

You are confused. Rider Green never comes off. The fans stick with this team no matter what. Rumours of our demise are wishful thinking and nothing more. Even if no one goes to the game, there is nearly 30k tickets sold. Don't worry we'll be back

You guys need a 2 decade run like we've had just to put you in your place. ;)

The had a near century long run like we're experiencing right now. The rider green came off easier in those days...

They had one in the 80s and 90s and remember how the team and support continued to thrive through it... oh wait...  :o

So what you're saying is that "Rider Green" is like herpes?   Never goes away but flares up once in awhile?  

I don't want to see Ottawa in the Grey Cup. Those losers had two teams fold, let them suffer.

Disagree completely. Found myself, oddly cheering for Burris yesterday. Like to see the old guy leave with a cup.

And the fans were not the problem in Ottawa in the past.

The problems in the past were all about bizarre ownership and management combined with a a terrible stadium and lousy teams.

I don't want to see Ottawa in the Grey Cup. Those losers had two teams fold, let them suffer.

Disagree completely. Found myself, oddly cheering for Burris yesterday. Like to see the old guy leave with a cup.

The problems in the past were all about bizarre ownership and management combined with a a terrible stadium and lousy teams.
I agree. Why should the fans suffer because of that. That would be like saying the Jets shouldn't have playoff success because Jets 1.0 moved.

I agree. Why should the fans suffer because of that. That would be like saying the Jets should have playoff success because Jets 1.0 moved.

Horrendous analogy. Completely different scenarios.

If anything, you'd have to think that a successful Ottawa franchise will only help the possibilities of a future team in The Maritimes.  

So if that's what it does, go REDBLACKS.

Wouldn't the  "Halifax Clippers" be nice and have a nice ring to it?

I think Halifax Copiers or Halifax Scanners sounds more naturally. :D:lol:

The had a near century long run like we're experiencing right now. The rider green came off easier in those days...

The bandwagon fans come and go with every team ( hey I noticed you guys haven't sold the grey cup out yet??).  But the diehards are there through thick and thin. That's what I referring to. Lots of great cfl fans in Winnipeg who have stood by the Bombers through some tough years lately.

Well, that's us now minus the stadium although the people who built it screwed up.