Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion

So every big time coach and gm has apparently rumoured to go to Saskatchewan. I didn't realize that everyone wants to quit there comfy jobs to move to a shitty place with a really poor team.

Don't forget the new stadium.  That's a draw.

If Sask wants to get into a bidding war with Edmonton we could see the price go through the roof, both well heeled teams.

Sad news about Doug and Darren Flutie. From Doug's Facebook page:

It is with a heavy heart that I am making this statement. This morning my family experienced the tragic loss of my father, D!ck and mother, Joan. My Dad had been ill and died of a heart attack in the hospital and my Mom, less than an hour later had a sudden heart attack and passed away. They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it. I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers’ and sister’s lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning. The most important part of their 56 years of marriage was providing opportunities to their children. They were incredible parents and Grandparents and my family and I will miss them both. On behalf of me and the entire Flutie family, I would like to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers during this difficult time.

It is with a heavy heart that I am making this statement. This morning my family experienced the tragic loss of my father, D!ck and mother, Joan. My Dad had been ill and died of a heart attack in the hospital and my Mom, less than an hour later had a sudden heart attack and passed away. They say you can die of a broken heart and I believe it. I would like to honor my parents for all that they did throughout my and my brothers’ and sister’s lives. My parents were always there for their children, from the days my Dad coached us as kids and my Mom would work the concession stands, through to this morning. The most important part of their 56 years of marriage was providing opportunities to their children. They were incredible parents and Grandparents and my family and I will miss them both. On behalf of me and the entire Flutie family, I would like to thank you all for your well wishes and prayers during this difficult time.

We are given memory that we might have roses in winter.

Also, Chris Jones is one of the most arrogant people in the CFL....the thirst for power alone would drive him toward that gig.

Arrogance doesn't bother me much if it can be backed up and so far, he's backing it up.

very sad.

I doubt that this is what Mrs. Flutie would have wanted, with her remarkable sons, and no doubt fine grandchildren.

To me, Doug and Darren always seemed like outstanding people in every way. Their mum and dad obviously had a big hand in that.

Wow. That's crushing.

Hang in there, Doug. We're with you.

Wow. That's crushing.

Hang in there, Doug. We're with you.

Yes, losing one parent is devastating enough but both... like that  My condolences to Doug, Darren & their families.