Hall most likely to be new DC (Now Official)

Mr. Perfect

I neither love nor hate Hall ... he has a track record such as it is

What's the downside on Hall?

Did the Riders fire him for no good reason?

Are the Riders stupid?

Or was it just time for a change, sorta like time to change your underwear?

So many good things to say about Hall, he is a first class man. He is very experienced and draws up good game plans each week. Strictly IMO where he fails is adjustments during the game. It appeared that we rarely made any halftime adjustments under Hall, he simply seemed happy to stay the course even at the expense of losing the game. My other beef with Hall is in the last few minutes of the game when we were trying to hang on for a close win, he just wouldn't turn up the heat and end it. His defensive philosophy is such that allows other teams to hang around late into games. He is waiting for opponents to make a mistake more so than trying to force a mistake. Letting him go could very well turn out to be a mistake, time will tell. I believe Hall is a great hire for the bombers, he is strict with discipline and runs a tight ship. His schemes are solid. Adding Hall probably brings 2-3 more wins for you guys based on some of the ones you lost last year. For any of you that get to meet him he is generous with his time and friendly. Always has a minute or two to take pictures with the kids or whatever.  my 2 cents

Listening to 1290 yesterday afternoon, I thought I would come home and read about the hiring announcement on morningbigblue.

As far as they're (Lawless, I think) concerned, it's done.

They sure had kind words for Hall, in every way. Bad move by Sask if they are right.

From the sounds of things,  he will really fit in well here with the team, and the fans.

I know nothing, but I will post this which I have heard now and again about half time adjustments:

oregon ducks head coach:

"“To a certain degree, the scheme and maneuvering go into it, but the ‘x-factor’ is guys being ready to play, guys being confident, all those kind of things that go into prep that are infinitely important right now Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in terms of how we prepare for a game week.”

“Then, during the game, there are certainly adjustments, but I think that’s one of the most overrated things in the world, is these drastic adjustments that these guys say they make…that just doesn’t happen. You don’t change your offense at halftime. That just doesn’t happen.”

I neither love nor hate Hall ... he has a track record such as it is

What's the downside on Hall?

Did the Riders fire him for no good reason?

Are the Riders stupid?

Or was it just time for a change, sorta like time to change your underwear?

So many good things to say about Hall, he is a first class man. He is very experienced and draws up good game plans each week. Strictly IMO where he fails is adjustments during the game. It appeared that we rarely made any halftime adjustments under Hall, he simply seemed happy to stay the course even at the expense of losing the game. My other beef with Hall is in the last few minutes of the game when we were trying to hang on for a close win, he just wouldn't turn up the heat and end it. His defensive philosophy is such that allows other teams to hang around late into games. He is waiting for opponents to make a mistake more so than trying to force a mistake. Letting him go could very well turn out to be a mistake, time will tell. I believe Hall is a great hire for the bombers, he is strict with discipline and runs a tight ship. His schemes are solid. Adding Hall probably brings 2-3 more wins for you guys based on some of the ones you lost last year. For any of you that get to meet him he is generous with his time and friendly. Always has a minute or two to take pictures with the kids or whatever.  my 2 cents

Thanks for your input!

Listening to 1290 yesterday afternoon, I thought I would come home and read about the hiring announcement on morningbigblue.

They sure had kind words for Hall, in every way. Bad move by Sask if they are right.

From the sounds of things,  he will really fit in well here with the team, and the fans.

I know nothing, but I will post this which I have heard now and again about half time adjustments:

oregon ducks head coach:

"“To a certain degree, the scheme and maneuvering go into it, but the ‘x-factor’ is guys being ready to play, guys being confident, all those kind of things that go into prep that are infinitely important right now Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in terms of how we prepare for a game week.”

“Then, during the game, there are certainly adjustments, but I think that’s one of the most overrated things in the world, is these drastic adjustments that these guys say they make…that just doesn’t happen. You don’t change your offense at halftime. That just doesn’t happen.”

Stubler (I think) said the whole concept of "half-time adjustments" was something coaches made up for half-time TV interviews.

oregon ducks head coach:

Stubler (I think) said the whole concept of "half-time adjustments" was something coaches made up for half-time TV interviews.

Yes all-the-time adjustments are required ... that's what press boxes are for

Could see something like

Newman/Sherman-Taylor reed-Sears/unamba

If  I'm Walters, I'll make a run for McDougall.

We don't know how good Keenan McDougall can be as he has spent most of his time on the IR in Calgary. He doesn't have a lot of playing experience. I don't think he's ever started at safety for the Stampeders. Just been a depth player. 

This is getting old already.

Is today finally the day the Bombers announce the Richie Hall signing?

What does it even matter when they bother to announce it?

Because the more it delays the more it looks that it's not a done deal.

It's not a Jets gameday today, so what's the excuse now?

Off season and people are on holidays?

Often, for things like this they want all the players (GM, head coach, maybe Miller, etc)  in town to do the press conference, and it sometimes takes time to coordinate those schedules.

It's not even 9:30 am and you think they should have had a press conference already. This isn't the type of announcement they just send out a press release to announce.

Maybe the media is busy covering the Jets from last night still, given that it was kind of a historic evening with Perreault and Maurice.

Maybe Kyle Walters is busy on the phone with Johnny Sears or Ian Wild.

Maybe Richie Hall has the runs.

Maybe something else.

Again, it doesn't really matter. They'll announce it at a time that works for everyone.

Maybe the media is busy covering the Jets from last night still, given that it was kind of a historic evening with Perreault and Maurice.

Maybe something else.

Again, it doesn't really matter. They'll announce it at a time that works for everyone.

..or maybe there's NOTHING to announce yet.

Maybe something else.

Or maybe, they are doing it on purpose to get you all riled up.

Kyle Walters: "heheheh Look at M.O.A.B. squirm.... lookit him go cuckoo bananas!"

Wade Miller: "I KNOW, did you see what he just posted on MBB?"

Actually the longer we wait the less it feels its a done deal, the less likely that coordinator is making decisions on his defensive staff.  The sooner we have someone in that position the sooner they can be in watching films and determining what players they need to keep; what changes they want to make and start getting work going for next season.  I felt that part of the failure with Gary was we didn't have him hired until late so he didn't get the full time to work on getting his schemes and such ready.

Actually the longer we wait the less it feels its a done deal, the less likely that coordinator is making decisions on his defensive staff.  The sooner we have someone in that position the sooner they can be in watching films and determining what players they need to keep; what changes they want to make and start getting work going for next season.  I felt that part of the failure with Gary was we didn't have him hired until late so he didn't get the full time to work on getting his schemes and such ready.

Just out of curiosity ... why would an announcement affect any of that?

He's allowed to start working before they make his hiring public.

Maybe something else.

Kyle Walters: "heheheh Look at M.O.A.B. squirm.... lookit him go cuckoo bananas!"

In reality, it's stupid to think that Miller, Walters and O'Shea will spend time reading thru all of the post in this board. 

It's even more stupid to think that they will give a heck who are the posters in here.

Don't you think they should be spending their time improving this football club?

Maybe something else.

In reality, it's stupid to think that Miller, Walters and O'Shea will spend time reading thru all of the post in this board. 

It's even more stupid to think that they will give a heck who are the posters in here.

Don't you think they should be spending their time improving this football club?

Why can't it be both?? I think they should be reading this forum in order to fix the club! We're smarter than all of them!!!! 

Maybe something else.

Whoa there big fella, i was just kidding. 

I thought that was pretty clear- guess i should have used the smiley emoticons.

Why does this reminds me of:

image.png?w=400&c=1

:)