First Cut Down Day - list of players released

Jacquie

5 days isn't rushed, it's the opposite of rushed. 

5 or 6 guys they are discussing tonight won't be on the field tomorrow and won't have any more chances to make the team.  Most, if not all of them, didn't have much more of a chance on Thursday or Friday or Saturday or today.

Tell you what.... Lets just agree to disagree yet again and move on to discussing who we actually cut tomorrow.

Guys will be cut as the rules show.

Its not rushed and its not dragged on.  They are allowed the time. Why would you not use the time?

We need to build a football team here. Its sucked for years. Lets take the time and figure it out id say.

They're not gonna make it public a moment before they have to, and why should they?

But then what is there to gain? Don't you think the coaches have known for a while who will be cut ?

But then if that's the worst we have to complain about we"re having a bad day.

5 teams haven't made their cuts yet. The 4 that played last night and the Bombers who played on Tuesday. Now we are hearing that the cuts will be made tonight but not announced until tomorrow. There's no excuse for the decisions not having been made yet. There's no need for the players to wait another day to find out if they've been cut or not. There's no advantage to be gained by waiting until tomorrow to announce the cuts.

Just make the decisions, cut the players, let them know and make the announcements already.

Just simmer down, Why are you constantly waiting in the weeds to jump on them over the smallest detail?

Saskatchewan

Released: RB Terrance Cobb, DB Darwin Cook, LB Eltoro Freeman, LB Joash Gesse, OL Terry Hart, K Denton Kolodzinski, OL Michael Philipp, QB Tino Sunseri, WR Eric Thomas, K Cody Thornton, DL Ryan Wellman

Return to School:  QB Noah Picton

Return to Junior: OL Matthew Halbgewachs, DL Matt Kozun, WR Evan Turkington

Edmonton

Released: KR Etauj Allen, OL David Griffin, RB Harold Mutobola, WR/KR Eric Page, DE RJ Roberts, S Corbin Sharun, DB Scott Williams

Are the bomber cuts legitimate or are they based on the STI test results coming in after the Richards epidemic? Look, I like to know a soon as a player has an STI, but I'm with burgess here, I want decisive action on the Bombers part to cut all those with herpes or even syphilis. The last thing we need is an outbreak of crabs.

Make the cuts now, so nothing else is spread. I want herpes gate done and gone so I can concentrate on the important parts of the season like who is dating what cheerleader and who is out drinking at the pal or who's underwear Jacquie has managed to get her hands on.

They're not gonna make it public a moment before they have to, and why should they?

But then what is there to gain? Don't you think the coaches have known for a while who will be cut?
No I don't think that. I honestly believe there will be relatively-last-minute debates...

But then what is there to gain? Don't you think the coaches have known for a while who will be cut ?

Don't you think if the coaches knew for a while that they would have released all of those players earlier in the week instead of just 5? Doesn't it make sense that for the tougher decisions they would want the extra time to re-watch the game film a few more times and take the time for further evaluations at practice?

The thing is, you don't know whether our management is indecisive or not. You're acting as if because the announcement hasn't been made, the cuts have not been decided upon.

There are literally a million things that could impact this decision and it's incredibly ignorant of you to be so easily dismissive of pretty much all of them. Maybe they're still trying to get a final call on how many people they need to cut. Things like injuries that could land a player on the suspended list impact how many cuts we need to make, maybe there were players meeting with the medical staff today and they're waiting on doctors. Maybe today was a scheduled evening off for the players and they're not counting on being able to reach every single guy they're cutting by phone. Maybe O'Shea or Walters don't see the point in having to be available to the media on a Sunday evening, so they're waiting until the morning to be nice to sports reporters (I hope this isn't it) who now won't have to piece together an article at last minute for the Monday paper.

Instead of considering any of that, you're much more content to just bathe in your ignorance and sing your song of "well they haven't told the whole world yet, they must not know what they're doing"

Give me a break.

Us mike.. Give us a break :)