Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

I said it the first time this rumour emerged... and I'll reiterate it again....

If Huff is available this off-season and is looking for a GM/HC gig... I would fired Walters and O'Shea immediately.... take whatever they make, double it, and offer that to Huff... 

Maybe you wanna make very sure Huff will come here first... before you fire Walters and O'Shea.

Otherwise, be ready to scrape the bottom of the barrell for your next GM and HC.

Obviously there would have to be a due diligence process... and I was exaggerating the financials.... but the point was I would do whatever it takes to get him here...

When the Stamps hired Hufnagel in December 2007 they never had what they have now. Huff built the orgazization & hired people from the ground up & put them into place.  

Not true. Hufnagel inherited one of the best talent recruiters in the game in John Murphy who was actually hired by Jim Barker. Don't get me wrong, Huffer has done a great job with the Stamps but Barker had built an excellent football scouting department that Huf largely left intact. I should also mention that salary cap guru Michael Petrie, and one of the best Canadian scouts in the game Brendan Mahoney were also inherited by Huffer from the Barker days.

John built an excellent coaching staff, but his front office was basically turn key.

There is this huge myth that Hufnagel built the Stamps front office, not true at all. All key players were in place when he got there. He was simply smart enough to retain them.

He started in Calgary as a scout in '06.

2007.  He was with Montreal in 2006.

Murphy was still technically connected to Popp and the Alouettes, but Barker offered to make it worth his while if he came to Calgary’s 2007 training camp. Murphy became Calgary’s assistant director of scouting that year and has a massive Grey Cup ring to show for it.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/29/stampeders-assistant-gm-murphy-still-flying-under-the-radar

I'd still take him over anyone else at this point for gm. Pros far far out weigh the cons

he is definitely one of the guys id choose to replace Walters with even if Walters wasnt leaving.. maybe even bring in as a consultant with option to become GM if walters struggles to build a conpetitive roster..

Not to confuse things even more but I thought that it was Taman and Murphy here together initially and Taman resigned bc he did not want to go through Murphy. I could be wrong or it could be both

Taman resigned because he didn't want to go through Mike Kelly, who was essentially GM and HC. 

Great...

"If the Toronto Argonauts are going to beat the Montreal Alouettes on Friday night in Hamilton they will be forced to do it with not one, but two members of the o-line making their CFL debuts. With Chris Van Zeyl, Greg Van Roten and Wayne Smith all out with injuries, the Argos will turn to newcomers Fouimalo Fonoti and Rishaw Johnson to man the right side of the line."

Taman was the GM but Kelly wanted to be the Man. Rather than deal with the BS of it all Taman said to hell with it and left.

No he wasn't. Bauer demoted him before Kelly was hired.

Yup. Taman was asked to take a lesser role. He balked